Daily Quantities Form - Business - Contractor Talk

Daily Quantities Form

Old 03-18-2010, 09:42 PM   #1

Trade: Landscape Contractor
Rewards Points: 75

Daily Quantities Form

does anyone have a form that they fill out with daily quantities/reports of work performed and have the GC's representative sign it?
on my end we keep track of everything performed but im thinking of coming up with something to get signed, just looking for ideas/suggestions..

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 03-18-2010, 09:53 PM   #2
Fire up the BBQ

Trade: GC
Rewards Points: 1,106

Re: Daily Quantities Form

Sounds like you want to keep a daily log book as is generally done on large jobs. Legal requirements for the log include pre-printed pages with the date. Spaces to fill in who's working doing what, weather conditions etc. They are not cheap ($35-40) This is something the job super, PM or GC keep. Don't know what you are trying to do but I would not sign any daily sheet you had as I probably wouldn't know or care what material you used, or what you claimed to have done. All I care about is that no one got hurt and you are on schedule and not causing any problems.

Advertisement

Old 03-19-2010, 01:34 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: Electrical
Rewards Points: 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by griz View Post
Don't know what you are trying to do but I would not sign any daily sheet you had as I probably wouldn't know or care what material you used, or what you claimed to have done.
Someone would use this type of log to help with any dispute at the end of the job that was late getting done and to help prove it was no you that held the job up. This is a very good thing to do. If the GC will not sign it then I would think the GC knows of trouble down the line and does not want anything on record to help clear his subs.
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2010, 04:47 PM   #4

Trade: Landscape Contractor
Rewards Points: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by griz View Post
Sounds like you want to keep a daily log book as is generally done on large jobs. Legal requirements for the log include pre-printed pages with the date. Spaces to fill in who's working doing what, weather conditions etc. They are not cheap ($35-40) This is something the job super, PM or GC keep. Don't know what you are trying to do but I would not sign any daily sheet you had as I probably wouldn't know or care what material you used, or what you claimed to have done. All I care about is that no one got hurt and you are on schedule and not causing any problems.

i have my job supers keep daily logs. we do all public work so i want to try to get paid a lil faster. so many times the gcs mess up our billing when they turn them into the owner/agency. basically i want something i can give GC's so they refer to when they are sending their bills in and im not sure how legally binding it would be but if something does go wrong it would be nice to have someones signature on something..
Old 03-19-2010, 05:42 PM   #5
Pro

Trade: Commercial Exteriors & Multi Family Remodel
Rewards Points: 274

We use these http://www.safetymeetingoutlines.com/logbooks.html good quality, kind of pricey but worth the cost of CYA.

Last edited by rock16; 05-15-2010 at 12:56 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:37 AM   #6
Pro

Trade: Consultant
Rewards Points: 500

Why would the GC sign your form? It's not his responsibility to keep track of how much you did each day, other than for his own purposes.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:21 AM   #7
Pro

Trade: Commercial Exteriors & Multi Family Remodel
Rewards Points: 274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Kovacs View Post
Why would the GC sign your form? It's not his responsibility to keep track of how much you did each day, other than for his own purposes.
One example, lots of our jobs have a liquidated damages clause in the contract. Whenever something delays our work that is beyond our control we have the super sign the logbook to verify the delay. Just some CYA so when fingers start getting pointed as to why the job is not on schedule we are covered.
I dont know why the original poster wants it but I can see reasons for it.

Cheers

Advertisement

Last edited by rock16; 05-15-2010 at 12:57 AM.