National Labor Force Database - Roofing - Contractor Talk

National Labor Force Database

Old 09-23-2015, 10:34 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: roofing and other envied trades
Rewards Points: 1,280

National Labor Force Database

As a few of you know, I've been struggling to find some documented roofing labor for the past few days. I have called everyone I know, (all roofing company owners) from Texas to California to kansas to new York and I am still thumbs up my butt looking. Well actually, I have 11 guys now, MAYBE! Whoo hoo. We will see if they show up tomorrow.

So this other roofer lady and I were talking, expressing our dismay over the situation and she said, "I'm going to keep a database from now on of every one that works for me because this shouldn't be this difficult!"

I said, that's a great idea! I'm going to do that as well and then let's trade! And just as you would expect from two women trying to take over the world. ...by the end of the convo, we decided this database should go nationwide.

Who else is interested in something like this? I mean I know phone numbers change and people die and grow old, but having a pool of numbers to draw from is half the battle. Especially if you get a lot of work out of town in different places.

Most of us would take a crew, but you know how expensive that can get! And there's always those times you find yourself shorthanded... i don't care how awesome you are, I know I'm not the only one who's been standing on a roof by myself outta town with my thumb up my butt. Metaphorically speaking that is. Well, considering who I'm talking to here on ct, my chances are probably just as high if i were being literal. Lol

That's about as far as I have gotten on the design of this thing, but I'm thinking internet based private access, city state, verified info, and ability to leave reviews?? Is that asking too much?

If you want to gain access to the database you have to feed it some numbers... that's fair. It's not about referring crews or people, it's not about any one of us making money, it's just about karma. Helping eachother out.. making lives easier.

Any takers?

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 09-23-2015, 11:13 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Framer
Rewards Points: 16

Re: National Labor Force Database

So who do you want in it? A list of workers you can e-verify with a location and ph#? Specialties? Employers willing to travel or loan out crews?

Advertisement

Old 09-25-2015, 10:52 AM   #3
Pro

I want everyone's subs phone number. Lol I just want to be able to take o ut of state jobs without all the expense and hassle of dragging a crew away from home away from their family paying for their gas their hotels I mean and gas. wouldn't it be nice if we had a place to go a list of people to call that were recommended by other people that we trust? I mean it's not like anyone's going to steal anyone's crew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2015, 12:02 PM   #4
Pro

Trade: Handyman
Rewards Points: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrina View Post
I want everyone's subs phone number. Lol I just want to be able to take o ut of state jobs without all the expense and hassle of dragging a crew away from home away from their family paying for their gas their hotels I mean and gas. wouldn't it be nice if we had a place to go a list of people to call that were recommended by other people that we trust? I mean it's not like anyone's going to steal anyone's crew
My wife doesn't trust you.
Old 09-26-2015, 11:38 PM   #5
Pro

She doesn't have to trust me. This isn't for me. This is for everyone.

And btw, i don't know what happened with that last post of mine. Looks like I scrambled the words in the last few sentences. Stupid talk text is always making people look stupid.