IB PVC Roofing Manufacturing - Roofing - Contractor Talk

IB PVC Roofing Manufacturing

Old 01-04-2015, 10:01 PM   #1

Trade: Full Service General Contractor
Rewards Points: 14

IB PVC Roofing Manufacturing

Hello!

I am new here - but work for a large contractor (all my life) . . .

I've done hours of researching and cannot determine if IB manufactures their own PVC. I've called their rep's and they say "yes", but they when I ask where their facilities are located they say its "manufactured to their specifications".

So are they are simply a re-seller that is buying massive quantities and re-branding?

I am VERY, VERY familiar with Versico/Carslie, Dura-Last and JM. All of which are very helpfully and point out they control the entire manufacturing process in-house. Also, the latter manufactures are willing to disclose how much is allocated in their reserve funds for warranty claims.

We have been performing more and more residential PVC installations and everyone is using IB because of the robust warranty they offer. I don't know if we should become a certified installer?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 01-05-2015, 10:22 AM   #2
Pro

Trade: Roofing
Rewards Points: 346

Re: IB PVC Roofing Manufacturing

I honestly don't know for sure if IB makes their own sheet, but why would it really matter. I've heard they have a good track record. For what it's worth, Verisco is just rebranded Carlise. Genflex is rebranded Firestone.

Most of the manufactures do not make their own ISO, Fasteners, an a host of other things. I'd be more concerned with them standing behind their products then if they make it them self.

Advertisement

Old 01-06-2015, 02:06 AM   #3

Trade: Full Service General Contractor
Rewards Points: 14

Carlise is Versico's residential brand . . . that is not my concern. I am certified with both. Our crews are ALL factory trained. I am just concerned how IB extends so much but with what indemnification and training? Where is their reserve fund, how do they control quality in the manufacturing process?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2015, 10:37 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by myemailsea View Post
Carlise is Versico's residential brand . . . that is not my concern. I am certified with both. Our crews are ALL factory trained. I am just concerned how IB extends so much but with what indemnification and training? Where is their reserve fund, how do they control quality in the manufacturing process?

Not really a residential brand at all since neither one will warranty residential jobs.

I would imagine they work a lot like any other manufacture, you asked to be signed up, if they like you they sign you up. Probably offer ongoing training ect. IB has been around for a while, I would guess they are set up ok on the business end of things.

If your interested in installing their goods why not request a tour of their manufacturing facilities to see for your self. If their name is on the building well then you know it's theirs, if it says one of the others then there is your answer.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1985gt For This Useful Post:
JWilliams (01-06-2015)
Old 01-06-2015, 06:47 PM   #5
YUUUUP!

Trade: Metal Roofing Mogul
Rewards Points: 916

I know this is a little off topic but is there even a single ply brand that will warranty a residential install?
Old 01-07-2015, 10:13 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWilliams View Post
I know this is a little off topic but is there even a single ply brand that will warranty a residential install?
IB does, Gaf has a material warranty for the self adhered modified. I thought there was one other but I couldn't find it.

EDIT: Flex roof systems does. I didn't want to download it to read it but it was an option.

There maybe another one I didn't look for.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:39 AM   #7
YUUUUP!

I seen a single ply a few years ago that was suppose to look like shingles after it was Installed.
Old 01-07-2015, 02:29 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWilliams View Post
I seen a single ply a few years ago that was suppose to look like shingles after it was Installed.
Duro last currently makes a printed pattern. There was someone else who dropped off a sample board a few years ago I don't remember who and the board is in the trash, it's a nice concept but they wanted a large premium for it. Just like the weld/adhere on look a like standing seam profiles you can get for TPO and PVC. Why not just put a standing seam roof on? You can do a double lock Standing seam for cheaper then a PVC and the weld/adhered on look a likes. The were some ungodly amount per foot.
Old 01-07-2015, 02:49 PM   #9
Aka clvr83

Rewards Points: 256

JWilliams: Durolast has a "shingle-ply" I bid to install it once but they didn't budge, was a bit pricey. I think IB does too but I'm not certified with them.

The newest Roofing Contractor has ads for a SBS roll that has a shingle design to it. Great idea, but I don't know the cost.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:25 PM   #10
YUUUUP!

Didn't mean to hijack the thread is a dumb question.

Advertisement