ContractorTalk.com Site Announcement - ContractorTalk.com News - Contractor Talk

ContractorTalk.com Site Announcement

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2014, 03:50 PM   #1
Administrator
 
admin's Avatar
 
Trade: Administrator
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 441
Rewards Points: 3,910

ContractorTalk.com Site Announcement


Hello Everyone,

My name is Philip; I am a new community manager joining the site and working alongside Cricket.
Recently, VerticalScope acquired ContractorTalk.com from Escalate Media and we have taken over all webmaster duties for the Escalate Media team on ContractorTalk. We have been working very closely with the site staff on making sure this transition has been seamless and positive for everyone. The organization and leadership you are used to on the site every day will still be here as well as the spirit of the community everyone has helped to develop and maintain. There are very few changes expected to happen over the next few weeks while we work to settle in. To give you all a little idea of what we do and why we are here I have broken down some of the basic questions that I am sure most of you have.

Who are you, VerticalScope?

VerticalScope is a company of enthusiasts that supports both enthusiasts and professionals. We manage multiple online communities that work to engage users with a broad spectrum of themes and interests. Our focus it to continue the steady growth of these communities while working to maintain the passion and spirit that make each one unique. We know that working in the trades is not just a job but a big part of your lifestyle as well. From community management to the tech end of things our team brings the resources and experience to help the site continue to grow by raising the quality of the user experience.

Will you still maintain the same rules and practices on the site?

Yes, the site will still have the same rules and practices it has always had to help keep the environment progressive and professional. Membership will continue to be vetted and only allow verified Trade Professionals to maintain accounts on the site.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will be around for years to come. Itís our goal to work with the community and the board staff to help provide the resources required to give this community a broader reach. This works to attract new members to better the overall knowledge shared in the community. Over time the community grows further and becomes an even better resource of information on the subjects you love so much.


Will leadership change?

Cricket and Juan M will remain your primary community managers here. Continuity is an important focus for us; YOU as the membership of this community have helped to set the positive tone. New members are made to feel welcome and should want to continue to contribute to the growth of the site. The same Mods and Admins you have grown to appreciate will not change and will still be here to help you and keep the site clean and free of distractions. The VerticalScope team are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on and there are as few bumps in the road as possible. We recognize that each community is unique and having respect for this is paramount to us. Since the beginning the moderator team has established the unique rules and regulations that will continue. The community has also established a strong reputation that makes the site inviting and engaging to all users new and more experienced.


What am I here for?

My primary role is working with Cricket and Juan as the technical contact for the site. The community and moderation staff built the foundation and keep the roof from falling, I am part of the team keeping the lights on inside while we all enjoy the exchange of information and ideas. We will be on the forum checking in daily to make sure regular maintenance is all taken care of and keep things running smoothly from behind the scenes.

I do look forward to getting to know you all and this unique community better.

Thanks,

Philip
admin is online now  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:
asevereid (12-08-2014), bob hutson (12-09-2014), gfourth (12-08-2014), greg24k (12-08-2014), griz (12-08-2014), maxwage (12-08-2014), overanalyze (12-08-2014), tgeb (12-09-2014)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

   

Advertisement

 

Old 12-08-2014, 04:48 PM   #2
General Contractor
 
greg24k's Avatar
 
Trade: New Home Construction-Additions-Remodeling
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,373
Rewards Points: 7,820

Re: ContractorTalk.com Site Announcement


Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Hello Everyone,

My name is Philip; I am a new community manager joining the site and working alongside Cricket.
Recently, VerticalScope acquired ContractorTalk.com from Escalate Media and we have taken over all webmaster duties for the Escalate Media team on ContractorTalk. We have been working very closely with the site staff on making sure this transition has been seamless and positive for everyone. The organization and leadership you are used to on the site every day will still be here as well as the spirit of the community everyone has helped to develop and maintain. There are very few changes expected to happen over the next few weeks while we work to settle in. To give you all a little idea of what we do and why we are here I have broken down some of the basic questions that I am sure most of you have.

Who are you, VerticalScope?

VerticalScope is a company of enthusiasts that supports both enthusiasts and professionals. We manage multiple online communities that work to engage users with a broad spectrum of themes and interests. Our focus it to continue the steady growth of these communities while working to maintain the passion and spirit that make each one unique. We know that working in the trades is not just a job but a big part of your lifestyle as well. From community management to the tech end of things our team brings the resources and experience to help the site continue to grow by raising the quality of the user experience.

Will you still maintain the same rules and practices on the site?

Yes, the site will still have the same rules and practices it has always had to help keep the environment progressive and professional. Membership will continue to be vetted and only allow verified Trade Professionals to maintain accounts on the site.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will be around for years to come. Itís our goal to work with the community and the board staff to help provide the resources required to give this community a broader reach. This works to attract new members to better the overall knowledge shared in the community. Over time the community grows further and becomes an even better resource of information on the subjects you love so much.


Will leadership change?

Cricket and Juan M will remain your primary community managers here. Continuity is an important focus for us; YOU as the membership of this community have helped to set the positive tone. New members are made to feel welcome and should want to continue to contribute to the growth of the site. The same Mods and Admins you have grown to appreciate will not change and will still be here to help you and keep the site clean and free of distractions. The VerticalScope team are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on and there are as few bumps in the road as possible. We recognize that each community is unique and having respect for this is paramount to us. Since the beginning the moderator team has established the unique rules and regulations that will continue. The community has also established a strong reputation that makes the site inviting and engaging to all users new and more experienced.


What am I here for?

My primary role is working with Cricket and Juan as the technical contact for the site. The community and moderation staff built the foundation and keep the roof from falling, I am part of the team keeping the lights on inside while we all enjoy the exchange of information and ideas. We will be on the forum checking in daily to make sure regular maintenance is all taken care of and keep things running smoothly from behind the scenes.

I do look forward to getting to know you all and this unique community better.

Thanks,

Philip
Philip,

Thanks for the info and introduction. On behalf of everyone if they don't mind, I like to thank you for the work you guys been doing and making sure the roof stays on...

With that said, just make sure you OSHA certified and use the necessary safety precautions if that roof need any repairs.

Advertisement

__________________
I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!
greg24k is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greg24k For This Useful Post:
admin (12-09-2014), Cricket (12-08-2014), Dustincoc (12-19-2014), griz (12-08-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 05:13 PM   #3
Fire up the BBQ
 
griz's Avatar
 
Trade: GC
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 21,457
Rewards Points: 1,612

Re: ContractorTalk.com Site Announcement


Welcome aboard Philip.
__________________
SOME JOBS JUST AREN'T WORTH DOING:
griz is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to griz For This Useful Post:
Cricket (12-08-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-08-2014, 05:48 PM   #4
Accidental Painter
 
Driftweed's Avatar
 
Trade: Who's paying?
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Evansville, IN
Posts: 2,292
Rewards Points: 1,262

Re: ContractorTalk.com Site Announcement


Welcome aboard. Have you read ANY of threads started about complains to this site and what are your plans to address them?

Just curious if its you or the last guy who is responsible for all the broken crap around here. Either way someone needs to start listening and acting.

Your "new members" are mostly one post wonders...
Driftweed is offline  
Old 12-08-2014, 06:02 PM   #5
Administrator
 
Cricket's Avatar
 
Trade: Administrator
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,652
Rewards Points: 13,954

Re: ContractorTalk.com Site Announcement


This is a really good change for this community. We now have a full team of support and resources to be able to fix those things that drive us crazy.
__________________
"Show respect even to people who donít deserve it, not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours."
Cricket is online now  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cricket For This Useful Post:
Dustincoc (12-19-2014), greg24k (12-10-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 06:25 PM   #6
Administrator
 
admin's Avatar
 
Trade: Administrator
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 441
Rewards Points: 3,910

Re: ContractorTalk.com Site Announcement


Quote:
Originally Posted by greg24k View Post
Philip,

Thanks for the info and introduction. On behalf of everyone if they don't mind, I like to thank you for the work you guys been doing and making sure the roof stays on...

With that said, just make sure you OSHA certified and use the necessary safety precautions if that roof need any repairs.
Funny you mention this, my Dad was a foreman for the better part of his working career (retired just a few years ago). He was also the appointed safety guy for his group of foreman and took this very seriously. Growing up I used to hear stories at the dinner table about rules, regulations, precautions and his general obsession with keeping his crew injury and incident free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftweed View Post
Welcome aboard. Have you read ANY of threads started about complains to this site and what are your plans to address them?

Just curious if its you or the last guy who is responsible for all the broken crap around here. Either way someone needs to start listening and acting.

Your "new members" are mostly one post wonders...
First day on the job, I do plan to look into these issues and are happy to work with the rest of the crew to get things running better here. If you have suggestions let me know otherwise I will be checking for more info over the next few days.

-Philip
admin is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:
greg24k (12-10-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 06:57 PM   #7
Pro
 
Dave in Pa's Avatar
 
Trade: restoration/remodeling
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mars, PA (Warrendale, Wexford)
Posts: 660
Rewards Points: 1,272

Re: ContractorTalk.com Site Announcement


Welcome. That was a "well spoke" intro in my mind.

As for the things that need done, FREE beer Friday, more free stuff, OH what a minute, better let ya get your feet wet first! LOL

Welcome and Thank-you!

Dave in PA
Dave in Pa is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave in Pa For This Useful Post:
asevereid (12-08-2014), Cricket (12-08-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 07:33 PM   #8
Administrator
 
admin's Avatar
 
Trade: Administrator
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 441
Rewards Points: 3,910

Re: ContractorTalk.com Site Announcement


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Pa View Post
Welcome. That was a "well spoke" intro in my mind.

As for the things that need done, FREE beer Friday, more free stuff, OH what a minute, better let ya get your feet wet first! LOL

Welcome and Thank-you!

Dave in PA
Hey Dave, I do love beer and Fridays.

-Philip
admin is online now  
Old 12-08-2014, 08:09 PM   #9
Lazy Millennial
 
Youngin''s Avatar
 
Trade: Carpenter
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 3,755
Rewards Points: 416

Re: ContractorTalk.com Site Announcement


Welcome! Did you bring presents?

I want a pony.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnld View Post
Home Depot... you can glue it, we can help!
Youngin' is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Youngin' For This Useful Post:
Cricket (12-08-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 08:24 PM   #10
Administrator
 
admin's Avatar
 
Trade: Administrator
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 441
Rewards Points: 3,910

Re: ContractorTalk.com Site Announcement


Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngin' View Post
Welcome! Did you bring presents?

I want a pony.
Still working on getting one of those for my wife.
admin is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:
Youngin' (12-08-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 09:18 PM   #11
Always Learning
 
overanalyze's Avatar
 
Trade: Builder/Remodeler
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 7,971
Rewards Points: 428

Re: ContractorTalk.com Site Announcement


Wow! The place has switched hands again?! Thank you for the great information! Definitely glad to hear nothing will change but maybe some of the glitches we get every now and again. Where do we sign up for the free beer again....?
__________________
It is what it is...now fix it.
overanalyze is online now  
Old 12-08-2014, 09:21 PM   #12
Administrator
 
admin's Avatar
 
Trade: Administrator
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 441
Rewards Points: 3,910

Re: ContractorTalk.com Site Announcement


Quote:
Originally Posted by overanalyze View Post
Wow! The place has switched hands again?! Thank you for the great information! Definitely glad to hear nothing will change but maybe some of the glitches we get every now and again. Where do we sign up for the free beer again....?
If you have a list of work orders let me know so we can work on getting the little glitches patched up.

-Philip
admin is online now  
Old 12-08-2014, 10:31 PM   #13
Pro
 
maxwage's Avatar
 
Trade: Commercial Construction
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Columbus, Indiana
Posts: 663
Rewards Points: 791

Re: ContractorTalk.com Site Announcement


Welcome! Glad to see the site is in seemingly good hands. I would like to more giveaways or contests, from sponsors and such. I was fortunate enough last year to win a Fein MM, it has me thirsting for more!

Also, I would like to be available to buy CT branded stuff (I despise the word swag).

I am not a post whore so I'll be 75 by time I can get a shirt!

Stuff like stickers, shirts, hats, carpenter pencils, beer coozies, etc. I understand these take money and time to acquire, but I would happily pay to rep our great community! In addition it could possibly help fund this great place we have.

EDIT: And more love to our Canadian brethren. We have some great members from our friendly neighbor to the north.

2nd EDIT: You've been here since DEC 03 Phillip?!
__________________
I'm a beast at everything I do.

I buy tools. Not brands.

Last edited by maxwage; 12-08-2014 at 10:36 PM.
maxwage is offline  
Old 12-08-2014, 11:06 PM   #14
Hack
 
asevereid's Avatar
 
Trade: Carpenter
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kamloops, B.C.
Posts: 2,626
Rewards Points: 194

Re: ContractorTalk.com Site Announcement


Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
If you have a list of beer orders let me know so we can work on getting the pitchers lined up.

-Philip
Fixed it for ya'.
__________________
How to figure your pricing:
http://goo.gl/Il8c2
L+M+O+P/ Pricing, Estimating, And Success
Charging tree fiddy per lineal BOB
asevereid is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to asevereid For This Useful Post:
overanalyze (12-08-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 11:51 PM   #15
Accidental Painter
 
Driftweed's Avatar
 
Trade: Who's paying?
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Evansville, IN
Posts: 2,292
Rewards Points: 1,262

Re: ContractorTalk.com Site Announcement


Haha didn't mean to bag on ya in your intro post. But you held your own and earned your stripes so far.

I always found that when you have the ear of someone in power, voice everything because you may not ever see them again haha.

Don't be a stranger!
Driftweed is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Driftweed For This Useful Post:
admin (12-09-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 11:57 PM   #16
Hair Splitter
 
TNTRenovate's Avatar
 
Trade: General
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 18,056
Rewards Points: 700

Re: ContractorTalk.com Site Announcement


Bring back the old app. Screw a mobile site.
__________________
Tried & True on Facebook
Tried & True Website
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpenterSFO View Post
You ask for your money frequently, and you collect it quickly, else you stop working immediately.
TNTRenovate is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TNTRenovate For This Useful Post:
Agility (12-22-2014), BBuild (12-09-2014), BCConstruction (12-10-2014), Big Shoe (12-13-2014), greg24k (12-10-2014), JT Wood (12-12-2014)
Old 12-09-2014, 12:53 PM   #17
Administrator
 
admin's Avatar
 
Trade: Administrator
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 441
Rewards Points: 3,910

Re: ContractorTalk.com Site Announcement


Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwage View Post
Welcome! Glad to see the site is in seemingly good hands. I would like to more giveaways or contests, from sponsors and such. I was fortunate enough last year to win a Fein MM, it has me thirsting for more!

Also, I would like to be available to buy CT branded stuff (I despise the word swag).

I am not a post whore so I'll be 75 by time I can get a shirt!

Stuff like stickers, shirts, hats, carpenter pencils, beer coozies, etc. I understand these take money and time to acquire, but I would happily pay to rep our great community! In addition it could possibly help fund this great place we have.

EDIT: And more love to our Canadian brethren. We have some great members from our friendly neighbor to the north.

2nd EDIT: You've been here since DEC 03 Phillip?!
I know Cricket has me working on getting Ball Caps made up to start.
admin is online now  
Old 12-09-2014, 02:10 PM   #18
Pro
 
Donohue Const's Avatar
 
Trade: General Contractor
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Granada, MN
Posts: 1,004
Rewards Points: 1,386

Re: ContractorTalk.com Site Announcement


I like the pencil and coozie idea!
__________________
Ryan
-----------
www.ryandonohueconstruction.com
Donohue Const is online now  
Old 12-09-2014, 02:26 PM   #19
Hair Splitter
 
TNTRenovate's Avatar
 
Trade: General
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 18,056
Rewards Points: 700

Re: ContractorTalk.com Site Announcement


CT toilet paper. Won't take chit off anyone.
__________________
Tried & True on Facebook
Tried & True Website
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpenterSFO View Post
You ask for your money frequently, and you collect it quickly, else you stop working immediately.
TNTRenovate is offline  
Old 12-09-2014, 02:29 PM   #20
Capra aegagrus

 
Tinstaafl's Avatar
 
Trade: Remodeler
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Central Pennsylvania
Posts: 22,851
Rewards Points: 711

Re: ContractorTalk.com Site Announcement


Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTSERVICES View Post
CT toilet paper. Won't take chit off anyone.
Then what would be the point?

Advertisement

Tinstaafl is offline  


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What have you had stolen from you a job site? ram360 Tools & Equipment 60 03-31-2013 10:49 AM
New to the site! WorthingtonMlwk New Member Introductions 0 03-06-2013 05:42 PM
How to drive more traffic to my site Joetheplumber Marketing & Sales 37 06-10-2012 10:29 AM
Adding blog to web site gastek Websites and SEO 4 03-08-2012 05:59 PM

Join Now... It's Fast and FREE!

I am a professional contractor
I am a DIY Homeowner
Drywall Talk is for
PROFESSIONAL CONTRACTORS ONLY!

At DrywallTalk.com we cater exlusivly to professional contractors who make their living as a contractor. Knowing that many homeowners and DIYers are looking for a community to call home, we've created www.DIYChatroom.com DIY Chatroom is full of helpful advices and perfect for DIY homeowners.

Redirecing in 10 seconds
No Thanks
terms of service

Already Have an Account?