Marketing For Foundation Repair - Marketing & Sales - Contractor Talk

Marketing For Foundation Repair

Old 01-13-2017, 12:52 PM   #1

Trade: Foundation Repair
Rewards Points: 4

Marketing For Foundation Repair

I'm new here and wanted to reach out and ask a few questions. For years we have had great success just buying leads from home advisor but would like to build a presence of "my own" so that people know that they are calling or getting in touch with Mr. Foundation Engineer.

We had an "SEO" guy doing some work for us but I have not been very pleased with the results up to this point. I'm currently adding new content to my site (http://nocrackfoundation.com) and will soon be changing to a new wordpress theme to help those that do find our site to call in or submit the quote form.

Really my purpose of this thread is to say hi, 2nd, to ask what kind of stuff guys that are in my industry are doing to create a brand that is creating consistent leads each and every week.

I'll continue to read other posts and threads so we can knock this thing out of the park.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 01-14-2017, 03:52 PM   #2

Trade: Technology
Rewards Points: 2

Re: Marketing For Foundation Repair

Hey MrEngineer! I checked out your website. You have a lot of great content and it's mobile friendly so you're off to a great start.

If I were you, I would try to show up higher in the Google rankings when a visitor searches for a keyword such as little rock foundation repair. You have three reviews, I think if you got a couple more + added more citations (50+) for you company that would really help you jump up in the rankings.

After that I would say look into Facebook leads or a direct mail campaign. You can drive leads for very cheap using Facebook ads!

Sean

Advertisement

Old 01-14-2017, 10:41 PM   #3

Trade: Foundation Repair
Rewards Points: 4

Thanks Sean for the pointers.

Old 01-15-2017, 09:43 AM   #4
Pro

Trade: Masonry
Rewards Points: 6,438

From time to time ill prop up a house and take down a block wall and re-do it with grouted cells and steel. Its not something I purposely chase much, but I did have some decent responses from photos explaining why foundations were bulging, and showing in process photo's on the fixing, which in my case is usually bringing them down.

If you do epoxy injections, epoxing carbon fiber straps ect, people can relate to common sense solutions.

You should google citation audit, I forget what one people were using, I think the company MOZ bought has a decent one.

You have competing pages for foundation repair as well. Since your company is foundation repair it would make sense that you want that KW for your home page, but then you have a link for foundation repair to another page, essentially telling the SE's that you want your inner page to be the one that shows up, I dunno if that works well like that.

Write blog content and direct links to the appropriate pages. If your an engineer you would understand easily what "siloing" is for seo. Apply that to your blog.
Old 01-15-2017, 02:30 PM   #5

Trade: foundation repair
Rewards Points: 20

Get in good with some local insurance agencies and they will keep you pretty busy with referrals. How deep do y'all go up there? Texarkana area here and we are averaging 20-30 feet.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:00 PM   #6

Trade: Cabinetry and Remodeling
Rewards Points: 50

duplicate post

Last edited by savman; 01-19-2017 at 04:26 PM. Reason: duplicate post
Old 01-19-2017, 04:22 PM   #7

I did a search from Little Rock, AR for 'foundation repair contractor'.

You did not come up in the Map Pack.

That should be priority #1.

This is a niche trade in a second/third tier market, so there is no excuse for not claiming a spot in the map pack.

You should build a dedicated landing page for each location. i.e. you have Little Rock in your Title and H1 tags but name and phone for other cities on page. That is a bad signal for the Google bot, and likely harming your local SEO.

Based on other mistakes and the fact you aren't in the map pack I'm guessing you have citation problems as others have mentioned.

Lastly, and this is relatively minor compared to the above, but an unforced error nonetheless; your blurb at the bottom about the price of repair should a.) be it's own blog post or a series of posts and b.) be waaaay more fleshed out.

If I do come across your homepage when I Google 'how much does a foundation repair cost in Little Rock':
  1. It's not immediately obvious you have answered my question
  2. Even if I make it below the fold you have put in pretty much the least possible effort in satisfying my intent.
  3. Related to #1 There's a good chance I am going to pogo stick;
    and if I don't I'm definitely not spending much time on page - see #2; both are negative SEO signals.

If you want to get a brief idea of what to blog about see my other post in the forum.

Last edited by savman; 01-19-2017 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:28 PM   #8
Pro

Trade: Home Beautification
Rewards Points: 346

After the recommendations above...

If it were me I would pick an older neighborhood that might need work and send canvassers knocking on doors handing out fliers and offering free inspections. Especially if you are doing a house in a neighborhood it is a good time to canvass the neighborhood.

Always, always ask the home owner for referrals, and leave business cards. Also ask for online reviews and likes on Facebook. Posting well thought out articles where one might go to read about foundation repairs would also help get your name out there. (That is why my insurance agent has my business.)

This business does a nice job with online marketing through helping others. Not everyone can do the repairs but they can read about them. Offering clear photos and a lot of write ups, and they even have a forum. http://www.bayarearetrofit.com/
Old 01-19-2017, 04:35 PM   #9

Just for kicks I did query how much does a foundation repair cost in Little Rock from Little Rock.
  • You aren't in the map pack
  • There is a competitor whose title satisfies my intent as the top result
  • Nothing else on page 1 answers the question, meaning it's wide open to rank for
  • You are second or third result on page 2

And your competitors page leaves much to be desired....in fact it doesn't answer my question at all!

It asks the question, but doesn't answer it.

Last edited by savman; 01-19-2017 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:44 PM   #10

And a quick check of Google Page Insights did not bode well either:

GTMetrix has your load speed as 3.1 seconds. I've seen worse, but frankly considering there isn't much on your page to begin with, it doesn't bode well for when you begin to flesh out your site.

You can read about the importance of page load speed here.

As you can see I'm just full of good news!!

Advertisement

Last edited by savman; 01-19-2017 at 04:49 PM.