Contract Programs Available? - Business - Contractor Talk

Contract Programs Available?

Old 01-10-2005, 01:40 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Contract Programs Available?

Been in all phases of construction, owned framing/siding company for the last 15 years, time to take the next step. Have someone who owns her own lot and a set of plans and wants me to build it for her. I have no problem with how to start/complete the project. It's the paperwork issue that I'd like help with. I've always had fairly simple contracts for my smaller jobs, but am assuming the contract to build someone's home should be a bigger deal. Any software programs anyone would recommend? Or are there any free templates I could use and modify to suit my own circumstances. Am also thinking the contract should be reviewed by an attorney beforehand. Any ideas?

Much appreciated.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 01-11-2005, 12:56 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

Re: Contract Programs Available?

Maybe just go with an AIA contract if your not sure? (Maybe not the best, they're great at protecting architects and homeowners...) It wouldn't hurt to buy one of theirs though to at least study the language. It really wouldn't be a bad idea to hook up with an attorney who will make a contract for you - not review one you've made.

Tim

Advertisement

Old 01-21-2005, 12:56 AM   #3
Pro

Trade: Exiled For Life
Rewards Points: 2,000

Re: Contract Programs Available?

Try www.craftsman-book.com they have a book/program they sell with a bunch of different contracts for like 40 or 50 dollars.

Last edited by JustaFramer; 01-21-2005 at 01:00 AM.