Using Social Marketing To Produce Leads - Marketing & Sales - Contractor Talk

Using Social Marketing To Produce Leads

Old 11-25-2009, 06:20 PM   #1

Trade: Online Lead Generation for Contractors
Rewards Points: 25

Using Social Marketing To Produce Leads

Hi Everyone,
Hope this post finds you well.

I am interested in the FAQ's that contractors have about social marketing for their business. As you know, social media marketing is the key to producing leads and customers, in today's market.

What confuses you when it comes to marketing your business through social media marketing tools?

__________________________________________________ ____________
Alyssa Gagen
GenNext Media LLC.

Last edited by Alyssa Gagen; 11-25-2009 at 09:23 PM. Reason: took out promotions

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 11-25-2009, 07:07 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Deck guy
Rewards Points: 2,270

Re: Using Social Marketing To Produce Leads

Hi Alyssa, welcome to the site. You could check under the Marketing subforum for threads started about social media marketing.

I see that marketing using social media is your business - I would like to invite you to read through our posting rules concerning self-advertising..just so you're familiar w/ them.

Thanks!

Mac

Advertisement

Old 11-25-2009, 07:31 PM   #3
MyOnlineToolbox cofounder

Trade: contractor marketing, website education & strategy
Rewards Points: 3,434

If I had to put my money and time in any direction, I would suggest you focus on the Search Engine Optimization for your website since the vast majority of your new leads will come from search (excluding repeat business which you should be marketing to as a separate issue). The time and effort for social marketing will not pay off close to SEO. Brian
festerized (11-25-2009)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2009, 09:24 PM   #4

Thanks for the advice, Mac!
Old 11-25-2009, 11:18 PM   #5
Average Joe

Trade: Design/Build
Rewards Points: 524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa Gagen View Post
Hi Everyone,
Hope this post finds you well.

I am interested in the FAQ's that contractors have about social marketing for their business. As you know, social media marketing is the key to producing leads and customers, in today's market.

What confuses you when it comes to marketing your business through social media marketing tools?

__________________________________________________ ____________
Alyssa Gagen
GenNext Media LLC.
Maybe I don't understand "social media" well enough but I know it has something to do with the "greater good" or perceived g.g.

I could see that in "no smoking" ad campaigns...how does this apply to us average run of the schmuck contractors and how would it make me money (bottom line)?

I'll give you a shot...how would your company help us?
Old 11-26-2009, 11:31 AM   #6
Pro

Trade: windows and siding
Rewards Points: 150

We use social media as part of our SEO.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:01 PM   #7

Trade: Stair building
Rewards Points: 75

tin man has got it right. And I consistently see twitter updates in results for searches on google.

A large social media campaign is probably not necessary for most folks, but an account on facebook or twitter doesn't hurt and neither does checking in on it "when you have time" and posting an update or responding to someone else's updates. Networking is increasingly important in whatever industry you're in. Not always possible to go out in the real world and meet people even though we know it's best. Social networking is just a tool that helps through a proven method of getting business.. networking.

Last edited by Techie; 11-26-2009 at 01:04 PM.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:33 PM   #8
Windows Plus

Trade: Replacement of windows,siding and doors

What are the means to be sucessful at this, drviving to your website? can you get links from this medium?
Old 11-27-2009, 01:00 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 75

The advice given above to invest your time money and efforts into SEO I will say for today is solid advice. However the social media movement is changing how the internet works...

I think that most understand how the basics of google works, but the nut shell version is it looks at the code behind your site. Looks at keywords and compairs that to the content found on the site. The more closely it matches the more "on topic" google see that site.

That is a very basic explanation and just scratches the surface of SEO. That all being said things are constantly changing and morphining online. The biggest change in recent years is social media.

I have some very well connected people who have explaind just how things are going to change. Social media is nothing more then the conversations of millions of people. As contractors we all know what the most powerful form of advertising is....word of mouth...right?

So now with social media being the collective combination of millions of people is that not very powerful information. Google is working on metrics that taps into that "chatter" and use it to drive it's search engines.

What we are seeing is the initial stages of how SEO will be driven in the future. How many would have liked to have jumped onto the "website bandwagon" 10 years ago? Now you have that chance again...
Old 11-29-2009, 12:12 PM   #10
Pro

Trade: windows and siding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny K View Post
What are the means to be sucessful at this, drviving to your website? can you get links from this medium?
Kenny k we get traffic but main reason would be links.Some will say they are nofollow links so no link juice.
But we have found that many auto post to RSS feeds that are do follow.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:45 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage View Post
Maybe I don't understand "social media" well enough but I know it has something to do with the "greater good" or perceived g.g.

I could see that in "no smoking" ad campaigns...how does this apply to us average run of the schmuck contractors and how would it make me money (bottom line)?

I'll give you a shot...how would your company help us?

Hi Heritage,

While the "no smoking" advertisements are very good examples of public service campaigns, they are not directly related to social media.

Social media is the process of utilizing the interactive web to produce more leads and build relationships for your business.

I will send you information about our product ASAP. We have generate a social media marketing guide for contractors to utilize internet marketing and use other tools to help them produce leads, fast and easily.

Thank you so much for your interest!
Old 11-30-2009, 03:38 PM   #12
Windows Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricohio View Post
The advice given above to invest your time money and efforts into SEO I will say for today is solid advice. However the social media movement is changing how the internet works...

I think that most understand how the basics of google works, but the nut shell version is it looks at the code behind your site. Looks at keywords and compairs that to the content found on the site. The more closely it matches the more "on topic" google see that site.

That is a very basic explanation and just scratches the surface of SEO. That all being said things are constantly changing and morphining online. The biggest change in recent years is social media.

I have some very well connected people who have explaind just how things are going to change. Social media is nothing more then the conversations of millions of people. As contractors we all know what the most powerful form of advertising is....word of mouth...right?

So now with social media being the collective combination of millions of people is that not very powerful information. Google is working on metrics that taps into that "chatter" and use it to drive it's search engines.

What we are seeing is the initial stages of how SEO will be driven in the future. How many would have liked to have jumped onto the "website bandwagon" 10 years ago? Now you have that chance again...
yep, once again we have to evolve
Old 11-30-2009, 03:40 PM   #13
Windows Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa Gagen View Post
Hi Heritage,

While the "no smoking" advertisements are very good examples of public service campaigns, they are not directly related to social media.

Social media is the process of utilizing the interactive web to produce more leads and build relationships for your business.

I will send you information about our product ASAP. We have generate a social media marketing guide for contractors to utilize internet marketing and use other tools to help them produce leads, fast and easily.

Thank you so much for your interest!
That sounds intriguing, can you get this info to me as well, thanks

Advertisement

Tags
contractor marketing , internet marketing , lead generation , marketing strategy , social media