Marketing Companies - Marketing & Sales - Contractor Talk

Marketing Companies

Old 12-12-2018, 05:45 PM   #1

Trade: Custom Cabinets
Rewards Points: 6

Marketing Companies

Does anyone work with a marketing company to help grow their business? I have been looking into outsourcing some functions to see if we can get more kitchen remodel jobs.

Last edited by Tinstaafl; 12-12-2018 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Remove link

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 01-02-2019, 09:50 PM   #2

Trade: Decks and Fences
Rewards Points: 14

Re: Marketing Companies

I have been looking in to hiring an SEO company to help with my deck contractor website.

Advertisement

Last edited by Tinstaafl; 01-02-2019 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Remove link
Old 01-05-2019, 10:41 AM   #3
MyOnlineToolbox cofounder

Trade: contractor marketing, website education & strategy
Rewards Points: 3,338

Out of curiosity, who are you both already using? The sites seems very similar from the technology and the contact forms. I am assuming this is a stealth campaign to introduce another provider in a follow up post. Not a big deal but my suggestion is to make a lot of improvements before introducing them as your newly found go-to-people. Or at a minimum, double check the contact forms to ensure they are working, or perhaps my communications were halted by your person too, since I never heard back. Good luck and will await to see who else has joined our field.
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2019, 04:09 PM   #4

Trade: HandyMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdecker26 View Post
I have been looking in to hiring an SEO company to help with my deck contractor website.
When putting your company name into google your website does not pop up to the top of the search engine list. The best choice would be to find a website provider that boost domain names.( Stick to smaller owned companies) This would allow you to rank better on search engines like google. Boosting a site takes time and its best to find the best provider that can offer such services.

Hope that helps
Old 01-11-2019, 11:38 PM   #5
Pro

Rewards Points: 5,230

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspataro2010 View Post
When putting your company name into google your website does not pop up to the top of the search engine list. The best choice would be to find a website provider that boost domain names.( Stick to smaller owned companies) This would allow you to rank better on search engines like google. Boosting a site takes time and its best to find the best provider that can offer such services.

Hope that helps

Maybe you could talk to the robocallers that constantly call me.

ďDo not hang up. This is an important message concerning your Google account. . . ď

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2019, 11:44 PM   #6

Trade: Remodeling

Most marketing companies will promise the world but will deliver 0 results. Doesn’t matter how legit they look or confident they sound. It’s extremely rare to find one that actually produces.
Old 01-16-2019, 03:27 PM   #7
MyOnlineToolbox cofounder

Trade: contractor marketing, website education & strategy
Rewards Points: 3,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Robert View Post
Most marketing companies will promise the world but will deliver 0 results. Doesnít matter how legit they look or confident they sound. Itís extremely rare to find one that actually produces.
Hi Kevin,
But this can be based on your approach to finding the right partner. I do agree there are some that are just pitching wild curve balls at the topic. But many do have sound foundations. The challenges many times come from the contractors themselves who just want to right a check and not assist at all.

For example, I make it easy for my clients to get Google Reviews (which is a component of local SEO optimization topics) but I can not force my clients to actually ask their customers for those reviews. So a handful just complain while the vast majority have the topic built into their day.

Another example is getting pictures from the jobs. Most either do so with their phones or get professional pictures, but some come up with so many reasons why they can never get pictures. So then the site goes dormant since it is hard to grow it without having any fresh content.

I find the ones that product have a synergistic relationship with their customers, and perhaps those marketing firms were not strong enough to reject the contractors's business in the first place.

This market is easy to product results, perhaps not the best results, but 0 results is pretty harsh unless both parties are failing to take responsibility for the portions of the process, regardless of how small.

Good luck in 2019.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:46 AM   #8

Trade: HandyMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Robert View Post
Most marketing companies will promise the world but will deliver 0 results. Doesnít matter how legit they look or confident they sound. Itís extremely rare to find one that actually produces.
The problem is Kevin, a lot of people try to get in the market and do not have a history of doing all the things that are required of a company to boost their website. You need to look for a couple of things in order to find the right marketing company.

1. For SEO ranking, you need a marketing company that has been doing it at least 5-10 years. They need to have a website that is back linked to major websites and lots of content. The reason is, the more history you have on a website, the more "legit" Google thinks that website is.

2. They should offer things like branding, and lead generation. Most companies will market facebook for you and charge you per click, like, ect. What they dont tell you is that these may be targeted to people that are not even in your market or in the need of your service. Find a company that targets your customer base and only charges you off results.

3. You should ALWAYS pick a company that offers free education and training videos. You don't want to go with a company that always makes you rely on them forever. You want one that gives you the tools to learn how to do it yourself so that over time you don't need so much of their services. Any company that leaves you helpless is only after one thing.

4. Pick a company that only focuses on your type of business. The more they know about your market the better they will be. Sometimes cutting cost to go with a company that takes on more than one market can really hurt you.

Hope that helps....
Old 02-23-2019, 10:08 PM   #9

Trade: Roofing & Siding

Quote:
Originally Posted by scc3332095 View Post
Does anyone work with a marketing company to help grow their business? I have been looking into outsourcing some functions to see if we can get more kitchen remodel jobs.
Yeah we have and it can work great. There’s a lot that goes into it and it takes time to build momentum but once you do, the upside is huge. I suggest reaching out to other leading contractors in your community that aren’t competing and ask them who they use.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:17 PM   #10
Pro

Trade: Masonry
Rewards Points: 10,826

These arnt real questions by the OP...they cant even fill out their profiles to look different, they are simply creating forum links. Probably a fiver service...

Advertisement

The Following User Says Thank You to JBM For This Useful Post:
r a s (02-26-2019)