Adding A Property Management Leg - Business - Contractor Talk

Adding A Property Management Leg

Old 04-04-2019, 06:28 AM   #1
Pro

Trade: Residential Contracting
Rewards Points: 188

Adding A Property Management Leg

I am going full throttle at adding a property management leg to compliment the construction side of the business.

Our aim right now(or thoughts) are to target wealthier neighborhoods in order to offer property management at a monthly fee.

Our thought is that this service will allow us to keep the guys busy during down time, have a foot in the door with any construction work, and allow for more stable and predictable cash flow.

If anyone has or does something like this, would you be able to help me out with identifying the pain points of these clients or ANY other advice?

Im a younger guy and with my growing family I really want to take my business to a new, more stable level.... trying to really do this right.

Would love to learn from wisdom on here, rather than thru frustrated clients or money coming out of my pocket to fix systems and mistakes

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 04-04-2019, 09:46 AM   #2
3 Jacks 2 Nines

Trade: Wannabe Homebuilder
Rewards Points: 292

Re: Adding A Property Management Leg

Property management typically relates to the leasing and caretaking of rental units. Is that what you are talking about? Or do you mean property maintenance?

Advertisement

Old 04-05-2019, 09:54 AM   #3
Pro

Trade: Residential Contracting
Rewards Points: 188

property maintenance may be correct lingo, but were aiming to service the homes, i.e. inspect all mech systems weekly/monthly/ maintain exterior landscape, natural stone, docks, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2019, 05:45 PM   #4
Sean

Trade: Principal / Owner
Rewards Points: 124

start here for some ideas that others have done: http://thehtrc.com/2013/home-mainten...ackages-or-diy which includes Davinci Remodel who is also on this forum
You may also consider just how much you might want to do / customers might like - vacation to higher end might like stocking fridges, etc... try googling home concierge or something similar
Calidecks (04-06-2019)
Old 05-17-2019, 10:47 PM   #5

Trade: Remodel
Rewards Points: 6

In for replies also.