Marketing Materials - Marketing & Sales - Contractor Talk

Marketing Materials

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2019, 11:46 PM   #1
Pro
 
Stunt Carpenter's Avatar
 
Trade: Carpentry
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Airdrie
Posts: 1,499
Rewards Points: 1,782

Marketing Materials


Hey Guy,

Iím have been pushing brand recognition this last year with good results. It started with always wearing my logo when doing any work and then I did some advertising on shopping carts at one of the grocery stores in town.

Itís been working really well and I want to keep the momentum going and also make my contact talk more professional.

I thought it would be a good idea to get some presentation folders made with my logo and information on them to give to each customer with there contract.

I was also consider getting some rubber key tags made to use on all the keys homeowners give me for access. They would fit in a standard lock box and have the added benefit of trades not having a loose key to use.

Wanted to see if everyone though that those would be good ideas. They both come it an $2 per so $4 a job if I use both. Not a lot to spend but I donít want to get something that is going to end up in the trash.

Thanks
__________________
https://builddaley.com/
Stunt Carpenter is online now  

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

   

Advertisement

 

Old 08-02-2019, 08:14 PM   #2
Pro
 
Stunt Carpenter's Avatar
 
Trade: Carpentry
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Airdrie
Posts: 1,499
Rewards Points: 1,782

Re: Marketing Materials


No one??

Advertisement

__________________
https://builddaley.com/
Stunt Carpenter is online now  
Old 08-02-2019, 08:31 PM   #3
Pro
 
carlsore's Avatar
 
Trade: Internet Marketer
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Qualicum Beach BC
Posts: 520
Rewards Points: 570

Re: Marketing Materials


Who is your ideal customer? What's their income? What do they do for fun? What are the most important things they want to fix with their home?

I'd be investing my marketing dollars into a great website first. Your current website is selling tickets to a band called Unicorn Tears, lol... If I was a customer, you completely lost me there.

Keytags, and other promotional knick knacks are hope marketing... You hope it works. The Interwebs is where customers are actively looking for a contractors services, if they don't find you, they find your competition.

Good Luck!

Carl
__________________
Website development and digital marketing education for construction and trades contractors.
carlsore is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to carlsore For This Useful Post:
Dirtywhiteboy (08-02-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-02-2019, 08:44 PM   #4
Fire up the BBQ
 
griz's Avatar
 
Trade: GC
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 21,856
Rewards Points: 2,574

Re: Marketing Materials


sponsor a men's, women's or coed softball team.

was a lot of fun...and gave me a good size list of potential employees.

sponsor kids softball, t-ball, soccer teams.

get involved with service groups, elks, chamber of commerce, etc, and participate in bbq's etc....

it is a very good way to meet influential people.

get out and talk to other contractors. you may see them as your competition but other options have worked out well...

volunteer a little at the senior center. minor repairs, install deadbolts etc. small investment in time that can reap great rewards...

presentation folders are a great idea.

stationary/letterheads to print letters, sow etc...

t-shirts & hats are a good move also...

join your local builders exchange/plan room...

neighborhood/block party/bbq...i did a lot of this, for fun, didn't care about getting work out of it...

just get out and meet people without making it a sales presentation...

good luck...
__________________
SOME JOBS JUST AREN'T WORTH DOING:
griz is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to griz For This Useful Post:
Rio (08-03-2019)
Old 08-02-2019, 10:30 PM   #5
GC/carpenter
 
Calidecks's Avatar
 
Trade: Decking, Railing, Carpenter/General Contractor
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anaheim Hills, California (OC)
Posts: 36,906
Rewards Points: 19,714

Re: Marketing Materials


I find my best business move has been networking with others. Especially other deck builders. My position has always been, 'there's plenty of work for all of us'. A couple of my good friends, I met at a Trex Platinum summit. It's the main reason I go to them. Catch up on info. They are (imo) some of the best deck builders in the country.


Mike.
_______________
Calidecks is online now  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calidecks For This Useful Post:
hdavis (08-02-2019), Rio (08-03-2019)
Old 08-02-2019, 11:58 PM   #6
Pro
 
Stunt Carpenter's Avatar
 
Trade: Carpentry
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Airdrie
Posts: 1,499
Rewards Points: 1,782

Re: Marketing Materials


Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsore View Post
Who is your ideal customer? What's their income? What do they do for fun? What are the most important things they want to fix with their home?



I'd be investing my marketing dollars into a great website first. Your current website is selling tickets to a band called Unicorn Tears, lol... If I was a customer, you completely lost me there.



Keytags, and other promotional knick knacks are hope marketing... You hope it works. The Interwebs is where customers are actively looking for a contractors services, if they don't find you, they find your competition.



Good Luck!



Carl


Apparently when you update your signature on tapa talk it doesnít make a difference. Iíve had a real website for a few years that that brings in a lot of business for me. About 80%.

My idea customer is mid thirties early forties with kids. Mid to higher income and have realized that trying to renovate there house on there own is a bed idea

My website is builddaley.com
__________________
https://builddaley.com/
Stunt Carpenter is online now  
Old 08-03-2019, 12:02 AM   #7
Pro
 
Stunt Carpenter's Avatar
 
Trade: Carpentry
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Airdrie
Posts: 1,499
Rewards Points: 1,782

Re: Marketing Materials


Quote:
Originally Posted by griz View Post
sponsor a men's, women's or coed softball team.



was a lot of fun...and gave me a good size list of potential employees.



sponsor kids softball, t-ball, soccer teams.



get involved with service groups, elks, chamber of commerce, etc, and participate in bbq's etc....



it is a very good way to meet influential people.



get out and talk to other contractors. you may see them as your competition but other options have worked out well...



volunteer a little at the senior center. minor repairs, install deadbolts etc. small investment in time that can reap great rewards...



presentation folders are a great idea.



stationary/letterheads to print letters, sow etc...



t-shirts & hats are a good move also...



join your local builders exchange/plan room...



neighborhood/block party/bbq...i did a lot of this, for fun, didn't care about getting work out of it...



just get out and meet people without making it a sales presentation...



good luck...


Not much sponsorship sports around here that the big oil and gas companies havenít takes away.

I am very big in being friendly with the composition. It has served me well and I am constantly giving out other people names for projects that either I donít have the time for or I am not interested in.
__________________
https://builddaley.com/
Stunt Carpenter is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to Stunt Carpenter For This Useful Post:
griz (08-03-2019)
Old 08-03-2019, 04:55 AM   #8
Pro
 
KAP's Avatar
 
Trade: Custom
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,197
Rewards Points: 34,658

Re: Marketing Materials


Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunt Carpenter View Post
Hey Guy,

Iím have been pushing brand recognition this last year with good results. It started with always wearing my logo when doing any work and then I did some advertising on shopping carts at one of the grocery stores in town.

Itís been working really well and I want to keep the momentum going and also make my contact talk more professional.

I thought it would be a good idea to get some presentation folders made with my logo and information on them to give to each customer with there contract.

I was also consider getting some rubber key tags made to use on all the keys homeowners give me for access. They would fit in a standard lock box and have the added benefit of trades not having a loose key to use.

Wanted to see if everyone though that those would be good ideas. They both come it an $2 per so $4 a job if I use both. Not a lot to spend but I donít want to get something that is going to end up in the trash.

Thanks
That's not something you control... things have different value to different people, but keep in mind before it even ends up in the trash, it's already done the job you're after... putting your name in front of them...

Just be careful not to get too caught up the gimmicks... starts to associate you with certain types of businesses that you may not necessarily want your name associated with...
KAP is offline  
Old 08-03-2019, 08:10 AM   #9
Capra aegagrus

 
Tinstaafl's Avatar
 
Trade: Remodeler
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Central Pennsylvania
Posts: 23,203
Rewards Points: 1,439

Re: Marketing Materials


Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunt Carpenter View Post
Apparently when you update your signature on tapa talk it doesnít make a difference.

...

My website is builddaley.com
Fixed it for you.

Advertisement

Tinstaafl is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Tinstaafl For This Useful Post:
Stunt Carpenter (08-03-2019)



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join Now... It's Fast and FREE!

I am a professional contractor
I am a DIY Homeowner
Drywall Talk is for
PROFESSIONAL CONTRACTORS ONLY!

At DrywallTalk.com we cater exlusivly to professional contractors who make their living as a contractor. Knowing that many homeowners and DIYers are looking for a community to call home, we've created www.DIYChatroom.com DIY Chatroom is full of helpful advices and perfect for DIY homeowners.

Redirecing in 10 seconds
No Thanks
terms of service

Already Have an Account?