Bulk Email - Marketing & Sales - Contractor Talk

Bulk Email

Old 08-01-2019, 11:52 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: plumber
Rewards Points: 880

Bulk Email

I don't ever remember seeing a post about bulk email. It has to be the least-expensive and most effective way to produce leads.

I dabbled with bulk email many years ago, but never got serious with it because I always had more than enough business. Today, competition is getting really fierce since it seems like millions of people are running fairly large contracting businesses with no licenses and without paying any taxes or insurance. I meet these people every day and it is cutting into our business heavily.

There seems to be a thousand advantages for bulk email. Some websites say that 91% of the people who have email actually check their emails every day. They say that the average is; for every $1 spent for email advertising the return is $38. Sound good to me!

They say that email is still the most powerful form of internet advertising and will always remain more powerful that Google Awords and all other social media i.e. Facebook and all that other crap I paid a lot of money to test and never got one lead.

The cost to do a direct mail piece today even with the bulk USPS price that I think is 29.4 cents per piece is about 60 cents per piece. The cost to send 10,000 direct mail pieces is $6,000 plus a lot of hard labor managing your mail list.

Compare the cost for 10,000 direct mail pieces to the cost for 1 million emails that contain the exact same message. There is a website called datazapp.com where you can purchase the email addresses, property owner names, their home addresses, phone numbers and more information about the property for 3 cents each.

Suppose you purchase 30,000 email addresses for $1,000. You can send your 30,000 homeowners a different message every two weeks 33 or 1,000 times for only $1,000. To send 1 million messages through direct mail would cost you $600,000.

I've been dabbling with bulk email for the past two weeks sent about 30,000 emails. I did not get one response, but I have high hopes that I will get the message right and all I need is one or two responses that turn into a few nice jobs.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 08-01-2019, 11:56 PM   #2
Fire up the BBQ

Trade: GC
Rewards Points: 2,630

Re: Bulk Email

when ever i get bulk or non-solicited emails for what ever they go straight to the trash bin.

if i want to or need to hire someone it certainly will not be through some unsolicited ad campaign....

Advertisement

Calidecks (08-02-2019), epi01jen (08-02-2019), Frank Castle (08-05-2019), Seven-Delta-FortyOne (08-02-2019), Warren (08-03-2019)
Old 08-02-2019, 07:41 AM   #3
Designer/Contractor

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 2,118

Opening any unknown email is an invitation to infecting one's computer with malware.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rio For This Useful Post:
Calidecks (08-02-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2019, 10:22 AM   #4
Pro

Great arguments, for your personal reasons, but according to several internet websites for every $1 spent there is a $38 return. Why would someone spend 10% to 20% of their advertising budget screwing with websites when email produces a 3,800% return on your money.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:53 AM   #5
Fire up the BBQ

Its your money, go for it.

If i were in business today my clients would not come from the internet.
Calidecks (08-02-2019), Robie (08-02-2019), SmallTownGuy (08-03-2019)
Old 08-02-2019, 10:59 AM   #6
Pro

Trade: Handyman Services
Rewards Points: 14,069

I forgot that I had a bulk email folder. Just checked it and had some family that got redirected there. Hmmm.

I seem to have a lot of "DateNiceRussian" opportunities.

Last edited by MarkJames; 08-02-2019 at 11:01 AM.
Old 08-02-2019, 12:36 PM   #7
Pro

Maybe, that is the reason I've been netting more than $1.5 million every year and I judging by what is said on this forum there is not one person who is even in that ballpark. The moderators have seriously wrecked this forum and the result has been that this forum is absolutely dead for anyone who wants to trade productive intelligence. Instead of getting better is continually and progressively is dying. The moderators push the people out who want to help and learn.
Old 08-02-2019, 12:48 PM   #8
Pro

Trade: Handyman Services
Rewards Points: 14,069

Is this one of the sources? I see the 38:1 ratio.

https://www.digitaldoughnut.com/arti...-mail-vs-email
Old 08-02-2019, 01:08 PM   #9
Pro

Trade: Executor of special operations
Rewards Points: 1,746

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffysplumbing View Post
Maybe, that is the reason I've been netting more than $1.5 million every year and I judging by what is said on this forum there is not one person who is even in that ballpark. The moderators have seriously wrecked this forum and the result has been that this forum is absolutely dead for anyone who wants to trade productive intelligence. Instead of getting better is continually and progressively is dying. The moderators push the people out who want to help and learn.
PCP not everybody is into the Gyration and headaches of running a 1.5M business. Some of us like doing higher end end work for a limited clientele. The idea of not being hands with the work ain't our thang. You like it, great for you, I'd rather slit my wrists than spend all day chasing doing what you do. Nope I'll never make your kind of money, don't care how much you make in the end.

You're the greatest thing since sliced bread, in your eyes. To each his own ... Carry on
Calidecks (08-02-2019), griz (08-03-2019), SmallTownGuy (08-03-2019)
Old 08-02-2019, 03:28 PM   #10
Fire up the BBQ

Quote:
how have the moderators ruined this forum?

who was pushed out?

productive intelligence?
Calidecks (08-02-2019), Joasis (08-03-2019), SmallTownGuy (08-03-2019)
Old 08-02-2019, 04:11 PM   #11
Pro

Rewards Points: 4,824

I think bulk email to my past clients could be very effective.

Many of them I have never met, having worked on vacant houses they were purchasing.

I use FB to stay on the radar of an expanding group of realtors, from whom I get my leads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2019, 08:34 PM   #12
Pro

Trade: Internet Marketer
Rewards Points: 572

Quote:
I've been dabbling with bulk email for the past two weeks sent about 30,000 emails. I did not get one response, but I have high hopes that I will get the message right and all I need is one or two responses that turn into a few nice jobs.
You'd be better off spending the money on Facebook. 91% of people might check their email once or twice per day. 95%+ of people check Facebook 20 times or more per day.
SmallTownGuy (08-03-2019)
Old 08-03-2019, 06:00 AM   #13
John the Builder

Trade: Carpenter/Builder Professional Painter
Rewards Points: 3,504

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCPlumber View Post
If: you said you have been doing bulk, and these are your results - that is one thing.

If: you said you simply wanted to know the software/stats from others - that would be another thing.

But then - that wouldn't be you. Instead, each post you make is a disguised attempt to blow your own horn.

And we all have horns. Yours doesn't sound interesting at all.

cya, wouldn't want to be ya.

Last edited by SmallTownGuy; 08-03-2019 at 07:25 AM.
Old 08-03-2019, 07:04 AM   #14
Pro

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 4,694

Quote:

If you are netting more then 1.5 million.....not grossing 1.5, then you are onto something. Why in the hell would you even post anything for a bunch of non-appreciative contractors who can't even carry your water?

I do more then a million a year, and I do not use the sales promos from some internet research firm to get me to send them money and increase my sales....and if my sales were that high already, I wouldn't be reading the unsolicited emails anyway.

Wow......now please tell us what moderator has pushed anyone out you can name that was only trying to help?

Insulated Concrete Homes / ICF's
My Facebook Page
Old 08-04-2019, 10:19 PM   #15
Pro

Trade: Low Voltage Systems
Rewards Points: 2,350

I can almost guarantee you 99% of the emails you are sending are going straight into the spam folder.

Vendors love to promise everything while commiting to nothing.

Your counting on the spray and pray approach to work.

I rather get 5 well qualified leads then 50 junk leads

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2019, 10:23 PM   #16
Pro

Trade: Low Voltage Systems
Rewards Points: 2,350

Where are you getting your bulk email list?

I could write a quick script to generate thousands of email addresses for you the majority of which would be completely useless.

Are you doing any kind of pixel tracking to determine how many of your emails are getting opened or links in them clicked. Or are you simply assuming I sent out 20,000 emails so now that's 20,000 people who have seen it and are potential customers?

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Advertisement