Market Positioning And Market Profiling - Marketing & Sales - Contractor Talk

Market Positioning And Market Profiling

Old 08-05-2019, 06:28 AM   #1
Pro

Trade: carpenter
Rewards Points: 3,809

Market Positioning And Market Profiling

Market Positioning Definition
What is market position? In marketing and business strategy, market position refers to the consumer’s perception of a brand or product in relation to competing brands or products. Market positioning refers to the process of establishing the image or identity of a brand or product so that consumers perceive it in a certain way.

4. Develop a positioning strategy
Through the preceding steps, you should achieve an understanding of what your company is, how your company is different from competitors, the conditions of the marketplace, opportunities in the marketplace, and how your company can position itself.

What is a Market Profile?
A market profile is a set of attributes relating to a target population, and in business, a target group of buyers. These characteristics typically include demographic factors such as income, geographic factors such as region, and psychographic factors such as values.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you think about this. Those two are expression from business education. It look about right. Play at yours strength to advertise yourself to people who has some money. For example I give up at cabinetmaking and roofing and siding I didn't even try, giving price in it and difficulty in work. I'm good in framing that involve math and trim. Market to customers that I can see have money somewhere come from. But it can not be house flipping that money come from. At other hand experienced landlords, architects and similar is ok.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tipitop For This Useful Post:
Big Johnson (08-05-2019), hdavis (08-05-2019)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 08-05-2019, 06:39 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Market Positioning And Market Profiling

Critique your identity against competitors
Compare and contrast the differences between your own messaging strategy across all types of communication channels and those of your competitors to outline gaps and opportunities to exploit within your new messaging. Determine what you’re good at and where your weaknesses lie in contrast with the competition. It’s best to focus on your strengths and how those talents can fill gaps in the market left by competitors.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I recently learn that an guy that I worked for quit framing and work for government now. He was a excellent framer and we worked hard, a dose of us, for him. He didn't make in construction again. So there is something else in this business beside knowledge and hard work. One of my favorite theory is theory of hands. I want to see minimum hands between me and money. Second theory is that I like to see that customer has a good job and that he is NOT in construction business for profit, unless as I post above he made it and is successful in construction for decades. It seem to me navigating market is half of job and technical side is only second half. And who has employees need know deal with it to.

Advertisement

Last edited by tipitop; 08-05-2019 at 06:45 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tipitop For This Useful Post:
Big Johnson (08-05-2019)
Old 08-05-2019, 07:19 AM   #3
Pro

So it explain to me an old mystery that I scratch my head about for decades. For example I know a women that is realtor and she own 8 houses that she rent. She is stupid like a rock for technical things. Again she made it. At another hand there is that guy who is, beside be an excellent framer, USA paratrooper and did fight in Falujjah etc.. That assume he has some serious support from government etc.. He didn't make it in construction. Probably he made more in construction than me but not even close like above mentioned rock.

So from now on if you didn't make it even be very good carpenter, sheetrocker, painter etc just blame at yours market stupidity. Beside technical world of business there is market world to and it is huge.

Last edited by tipitop; 08-05-2019 at 07:30 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tipitop For This Useful Post:
Big Johnson (08-05-2019), hdavis (08-05-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2019, 07:38 AM   #4
Pro

Trade: Handyman Services
Rewards Points: 14,585

Appearing to be "stupid like rock" can be a clever strategy.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MarkJames For This Useful Post:
griz (08-05-2019), hdavis (08-05-2019), KAP (08-05-2019)
Old 08-05-2019, 10:35 AM   #5
Pro

Trade: remodeling
Rewards Points: 4,930

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJames View Post
Appearing to be "stupid like rock" can be a clever strategy.
I've seen stupid rocks get people to negotiate against themselves. Sometimes there is an art to being stupid.

Last edited by hdavis; 08-05-2019 at 12:27 PM.
Old 08-05-2019, 04:19 PM   #6
Pro

Trade: Builder/Renovator
Rewards Points: 1,218

Rocks were here long before us and will be here long after us. How stupid can they be?

Advertisement