New Design For Business Cards And Flyers - Marketing & Sales - Contractor Talk

New Design For Business Cards And Flyers

Old 04-05-2009, 05:12 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 150

New Design For Business Cards And Flyers

....we've gone back to the drawing boards (and our check books) to have a new design made for our business cards and flyers. We liked our current looking material, however, we felt that we can have an enhanced look on both of these items.

Business Card:

....just a few things to keep in mind....they'll be printed on a 35mm frosted card material. Basically, it'll be "transparent" on both sides, so the front and back sides are both designed to basically "mirror" one another. So when you flip the card over (if you're looking at the front side), the design on the back side will be the same as the front, the only thing that'll change will be the information. We're getting 1,000 cards made for about $500.

Flyer:

(Front Side)

(Back Side)

....again, we felt as if though we can enhance our current flyer...this is the new design that we will be having printed.

What do you guys think? All criticism and opinions are welcomed.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 04-05-2009, 05:19 PM   #2
Certified Remodeler

Trade: Kitchen bath remodeler
Rewards Points: 2,000

Re: New Design For Business Cards And Flyers

They are beautiful and impressive.
I like blank on the back so you can write something down, but you guys have a different approach so with that I think they are very nice.

Advertisement

Old 04-05-2009, 05:21 PM   #3
Sean

Trade: Principal / Owner
Rewards Points: 176

No color? The only worrying part about your cards is the readability (white text on black)

Website address = generalcontractorinmiami or GeneralContractorInMiami (which is easier to read)

2nd photo - doesn't seem to show off your work - it seams to show off the doctors equipment (is this how you fix their vision?)

That's the only gotchas I see at the moment - but still very nice
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2009, 05:25 PM   #4
Custom Stuff

Trade: General Contractor - Custom Renovations
Rewards Points: 500

Cards are not bad. I really like the flier. Good job.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:34 PM   #5

....thanks for the input.

SLS, the business cards are actually very legible. I guess it's because the JPEG I posted, the lettering seem to be small and a bit blurred, which won't be the case once they're printed. As for the second picture on the back, it looks as if though we're advertising medical equipment (I agree with you on that end), but this room wasn't all that big to begin with and since we also due many remodelings for medical offices we'd figure this was a very good picture to reflect that.

BTW, if any of you are in the market to have anything done for your marketing needs and don't know who you should contact to assist you, you should look into www.wazzupdesigninc.com. They're a professional graphic design company that can help you with anything on that end and can also design your website, or even design t-shirts/shirts, company vehicle display for your company.

They basically came up with the design concept on their own and all I did was put some input from that point forward.

Last edited by CF Construction; 04-08-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:58 PM   #6
Pro

Trade: seamless gutters

Quote:
Originally Posted by CF Construction View Post
....thanks for the input.

SLS, the business cards are actually very legible. I guess it's because the JPEG I posted, the lettering seem to be small and a bit blurred, which won't be the case once they're printed. As for the second picture on the back, it looks as if though we're advertising medical equipment (I agree with you on that end), but this room wasn't all that big to begin with and since we also due many remodelings for medical offices we'd figure this was a very good picture to reflect that.

BTW, if any of you are in the market to have anything done for your marketing needs and don't know who you should contact to assist you, you should look into wazzupdesigninc.com. They're a professional graphic design company that can help you with anything on that end and can also design your website, or even design t-shirts/shirts, company vehicle display for your company.

They basically came up with the design concept on their own and all I did was put some input from that point forward.
Could be just me but they may want to reconsider their name wazzup dosent sound very professional. But looks like good work
Old 04-05-2009, 06:00 PM   #7
Pro

Trade: Bathroom Remodeling

You look like you have serviced a good high quality customer base, the work looks great and your presentation is very classy... that is until you get to the pattended handyman motto "call us today for a free estimate" (complete with the required exclamation point). Whether you do them free or not, I'd lose it. The customer base hiring you to do that work you are showing shouldn't be concerned with that. Everything looks great until you get to that.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:04 PM   #8

Mike, I was actually thinking the same thing. To me it looks a bit cheesy.

NL- the reason as to why they chose that name is because 1. the owner of the company is 22 years old and 2. they're main goal at the moment was to become an urban fashion designer, but their focus shifted towards actual graphic designing.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:09 PM   #9
Professional Instigator

Trade: Design Build Remodeling Contractor DC MD

Quote:

NL- the reason as to why they chose that name is because 1. the owner of the company is 22 years old and 2. they're main goal at the moment was to become an urban fashion designer, but their focus shifted towards actual graphic designing.
Tell them to get a new DBA name for the Graphic design company. Everything looks good. Mike is right on the free estimate it does not suit your company. Everything else looks good

Last edited by rbsremodeling; 04-05-2009 at 06:11 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:10 PM   #10
Pro

Trade: seamless gutters

Quote:

Well im not much older than that myself and know the difference. Their stuff is nice but looks like you are the only construction company they have done.

It might be a good idea to use someone that is not the familiar with contracting. They gave you a real nice professional modern look.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:02 PM   #11
Certified Crazy!

Trade: Insurance Restoration Roofing
Rewards Points: 250

You have a nice look going with your cards and flier. The first thing I did was visit your site.

I am not against intro's and I think they can help set a mood for your visitor, however; the animation is really cheesy when compared to the image your flier and actual site content provides.

Upon entering your site I noticed you had another flash animation in the top left corner, I would be using that or a variation thereof for your intro.

Just my thoughts,

Cheers
Old 04-06-2009, 07:22 AM   #12
Proprietor

Trade: TILE!
Rewards Points: 1,060

I think the design is ok. I never saw a flyer that the designer had to advertise their website on the side. Maybe they gave you a discount for that.
The text in the flyer isn't going to be reader friendly. I'm having a tough time looking at it now. It needs more kerning.
Matter of fact, the only thing worth printing from that paragraph is the motto: "Value is our commitment"
And above that motto I would put a couple pictures.

Do a test print of this flyer and hand it to a couple people. Watch how fast they flip from front to back and see how much more time spent on the back and how little time spent on the front.
Which leads me to my next point. There's no call to action where the action is. The action is all in the back, where the pictures are.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:55 AM   #13

Rewards Points: 10

Great cards, perfectly legible and a classy design. Only a one criticism on the flyer, the bullet points may look better if they are aligned with the rest of the copy. Other than that faultless. Our marketing company is great also (UK Based) stretchymarketing[dot]com.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:42 AM   #14

Matt, I appreciate the critique, but what do you mean by a "call of action"?

The text on the paragraph is being layered many times as we speak to make it bolder, this way it's more legible than what it currently is.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:55 AM   #15

BTW, as far as having the "Designed By" section on the flyer was simple; we're trying to help them get their name out there since they've done an excellent job with all of our marketing material, and our website. The service that has been given is nothing short of spectacular. Plus, it's a young company, so it'll be a good way for them to receive some sort of exposure (and hopefully many more clients). Also, because they have a nice little "referral program" where if you bring in any additional business to them, you get discounted prices for future things you may need from them.

Last edited by CF Construction; 04-07-2009 at 08:58 AM.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:30 AM   #16
Proprietor

Trade: TILE!
Rewards Points: 1,060

The design is rather simple. You could have designed it in Microsfot Word really.
Not that simple is a bad thing.
Here's a great simple flyer layout: http://www.stocklayouts.com/Template...GB0640101.aspx

For your flyer I would have given more credit to the person who took the pictures.

I think a better campaign would be glossy postcards that look like 3x5 photographs of the work you did
and you can smartly display your slogan over the image.
Then have a call to action on back

Call to Action = a marketing message that directs visitors to act in some specific manner such as requesting a brochure.
www.headland.co.uk/pages/glossary

With postcards you can have several different ones, all with different pictures and different statements.
Repetition is key in marketing. That helps with "branding".
There's not much you can do with flyers aside from sitting them on your receptionist desk.

Last edited by MattCoops; 04-06-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:48 PM   #17

Not digging the samples of those flyers at all, but I can see what may attract people to them
Old 04-07-2009, 05:31 PM   #18
Pro

Trade: Custom deck builder
Rewards Points: 1,533

$500 for 1,000 cards... I would not pay that. Transparent cards are cool but not that cool. I could get 1,000 cards for <$20 color both sides on 14PT. For all my printing I use gotprint.com
Old 04-07-2009, 05:46 PM   #19

The reason for this is because of the material it's being printed on. We're printing on a 35mm frosted card. We don't mind paying the money, if it means getting something with high quality and something that's distinctive.

Either way, we're very happy with the choice of material we'll be using for the new business cards
Old 04-07-2009, 05:55 PM   #20
Professional Instigator

Trade: Design Build Remodeling Contractor DC MD

Quote:
The reason for this is because of the material it's being printed on. We're printing on a 35mm frosted card. We don't mind paying the money, if it means getting something with high quality and something that's distinctive.

Either way, we're very happy with the choice of material we'll be using for the new business cards

I ordered some myself the other day I think they about the same price

Advertisement