Roofing Method Of Works For Stripping Tiles And Replacing With Large Concrete Tiles - Roofing - Contractor Talk

Roofing Method Of Works For Stripping Tiles And Replacing With Large Concrete Tiles

Old 05-25-2014, 02:06 PM   #1

Trade: roofing
Rewards Points: 4

Roofing Method Of Works For Stripping Tiles And Replacing With Large Concrete Tiles

hey guys ive been asked to do a method of works for stripping tiles and replacing with large concrete tiles for a college assignment, but im rubbish at this sort of stuff, can you guys enliten me on a brief method of works for stripping the roof, putting the felt and lats back then loading and laying the tiles, any help will be greatly appreciated thanks
ash

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 05-25-2014, 04:49 PM   #2

Trade: House Builder
Rewards Points: 36

Re: Roofing Method Of Works For Stripping Tiles And Replacing With Large Concrete Tiles

Takes them off and nail the new ones on. Simples!!! Anyone can do it.

Surely the point of the assignment is to learn the process involved and not to take the easy route and ask someone else to do the work for you.

I would wager you are unlikely to get any help here with your current attitude.

Perhaps if you would at least attempt an answer and approach the assignment positively you might find that the guys here would help you refine your work.

Advertisement

The Following User Says Thank You to Tir For This Useful Post:
Mr Latone (05-28-2014)
Old 06-04-2014, 04:27 AM   #3
Pro

Trade: roofing and other envied trades
Rewards Points: 1,278

Re: Roofing Method Of Works For Stripping Tiles And Replacing With Large Concrete Tiles

I can enlighten you on how to spell enlighten
The Following User Says Thank You to madrina For This Useful Post:
roofermann (06-04-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2014, 04:30 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tir View Post

I would wager you are unlikely to get any help here with your current attitude.

Perhaps if you would at least attempt an answer and approach the assignment positively you might find that the guys here would help you refi.
How do u know us so well and you only have 5 posts? Hmmmmm. Strange indeed. You must have done a lot of reading already..
Old 06-05-2014, 02:58 PM   #5

Trade: House Builder
Rewards Points: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrina View Post
How do u know us so well and you only have 5 posts? Hmmmmm. Strange indeed. You must have done a lot of reading already..
Caught out by Madrina!!!!

Hello Contractor Talk my name is Tir and I am a lurkaholic

Yes, I do a fair bit of reading on here and I don't post that often but being from the other side of the Atlantic there are quite a few differences in our preferred construction techniques so there are much more qualified folks on here to help and give advice to your largely US and Canadian membership.

Sadly, I did however miss a very famous post by you, Madrina, which I believe caused quite a stir

I had a feeling that this guy was possibly from over here and I thought I would offer him a chance to try and get some guidance from everyone on this site but it would appear he was just looking an easy out. His loss eh!

I enjoy reading the posts on this site and looking at the similarities and differences on how we approach construction. You never know what you might encounter at work so I like the idea that I have a massive resource of knowledge and people who might just be able to help me out of a hole one day.

I hope you all can put up with my lurking ways and I solemnly promise to double my post count this year

Tir
Old 06-06-2014, 10:45 PM   #6
Pro

Yeah, you have to double your post... that's the rule.. no..no... that's not right, I think the rule is you're not allowed to post until u have 600 posts.. its something like that... its in here somewhere..

Its ok to lurk . Gleeking is frowned upon and Lurching is strictly prohibited.. Just try not to trample the bushes like 1985 did. My flowers still look like shat.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:37 AM   #7
YUUUUP!

Trade: Metal Roofing Mogul
Rewards Points: 916

Booom

Advertisement