Company Logo On Truck That Is Under Another Company Name - Marketing & Sales - Contractor Talk

Company Logo On Truck That Is Under Another Company Name

Old 03-08-2019, 09:33 PM   #1

Trade: Drywall
Rewards Points: 2

Company Logo On Truck That Is Under Another Company Name

Could you put a company name logo on your truck. In where the truck is insured under a different company?

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 03-08-2019, 10:11 PM   #2
GC/carpenter

Trade: Decking, Railing, Carpenter/General Contractor
Rewards Points: 22,412

Re: Company Logo On Truck That Is Under Another Company Name

Depends on that terms of your policy. It's a question for your agent.

Mike.

Advertisement

Old 03-09-2019, 07:20 AM   #3
Pro

Trade: Carpentry
Rewards Points: 1,486

As said above, your insurance agent would be the one to ask.

Beyond that, I can't see a reason why the name on the side of the truck would matter. Unless there was an accident.

My reasoning, for this. If you are wanting to put someone else's name on your truck, it makes me think you are working for this person. Probably as a sub-contractor. Either that person or you doesn't want you advertising your business on their jobs. Or they are hiring you as a sub-contractor and want to make their own company appear bigger than it is.
So, if there is an accident, while you are driving your truck. The other person in the accident could sue your insurance company and they could sue your company. Assuming you were on company time, during the accident. They could also sue the company name on the side of your truck, claiming you were "on the clock" with that company.
It was explained to me, by an agent, it is better to have your company insurance and your company vehicles insured by the same company. That way, if there is an accident, there is no doubt who has to cover the claim.

Of course there are companies that pay people to have their vehicles wrapped with the company logos and information, to act as moving billboards. So there's that.

Now we are back to the beginning. Ask your agent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2019, 10:41 AM   #4

Trade: Electrical Mechanical
Rewards Points: 42

On an ACCORD 25 form (insurance certificate), there are check marks for auto liability such as:

Any Auto

Any owned auto

Hired Autos

Scheduled autos

& non owned autos.

Let alone requesting to be an ADDITIONAL INSURED on the form.
The Following User Says Thank You to SolutionsbySull For This Useful Post:
TxElectrician (03-28-2019)
Old 03-27-2019, 06:52 AM   #5
New Guy

Trade: Hoardings
Rewards Points: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by builditguy View Post
Of course there are companies that pay people to have their vehicles wrapped with the company logos and information, to act as moving billboards. So there's that..
This is a really good point - fleet livery companies provide this, and often when you see a van/truck branded with a company livery, the goods inside aren't theirs at all.

I definitely second what others have said re. insurance though, you'll need to check in with your provider!
Old 03-28-2019, 04:17 PM   #6
Pro

Trade: Electrical
Rewards Points: 3,440

I see folks driving all over town with Yeti, Harley, or other company stickers on them. Pretty sure the company doesn't own them all.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Advertisement

The Following User Says Thank You to TxElectrician For This Useful Post:
SixStarFC (06-04-2019)