Direct Mail Questions Answered - Marketing & Sales - Contractor Talk

Direct Mail Questions Answered

Old 11-18-2008, 05:49 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

Direct Mail Questions Answered

I am going to interview an expert in direct mailings. Are there any questions you'd like answered?

Please post your questions in the forum.

I will be creating a product for sale with the interview, but will be offering it for free for the best questions asked. The product will also have a couple of bonus items with it as well.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 11-18-2008, 07:26 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 150

Re: Direct Mail Questions Answered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave3717 View Post
I am going to interview an expert in direct mailings. Are there any questions you'd like answered?

Please post your questions in the forum.

I will be creating a product for sale with the interview, but will be offering it for free for the best questions asked. The product will also have a couple of bonus items with it as well.
My Question:

"In light of searching for greener approaches to direct mail, is it possible to buy mailing lists (or mailing services) narrowed down to within a quarter mile radius of a given street in a zip code?"

My Reason:

Our team specializes in custom tile installations, particularly kitchen and bathroom renovation. We have designed a brochure promoting a sales special and plan to target the immediate area around houses where we've done our custom work.

My Logic:

By knowing the types of houses in the area (when they were built, special construction needs, etc) and the general demographics of its homeowners we'll have a better chance at reaching those who are in need of tile work and other home improvement services -- and having one of their own neighbors available as a reference.

Thanks in advance...

Advertisement

Last edited by Max Nomad; 11-18-2008 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:50 PM   #3

Trade: Sales Manager Full Service Contractor
Rewards Points: 75

I'll answer for you- YES
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2008, 09:06 PM   #4
Pro

Trade: Bathroom Remodeling
Rewards Points: 2,000

I was going to give you a couple of great questions to ask, but if I'm never going to see the answers... F it.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:42 PM   #5
Proprietor

Trade: TILE!
Rewards Points: 1,060

Ask them if scratch and sniff envelopes are a good idea
Old 11-18-2008, 10:27 PM   #6
Certified Remodeler

Trade: Kitchen bath remodeler

What if you mailed out condoms that said "No matter how big the problem, we got you covered" with company name and phone #. Wouldn't that get people to remember and talk about your company?
Old 11-19-2008, 06:56 AM   #7

Great Question Max Nomad - I've got it on the list.

Mike Finley - I said I'd give you the product for good questions - it's up to you.

Let's get some more questions for this guy.

Last edited by dave3717; 11-19-2008 at 06:59 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:42 AM   #8
Pro

Trade: Bathroom Remodeling

Like I said, why would I ask questions that I might not see answered, go pimp someplace else, f**King ridiculous. I'm pretty sure it's against the rules to pimp the membership here for your financial gain.

I see you're another MARKETING CONSULTANT with HUGE quotes around that. Just another one trying to suck what you can out of these forums for your own personal gain.

You have 10 posts and 20% of them are pimping the forum for the gain of your marketing company.

Whatever dude.

I'm sure you don't like the tone of my reply, but we're getting sick of what you and others are doing.

Last edited by Mike Finley; 11-19-2008 at 09:46 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:59 AM   #9
Certified Remodeler

Trade: Kitchen bath remodeler

Quote:
I'm sure you don't like the tone of my reply, but we're getting sick of what you and others are doing.
I'm, with you on this Mike, whats up with these guys, they don't seem to read the posting rules.
I have a cabinet dealership, but never mention it, but since I did, all cabinets this week in knotty alder painted brown are 95.33% off of MSRP to CT members only
Old 11-20-2008, 01:43 PM   #10

Mike and Silvertree, Participating in this thread is completely voluntary and I'm sorry that my ability to help people with their marketing intimidates you, I would suggest you don't visit my threads.

I've not asked anyone for money and all the comments I've given can be done completely free. If someone wants me to help them with their marketing I'm glad to help them, and yes for a fee, the same as when I contract a remodeling job.

Advertisement

Tags
direct mail , direct mail campaign , direct mail marketing , direct mailing , direct marketing