Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

If you're not on Facebook, you should be.

271K views 2K replies 379 participants last post by  hammondbryan445 
#1 ·
If you’re not on Facebook, you should be. I just hit 500 Fans (Likes) on my Facebook business page today. I've completed several jobs for people that have become fans on my page. I also have become the go to guy for Drywall and Painting for all of my fans and they will also recommend me to their friends and families. It's a great word of mouth tool for any business. You can also post photos and vidoes of your work, which is like a portfolio for fans to see. and mark your favorite business pages in your area (hopefully they will mark your page as favorite which shows you as an expert to all of their fans). And it's All for FREE! But wait, there's more. As an added bonus, Facebook ranks highly on Google and all of the top search engines. You can mark your business page as Public, and the search engines will pick up on your content which the search engines see as keywords. Then every once in awhile throw a link to your website up and Facebook will submit all of the content from your web page to the search engines and that post will also give you a back link to you website which the search engines score highly on their website ranking list.

If you already have a business page post it up so we can fan you too.

Here's my-----> Facebook page

See less See more
#7 ·
Nice!

Mine is at www.facebook.com/WinchesterDecks.

I've got about 77 fans, only :sad:

Make it 78 fans ;)

Facebook is not for everyone, but I think the point Paul is trying to make that this is FREE ADVERTISING if done right.

You must think of Social Networking as in " Going to a party, sparking up a conversation, letting people talk about themselves, and do a subtle plug about what you do ".

#5 ·
Sorry guys, I want no part of Facebook.
I can see where you service oriented guys might see it as a benefit, sorta like the old yellow pages.

Not knocking anyone here, but looking back on my contracting days my clientele would not have contacted me via a social networking web site.

Maybe it's just the old dogs & new tricks thing.
Well, they didn't have the internet in the 1930s.:w00t:

#8 ·
Seriously though, the internet is the first place I go to find anything, and I think a major amount of people do too, or are starting to.

It's not so much about getting leads directly through facebook (although I have gotten a few), it's about getting your name out and remembered.

And the fact that google loves facebook is an added bonus for your website.

#16 ·
I think it's almost like word of mouth. You can add your friends, neighbors, family members, etc and usually their friends and family will the see the posts as well, depending on the security settings. Cool way to update people on what you're doing, pic of things you've done. I've had people recommend me to their friends and received calls for jobs from people I've never met simply because we have a mutual acquaintance. The page also shows up on Google searches for your company. It's free and beneficial. If you don't want extra exposure to potential clients, then don't use it.

#64 ·
One pitfall we learned the hardway is not to monitor your posting frequency. If you post every day, you most likely will loose fans.

That makes sense. Too much and people will begin to ignore you

So let me play devils advocate for a minute. Let's say you have a disgruntel customer or employee and he decides to trash your business on your FB page. What do you do then?

#23 ·
Just started my FB page yesterday. I'm just learning on how to set it up the slow way. Any advise on how to get more FB fans and how do you link to other FB business pages and have them link to yours?
http://www.facebook.com/T.WeberCons...s/T-Weber-Construction/103125499736922?ref=ts
Hey Tim, your FB business page is looking good. +1 "Likes" for ya.
As far as getting more Fans, keep doing what your doing. Also click on the "suggest to friends", and if they are already "Fans" send them a message on FB asking the to click on the "suggest a friend" on your page which can yield you many more fans. To add another business to your "Favorite pages" on your page. Go to any business page and in the box under their business profile pic there is a box that say's "Add to My Page's Favorites" and that will add that business's page to yours. Add if you are a fan of that business post a nice note on their wall saying that you have added them to your Favorite pages and post a link to your Fan page. All of their fans will see your nice gesture and hopefully go to your page and fan you. If you have any more questions I know several people on this thread have a lot of info to share as well.
-Paul

#30 ·
I added my lumber yard's business site to my sites favorites but I don't think it shows up on their FEED that I added them as a favorite. can anyone confirm this? I am up to about 89 people who like my page, some of them aren't my friends on FB. I am trying to figure out how to suggest my site to customers without them having to be on my personal FB page. I could send a FB link to some of them but I would think that FB would let us just search for someone who is on FB and suggest our pages to them. Seems simple but it's not, they won't allow it. you can only suggest to friends already on your personal FB page.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.