I Got My First Lead From My Website! Forget ALL Lead Gen Companies - Marketing & Sales - Contractor Talk

I Got My First Lead From My Website! Forget ALL Lead Gen Companies

Old 01-24-2015, 10:56 AM   #1
Design Builder

Trade: Design Builder
Rewards Points: 86

I Got My First Lead From My Website! Forget ALL Lead Gen Companies

I noticed a reference from TNTServices in the thread for What's The Best Method Of Lead Generation, and some others so I tried the MyOnlineToolbox website marketing education service and I just had to come here to tell you it worked much better than I ever anticipated, or even was indicated by the marketing company.
I have had my website for about 2 years and never had a solid lead generated from it.

I decided to give it a try for a few hundred dollars. The SEO online class is very detailed and a great start for a contractor looking to learn the basics of SEO. The class takes the time to explain concepts for maximum understanding. The ability to go back and listen to a topic helps one to effectively apply key SEO strategies so that your website is found when potential customer search for your type of construction services. We immediately began to implement many changes on our website.

I took the class and literally just got started with making updates to my website and could not believe that we got our first website lead today. It can be upwards of a six figure opportunity and we know it was from the changes I am making since the website never generated leads.

I have spent so much more money and time with other online opportunities than I care to admit here. I have seen all the complaints about Lead Generation companies and decided to start 2015 with a new tactic, and it has already begun to show results.

I will be more than happy to explain to any other contractors how easy it is to learn this stuff and make the changes that impact getting leads. Just ask me here for specific examples or even look at my website since it is really not that advanced at all, but was definitely lacking in too many areas for the Search Engines to point a consumer to it.

I am suggesting to check out the MyOnlneToolbox Education class for getting more quality leads since it has been something that I could not accomplish without being put in the right direction.

Hope this helps some of you who have felt website lead generation is hard – it is not.

Thanks again TNT for mentioning it since I can see you are rather active blogger and it just helped push me into the decision.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1designbuilder For This Useful Post:
Creter (01-26-2015), HomeRunInstall (05-28-2015), spinsy (02-17-2015)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 01-24-2015, 02:23 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Masonry
Rewards Points: 10,850

Re: I Got My First Lead From My Website! Forget ALL Lead Gen Companies

Thats great!

Advertisement

Old 01-24-2015, 03:41 PM   #3
Every now and then poster

Trade: Home Remodeling Professional
Rewards Points: 3,544

Wait, Rob is pushing seo now?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ohiohomedoctor For This Useful Post:
dprimc (06-15-2015), Roofcheck (01-24-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2015, 03:51 PM   #4
Pro

Trade: Everything Exterior, Mostly Roofing.
Rewards Points: 2,786

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiohomedoctor View Post
Yes. Seems he opened his eyes.
Old 01-24-2015, 03:54 PM   #5
Every now and then poster

Trade: Home Remodeling Professional
Rewards Points: 3,544

Well I suppose Ill start advocating against it then just to keep things balanced.

He still in love with ha sm?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ohiohomedoctor For This Useful Post:
dprimc (06-15-2015), LeeFowler (01-25-2015)
Old 01-24-2015, 05:37 PM   #6
Pro

Trade: Painting
Rewards Points: 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1designbuilder View Post
I noticed a reference from TNTServices in the thread for What's The Best Method Of Lead Generation, and some others so I tried the MyOnlineToolbox website marketing education service and I just had to come here to tell you it worked much better than I ever anticipated, or even was indicated by the marketing company.
I have had my website for about 2 years and never had a solid lead generated from it.

I decided to give it a try for a few hundred dollars. The SEO online class is very detailed and a great start for a contractor looking to learn the basics of SEO. The class takes the time to explain concepts for maximum understanding. The ability to go back and listen to a topic helps one to effectively apply key SEO strategies so that your website is found when potential customer search for your type of construction services. We immediately began to implement many changes on our website.

I took the class and literally just got started with making updates to my website and could not believe that we got our first website lead today. It can be upwards of a six figure opportunity and we know it was from the changes I am making since the website never generated leads.

I have spent so much more money and time with other online opportunities than I care to admit here. I have seen all the complaints about Lead Generation companies and decided to start 2015 with a new tactic, and it has already begun to show results.

I will be more than happy to explain to any other contractors how easy it is to learn this stuff and make the changes that impact getting leads. Just ask me here for specific examples or even look at my website since it is really not that advanced at all, but was definitely lacking in too many areas for the Search Engines to point a consumer to it.

I am suggesting to check out the MyOnlneToolbox Education class for getting more quality leads since it has been something that I could not accomplish without being put in the right direction.

Hope this helps some of you who have felt website lead generation is hard – it is not.

Thanks again TNT for mentioning it since I can see you are rather active blogger and it just helped push me into the decision.
good for you. what specifically does it offer you that you find usefull?
Old 01-24-2015, 06:19 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Wait till he looses a keyword lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to JBM For This Useful Post:
dprimc (06-15-2015)
Old 01-24-2015, 07:24 PM   #8
Hair Splitter

Trade: General
Rewards Points: 1,244

Quote:
None of you yahoos could explain it as simple and easy MyOnlineToolBox.

I have always said that I just don't want to waste a bunch of time chasing the SEO tail. Brian has made some pretty awesome video classes anyone can take and understand. It's nothing advanced, and most of it hasn't, and won't change much in the next several years, so yeah, I can get behind that.

I am going to take the advanced course as soon as it comes out. It's going to cover videos and other interesting subjects that can help boost SEO without having to chase one's tail.
Originally Posted by CarpenterSFO View Post
You ask for your money frequently, and you collect it quickly, else you stop working immediately.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:26 PM   #9
Hair Splitter

Quote:
Well I suppose Ill start advocating against it then just to keep things balanced.

He still in love with ha sm?
I was never in love with them. I always said that I didn't think that they were for everyone or for every season of one's business. I still think that they have a place, as long as you know what you are getting into and read what you are agreeing to.

That is also covered in the basic SEO course at MyOnlineToolBox, reading the fine print.
You ask for your money frequently, and you collect it quickly, else you stop working immediately.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:30 PM   #10
Hair Splitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBM View Post
Wait till he looses a keyword lol.
I am not a keyword kinda guy, yet. And I have said before, I don't want to sit at the computer for hours trying to adjust all the details to gain a rank. I haven't done bad with the limited changes I have made, but Brian showed me how I could do much better with some more changes that once made, don't have to be adjusted any further.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:06 PM   #11
Pro

No worries lol
Old 01-26-2015, 02:00 PM   #12
Pro

Trade: Painting
Rewards Points: 133

What is the cost for the course?
Old 01-26-2015, 02:19 PM   #13
Pro

Trade: Remodeling Contractor
Rewards Points: 1,966

Want to say thank you to TNT for recommending this and to the OP for starting the thread
Old 01-26-2015, 03:55 PM   #14
Design Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividpainting View Post
good for you. what specifically does it offer you that you find usefull?
The most useful things about the class is that it targets contractors and the material is organized in a straight forward way. I have come to the ContractorTalk forum and see so many posts that say “Review my website” and then people offer so many different opinions in so many directions. My instinct is most of the contractors get overwhelmed with suggestions and either do not implement any of them, or they do not implement them in a strategic way.

The producer of the MyOnlineToolbox class explains it different ways. The one way that stuck out was an analogy to an iceberg and the Titanic. He said “Just imagine if a small 9 volt battery was blinking on that night the Titanic was in the ocean. That little light would have been seen for miles and the Titanic would have avoided the iceberg. And in this case, your website needs to be seen by Search Engines and hit straight on”. He explained just like an iceberg, there are key things that are rather visible for search and then there are many things under the surface that help too, especially when the basics are understood in a simplistic and logical manner.

I guess the hard part for us contractors is deciding where to start and ensuring we are not overwhelmed, and that is what the class does well. It is very well organized to a point where you can see a lot of contractors must have participated to make it so targeted to the industry.

Here is an example that I don’t think will get me in trouble for spilling the beans. Most people will say you need pictures on your website so many of us load up on our home page, gallery page etc. I know I did this by mistake. The picture itself is what is seen above the surface for an iceberg. However there are three specific issues relating to how pictures are loaded onto a website that effect Search Engine Optimization. I hate to admit it, but once you understand the strategy, you then realize how just about any work you do can easily support your website marketing for leads.

The class offers you a quick self assessment, then a summary cheat sheet as a reminder so going forward you can just refresh your thoughts.

Hope this helps you give it a try. Would enjoy knowing others can get their sites out there too.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1designbuilder For This Useful Post:
TNTRenovate (01-26-2015)
Old 01-26-2015, 03:59 PM   #15
Design Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividpainting View Post
What is the cost for the course?
There is cost of about $300 for a crash course in SEO then there is a quarterly option for coaching for a couple hundred dollars a quarter. Well worth it I think.
TNTRenovate (01-26-2015)
Old 02-03-2015, 03:46 PM   #16
Here to Help

Trade: Commerce Consultant
Rewards Points: 182

The SEO and marketing landscape changes so much that it's hard to become an expert in, especially for people with businesses to run. If you're taking on marketing internally, use credible resources like Search Engine Land to keep a pulse on changes that could affect you. Moz is good too.

Remember though, Google and it's dynamic algorithm are not the only search engines AND there are multiple media platforms that could be great lead sources for your business. Hint: Mobile Apps

http://searchengineland.com/library/...orithm-updates
The Following User Says Thank You to GCmedia For This Useful Post:
aaronmckeehan (12-15-2015)
Old 02-03-2015, 04:19 PM   #17
Design Builder

I don’t think any contractor really needs to become an expert so long as they learn the basics. And running the business should include being aware of the marketing opportunities while a contractor is in the field doing work. From my experience, I have learned just enough to have my website found – and that is all I care about.

The best thing about being a contractor is that we all have the opportunity to have unique content, be it with before-after pictures, testimonials, video and some other strategies based on using the jobs we work on. So while SEO is important and changing, it is clear that Google and the other engines still want unique content at the core. All those tools are great in addition to learning the basics through the contractor specific education class I took, but the contractor just needs to embrace the fact that none of this stuff is that hard to learn in order to be found.
spinsy (02-21-2015)
Old 02-03-2015, 04:21 PM   #18
Hair Splitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCmedia View Post
The SEO and marketing landscape changes so much that it's hard to become an expert in, especially for people with businesses to run. If you're taking on marketing internally, use credible resources like Search Engine Land to keep a pulse on changes that could affect you. Moz is good too.

Remember though, Google and it's dynamic algorithm are not the only search engines AND there are multiple media platforms that could be great lead sources for your business. Hint: Mobile Apps

http://searchengineland.com/library/...orithm-updates
But the basics remain the same. it would be too cumbersome to change the basic rules at every corner.

Title tags, internal links, relevant keywords, unique relevant page names, unique content, unique photo descriptions and manes
Old 02-03-2015, 04:37 PM   #19
Here to Help

Trade: Commerce Consultant
Rewards Points: 182

Every business wants customers but not every business takes the most direct path to get that to happen. For instance:

This is a $3500 website: www.davislimousinesllc.com

It was built to get customers to BUY. But it gets no traffic.

This is the site that actually produces calls to that business: www.davislimousinellc.net

The results: Customer Calls and conversions (not clicks or impressions)

The bottom line is, don't let the trivial details of online marketing take you off your focus.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:22 PM   #20
Pro

I dont know whats worse. Us knuckle draggers who think we can build sites or "designers" who cant build a site that ranks in google.

Both have the same value.

Advertisement

The Following User Says Thank You to JBM For This Useful Post:
dprimc (06-15-2015)