In The Event Construction Materials Do Not Arrive - Business - Contractor Talk

In The Event Construction Materials Do Not Arrive

Old 11-28-2012, 03:39 PM   #1

Trade: General
Rewards Points: 10

In The Event Construction Materials Do Not Arrive

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could share a contract clause or documentation that would help in adding to my own contract; the collection of paid expenses leading up to a date of install in which materials (supplied by the client) simply did no arrive. Is there such a thing? material default?

I will be billing a customer for time and expenses incurred in such scenario and they have agreed. However, I did not have such a clause in my contract and would like something for next time just in case.

Any help appreciated.. thanks!

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Hauling/trucking
Rewards Points: 384

Re: In The Event Construction Materials Do Not Arrive

When I GCed years ago, my contracts said something about HOs making timely decisions. I suppose If a HO held up the project, a change order would be written up, extending your completion date, and coving incurred expences.

Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 08:30 PM   #3
Fire up the BBQ

Trade: GC
Rewards Points: 2,378

Re: In The Event Construction Materials Do Not Arrive

Just add a clause that says something to the effect that any supplies/materials/products supplied by the HO must be on site & in useable/acceptable condition 48 hrs prior to them being needed or installed.