I Need Your Help Please! - Marketing & Sales - Contractor Talk

I Need Your Help Please!

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #1
Member
 
1929chrysler's Avatar
 
Trade: Plumbing
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 61
Rewards Points: 93

I Need Your Help Please!


I started a contest on Logo Arena in an attempt to find the perfect logo for my company. All of the entries are in and I'm hoping you could help me decide which one is the best. I've provided a link below. It will give you an option to make comments on Facebook. I am NOT on Facebook so please bring your votes/comments back here.

When you arrive on the page MAKE SURE YOU CLICK ON "Click Here to view all designs." If you don't you will not see all of them. Each logo will have a number assigned to it. You can refer to the number here for your vote.

I'm trying to see which design would appeal to most people in future marketing campaigns. Any comments and critiques are welcome. Thanks in advance.

http://www.logoarena.com/vote/1st-ch...lcsmyqtd8bj46h
1929chrysler is offline  

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

   

Advertisement

 

Old 03-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #2
General Contractor
 
greg24k's Avatar
 
Trade: New Home Construction-Additions-Remodeling
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,661
Rewards Points: 8,476

Re: I Need Your Help Please!


Quote:
Originally Posted by 1929chrysler View Post
I started a contest on Logo Arena in an attempt to find the perfect logo for my company. All of the entries are in and I'm hoping you could help me decide which one is the best. I've provided a link below. It will give you an option to make comments on Facebook. I am NOT on Facebook so please bring your votes/comments back here.

When you arrive on the page MAKE SURE YOU CLICK ON "Click Here to view all designs." If you don't you will not see all of them. Each logo will have a number assigned to it. You can refer to the number here for your vote.

I'm trying to see which design would appeal to most people in future marketing campaigns. Any comments and critiques are welcome. Thanks in advance.

http://www.logoarena.com/vote/1st-ch...lcsmyqtd8bj46h
To many choices and they differ very little from one another... Come up with something better, more catchy and unique, pick 3-5 logo's and call again please

Advertisement

__________________
I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!
greg24k is offline  
Old 03-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #3
Member
 
1929chrysler's Avatar
 
Trade: Plumbing
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 61
Rewards Points: 93

Re: I Need Your Help Please!


The designs that you say differ very little from each other are from the same designers only slight changes/ adjustments from their original creation. There are quite a few logo designs that are very different from each other if you look closely. Try to limit the voting to my top 10 that I ranked. Thanks.
1929chrysler is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #4
Commercial Contractor
 
Mud Master's Avatar
 
Trade: Commercial General Contractor
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 2,025
Rewards Points: 1,000

Re: I Need Your Help Please!


I really like that concept of the website.

What kind of money do these contests go for?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by katoman View Post
And when the day is done, I can look myself in the mirror, with pride, and say " you're a craftsman, well done. "
Mud Master is offline  
Old 03-04-2013, 12:33 PM   #5
Member
 
1929chrysler's Avatar
 
Trade: Plumbing
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 61
Rewards Points: 93

Re: I Need Your Help Please!


Yea, it is pretty cool. The minimum is $249 but you can put in more to try and entice more participation. Considering that some branding agencies can charge north of $1,500 for a logo design with only one designer this is quite a bargain IMHO.

The other benefit is that very talented designers from all over the world compete for the prize amount. I had about 15-20 designers submit over 100 designs. I rejected the majority of them and when you click on the see all designs link you will see an orange "Top 10" icon above each design that I like the best.

I have 7 days to pick a winner. Do you have a vote?
1929chrysler is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to 1929chrysler For This Useful Post:
Mud Master (03-04-2013)
Old 03-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #6
Pro
 
DarrenSlaughter's Avatar
 
Trade: Website Design & Social Media for Contractors
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 301
Rewards Points: 250

Re: I Need Your Help Please!


What type of look are you going for overall? If you want a professional, corporate "feel" to your business, the cartoon-ish logos are not going to do it.

Using the cartoon type logos will help with branding, but you need to do A LOT of marketing to build a brand campaign over a LONG period of time.
__________________
Darren
DarrenSlaughter is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to DarrenSlaughter For This Useful Post:
CENTERLINE MV (03-04-2013)
Old 03-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #7
Pro
 
flashheatingand's Avatar
 
Trade: H.v.a.c.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Boise, Id
Posts: 3,920
Rewards Points: 3,532

Re: I Need Your Help Please!


Not criticizing, on Darren's take. Just saying, a lot of prospects don't want a corporate outfit coming to their home. If you are a small outfit, it's not a bad thing, and a good angle to promote.

I believe, cartoons in general (barring the super heroes, or muscle bound characters) leave a friendly impression.
__________________
http://www.37flash.com/
flashheatingand is offline  
Old 03-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #8
Pro
 
flashheatingand's Avatar
 
Trade: H.v.a.c.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Boise, Id
Posts: 3,920
Rewards Points: 3,532

Re: I Need Your Help Please!


#49, or #120 are my top votes.
__________________
http://www.37flash.com/
flashheatingand is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to flashheatingand For This Useful Post:
1929chrysler (03-04-2013)
Old 03-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #9
Member
 
1929chrysler's Avatar
 
Trade: Plumbing
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 61
Rewards Points: 93

Re: I Need Your Help Please!


Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSlaughter View Post
What type of look are you going for overall? If you want a professional, corporate "feel" to your business, the cartoon-ish logos are not going to do it.

Using the cartoon type logos will help with branding, but you need to do A LOT of marketing to build a brand campaign over a LONG period of time.
I remember reading an article a long time ago about about large corporate plumbing companies who sank 10's of thousands of dollars in branding research. I don't particularly care for how these companies run their business but I can't argue with their success. Just look at three of the most successful. Mr. Rooter, Rescue Rooter and Benjamin Franklin Plumbing all have cartoon characters as part of their logo. I don't have that kind of money for market research but if it's already been done by the big boys I certainly wouldn't rule out a character in mine.

I am actually considering combining the character with another logo albeit I'd have to pay for the second design but it would at least give me the flexibility to have both a serious logo displaying my name along with the friendliness of the character.

I wanted to get all the professional opinions before I made a decision though. Thanks for responding.
1929chrysler is offline  
Old 03-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #10
The Finisher
 
lawndart's Avatar
 
Trade: Carpentry
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 1,396
Rewards Points: 668

Re: I Need Your Help Please!


My favorite is entry #117.

Looks likle you had some very talented designers participate in your contest. They all look great! Good luck!
lawndart is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to lawndart For This Useful Post:
1929chrysler (03-04-2013)
Old 03-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #11
Pro
 
DarrenSlaughter's Avatar
 
Trade: Website Design & Social Media for Contractors
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 301
Rewards Points: 250

Re: I Need Your Help Please!


Quote:
Originally Posted by 1929chrysler View Post
I remember reading an article a long time ago about about large corporate plumbing companies who sank 10's of thousands of dollars in branding research. I don't particularly care for how these companies run their business but I can't argue with their success. Just look at three of the most successful. Mr. Rooter, Rescue Rooter and Benjamin Franklin Plumbing all have cartoon characters as part of their logo. I don't have that kind of money for market research but if it's already been done by the big boys I certainly wouldn't rule out a character in mine.

I am actually considering combining the character with another logo albeit I'd have to pay for the second design but it would at least give me the flexibility to have both a serious logo displaying my name along with the friendliness of the character.

I wanted to get all the professional opinions before I made a decision though. Thanks for responding.
You're right except for the fact that they built that brand spending millions of dollars of franchisee's money on branding. And more to the point, was that it was a question to you since you have both cartoon based logos and more refined or corporate logos. What is the look you want?
__________________
Darren
DarrenSlaughter is offline  
Old 03-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #12
Pro
 
Resta's Avatar
 
Trade: Ornamental Plasterer/Restorer
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,418
Rewards Points: 1,028

Re: I Need Your Help Please!


# 96
Resta is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Resta For This Useful Post:
1929chrysler (03-04-2013)
Old 03-04-2013, 06:16 PM   #13
Joseph A. Capece
 
CENTERLINE MV's Avatar
 
Trade: Builder - General
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Martha's Vineyard, MA
Posts: 1,802
Rewards Points: 1,432

Re: I Need Your Help Please!


I voted for #17. Very professional looking. Personally, I don't think cartoon characters portray a professional image, corporate or not.
__________________
Follow us on FACEBOOK
www.centerlinebuilders.net
Martha's Vineyard General Contractors - Builders -
Commercial/Residential - Additions - Renovations
CENTERLINE MV is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to CENTERLINE MV For This Useful Post:
1929chrysler (03-04-2013)
Old 03-04-2013, 06:27 PM   #14
Remodeler
 
TAHomeRepairs's Avatar
 
Trade: Residential Contractor
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 855
Rewards Points: 574

Re: I Need Your Help Please!


I like # 68
TAHomeRepairs is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to TAHomeRepairs For This Useful Post:
1929chrysler (03-04-2013)
Old 03-04-2013, 06:33 PM   #15
Member
 
1929chrysler's Avatar
 
Trade: Plumbing
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 61
Rewards Points: 93

Re: I Need Your Help Please!


Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSlaughter View Post
You're right except for the fact that they built that brand spending millions of dollars of franchisee's money on branding. And more to the point, was that it was a question to you since you have both cartoon based logos and more refined or corporate logos. What is the look you want?
The answer to your question is which ever one is going to make my phone ring more. Here's the deal. This is a brand new venture. I will be trying to build this business from the ground up. I know in the long term the success or failure of this business is going to be the quality of service I provide along with word of mouth marketing. Until then people don't know me from Adam. So the big question is when someone visits my website or receives a promotional piece with my logo on it, what is going to hit that emotional button that is going to make them want to call me?

I'm not sure i understand your point on the character. Why are you suggesting that it would take so much time and money to establish this kind of brand? Are you saying that if that character was on my website they wouldn't call because they aren't familiar with the brand? What's the difference between promoting the character as opposed to a more serious logo?

What would be wrong with having a logo with say #117 with the character next to it?
1929chrysler is offline  
Old 03-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #16
Pro
 
iggy's Avatar
 
Trade: electric
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: usa
Posts: 190
Rewards Points: 150

Re: I Need Your Help Please!


google first choice plumbing and see what all the other companies with that name are using
iggy is offline  
Old 03-04-2013, 07:04 PM   #17
Deck Parts Retailer
 
killerdecks's Avatar
 
Trade: deck builder
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wayne Mi
Posts: 3,108
Rewards Points: 888

Re: I Need Your Help Please!


Quote:
Originally Posted by 1929chrysler View Post
The answer to your question is which ever one is going to make my phone ring more. Here's the deal. This is a brand new venture. I will be trying to build this business from the ground up. I know in the long term the success or failure of this business is going to be the quality of service I provide along with word of mouth marketing. Until then people don't know me from Adam. So the big question is when someone visits my website or receives a promotional piece with my logo on it, what is going to hit that emotional button that is going to make them want to call me?

I'm not sure i understand your point on the character. Why are you suggesting that it would take so much time and money to establish this kind of brand? Are you saying that if that character was on my website they wouldn't call because they aren't familiar with the brand? What's the difference between promoting the character as opposed to a more serious logo?

What would be wrong with having a logo with say #117 with the character next to it?
I like, killer plumbing we get chit done
killerdecks is offline  
Old 03-04-2013, 07:16 PM   #18
New Guy
 
D & M Windows's Avatar
 
Trade: double glazing contractor
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Manchester
Posts: 20
Rewards Points: 10

Re: I Need Your Help Please!


They all look like they are trying too hard to say what you do, but none of the writing stands out enough. I would say No.3 if any, take a look at this one: www.fluid-plumbing.co.uk
__________________
Commercial Double Glazing Specialists www.dandmwindowsanddoors.co.uk
================================================== ==============
Double Glazing Manchester | Curtain Walling Contractors | Window Replacement Manchester
D & M Windows is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to D & M Windows For This Useful Post:
1929chrysler (03-04-2013)
Old 03-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #19
Joseph A. Capece
 
CENTERLINE MV's Avatar
 
Trade: Builder - General
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Martha's Vineyard, MA
Posts: 1,802
Rewards Points: 1,432

Re: I Need Your Help Please!


Quote:
Originally Posted by D & M Windows View Post
I would say No.3 if any, take a look at this one: www.fluid-plumbing.co.uk
seriously? The designer didn't even spell "choice" properly
__________________
Follow us on FACEBOOK
www.centerlinebuilders.net
Martha's Vineyard General Contractors - Builders -
Commercial/Residential - Additions - Renovations
CENTERLINE MV is offline  
Old 03-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #20
Commercial Contractor
 
Mud Master's Avatar
 
Trade: Commercial General Contractor
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 2,025
Rewards Points: 1,000

Re: I Need Your Help Please!


I like entry #17 if I had to choose one.

Advertisement

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by katoman View Post
And when the day is done, I can look myself in the mirror, with pride, and say " you're a craftsman, well done. "
Mud Master is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Mud Master For This Useful Post:
1929chrysler (03-04-2013)


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join Now... It's Fast and FREE!

I am a professional contractor
I am a DIY Homeowner
Drywall Talk is for
PROFESSIONAL CONTRACTORS ONLY!

At DrywallTalk.com we cater exlusivly to professional contractors who make their living as a contractor. Knowing that many homeowners and DIYers are looking for a community to call home, we've created www.DIYChatroom.com DIY Chatroom is full of helpful advices and perfect for DIY homeowners.

Redirecing in 10 seconds
No Thanks
terms of service

Already Have an Account?