Google And Facebook Ads - Marketing & Sales - Contractor Talk

Google And Facebook Ads

Old 01-08-2019, 11:40 AM   #1

Trade: Carpentry
Rewards Points: 8

Google And Facebook Ads

Have any of you run Google ads or Facebook ads? I put my first Google ad out yesterday, too early to tell how it will do but before I go too far on costs with it, what's the luck been like with them?

I know I'll get responses similar to "been in business (insert years) and never advertised." And so on. I do appreciate that and like to also get there some day but right now I'd like to see how passive advertising with Google is working for other contractors.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 01-10-2019, 07:37 PM   #2

Trade: cabinetmaker
Rewards Points: 18

Re: Google And Facebook Ads

I would test for at least a month and at least 30$ per day maybe 50$
providing that you did some keyword research and got some basic adwords knowledge.

Advertisement

Old 01-13-2019, 10:55 AM   #3
MyOnlineToolbox cofounder

Trade: contractor marketing, website education & strategy
Rewards Points: 3,244

Most of the time it is hit and miss when it comes to a Do It Yourself advertising campaign. For example, so many do not have an optimized website (desktop and mobile) to take advantage of advertising. You may have success in people seeing an advertisement, and possibly even clicking on the advertisement too, but then it doesn't convert when they get to your website.

Running a good advertisement, along with the right keywords, etc., is one step, and having a receptive website to support the advertisement is another step.

In the beginning I would have a smaller daily budget and chalk it up to more of a learning exercise so then you can decide if you need to tweak the advertisements themselves, or possibly your website, or both.

Good luck.
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2019, 11:42 PM   #4

Trade: Remodeling

As far as online advertising goes I don’t think anything beats Facebook ads if you get it set up right. That’s where 90% of our new leads and jobs come from.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:26 AM   #5

Trade: Electrical
Rewards Points: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Robert View Post
As far as online advertising goes I donít think anything beats Facebook ads if you get it set up right. Thatís where 90% of our new leads and jobs come from.
Any tips on how to get Facebook ads set up correctly?

If your business has had great results with Facebook ads I'm sure that many other members here would be very interested in learning any advice you can offer.

Gwinnett County Residential Electrical Service
Old 01-20-2019, 06:07 PM   #6

Trade: Construction Management
Rewards Points: 118

With both facebook and google I recommend starting with a smaller budget (ie $2-$5 a day) to test out your keywords and improve click through rate.

Once you're able to maximize your conversion and click though rate on a smaller budget increase your budget on the best performing ones.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:54 AM   #7

Trade: jiff
Rewards Points: 4

Depends on your business. I guess Facebook Ads are more effective now. Especially video content.
Old 01-22-2019, 07:43 AM   #8
Sean

Trade: Principal / Owner
Rewards Points: 82

you have to advertise where your ideal client is - that can be hard to figure without tracking & asking
while his company may not be geared to your type of leads, they do put out some good advice that applies to most interested in advertising on either platform - just browse through he pieces: https://www.energycircle.com/energy-...-insights-blog
Old 01-22-2019, 08:17 AM   #9

Trade: Construction Management
Rewards Points: 118

I agree with SLS - geotargettting is an incredibly useful tool and available with both Facebook and Google.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:55 PM   #10

Trade: c54 & c6
Rewards Points: 18

Whatever you do, make sure you check out click fraud before spending your money on PPC. I would rather have a strong natural organic results, which takes longer to achieve, but its full proof.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:26 PM   #11
Pro

Trade: Masonry
Rewards Points: 8,320

If your monthly is high enough a pro for Google will pay for himself.

Facebook, test landing pages, I go age higher then 32, specific towns, relevant interests.

Dont ever ever boost a post. Always direct the ad to a properly created landing page for each specific ad.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:28 PM   #12
Pro

Trade: Masonry
Rewards Points: 8,320

My SEO is so good at this point I dont do these though, something to think about.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:39 AM   #13
New Guy

Trade: loft conversions
Rewards Points: 64

Local businesses do pretty well on Facebook to be honest but google ads can be a great resource if you're careful about your campaigns!
Old 02-16-2019, 04:10 PM   #14
New Guy

Trade: Electrical Mechanical
Rewards Points: 32

Call Only Ads
Old 02-16-2019, 11:50 PM   #15

Trade: Home Remodeling and Home Improvement Services
Rewards Points: 42

FB ads are the absolute best at providing the worst lowest life clients you could ever ask for.

Google ads are great for going broke.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2019, 05:32 PM   #16
MyOnlineToolbox cofounder

Trade: contractor marketing, website education & strategy
Rewards Points: 3,244

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt OHD View Post
FB ads are the absolute best at providing the worst lowest life clients you could ever ask for.

Google ads are great for going broke.
Hi Matt,
If the FB ads are producing low life clients, you may want to look at how the ads themselves are since there is a chance you are getting successful at connecting with people, but not creating the right image to scare of the tire kickers. I say this since you said "clients" as opposed to "prospects" so it seems you were at least getting leads but perhaps not the ones you were hoping for.

And Google Ads can be a waste of time when you do not have specific landing pages on your website that support the promotion. For example, I have seen people create a really nice Kitchen Remodeling Advertisement and then they guide people to their website that isn't so appealing. The Ads can be expensive so it is better to ensure that where you direct people is all ready, otherwise it can be viewed as wasteful as you mention.

Hope this helps if you decide to try again.

Advertisement