Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

How to make $1,000,000 in profit over a year

5K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  arafay 
#1 ·
ok so i got in to a small to large bet with my boos he said that if i could make the company $300,000 in the first year he would give me a ridiculous large bones then if i got $700,000 the next year he would do the same then as soon as i can make him over $1,000,000 in a year he would buy me a brand new top of the line truck. so any suggestions and or help would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

#15 · (Edited)
Step 1 learn sales terminology

"Make" a million dollars in "profit" isn't gross, its "net" which is infinitely more difficult than "grossing" a million dollars in sales.

"Selling" a million dollars of business is "gross"

"Making" is "net"

Step 2 pin down specific terms

What is ridiculously large? Press for a number, percentage or specifications not some promise to get you to chase after a mirage

Step 3 With the ability to sell enough work to "net" one million dollars, as suggested, you should seriously look into accessing capital and working for yourself

With the lack of detail, misused sales terms and an obvious lack of comprehension sounds like a motivational conversation without substance, also known as B.S.

Offering empty promises without details spoken to an unsuspecting audience that does not question or insist on important reliable details is just silly motivational nonsense.

Get real is my best advice. As in real numbers and a pay system in writing.

#19 ·
I remember having a bonus as part of my renumeration once.
$3000.00 per month plus bonus.
Busted my a** 7 day's a week.
Three houses finished early with very few items on punch list.
Never saw a bonus of any amount or kind.
I quit.
Not haveing the terms of the bonus spelled out, and on paper is a waste of time.
It is left up to the discretion of the cheapskate.

#20 ·
Sometimes Ill have a blue sky conversation with a guy who doesnt understand the costs of running a business and wants more money right now. I told one guy hey Ill pay you half of whatever you produce. I saw him run the figures on how much work it would be to get to the njmber he wanted and that was the end of that conversation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.