Branching Out - Marketing & Sales - Contractor Talk

Branching Out

Old 04-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
Licensed Gas contractor

Trade: Pools
Rewards Points: 1,012

Branching Out

Now that the weather is pretty much warm all over, the pool heater business is slowing down and I need to consider a filler for the summer. Since I do gas pool heaters I figured home water heaters would be a great fit. My gas license allows me to work on any gas appliance, water heaters fit into this category. I'm sure plumbers don't see it that way but the state does.

So if I add regular and tankless water heaters to my business, would it be a good idea to create a entirely new web site just for that or just add to my existing and then say do a Google ad-words campaign for the new part of the business? What would be better? I know cost wise it would be better to just add another page to my web site for the water heaters.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 04-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #2
ConstructionMarketingPro

Trade: Marketer for Construction Companies/Contractors
Rewards Points: 150

Re: Branching Out

Cost wise, yes it would be better to add another page to your website and based on your current website, I think water heating services could fit into the theme of your website.

Create a new adwords campaign with new ad groups and drive visitors to your new water heating services landing page.

Advertisement

Old 04-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: Hardwood Floors
Rewards Points: 594

I might consider doing a seperate website. This way you can target the keywords to that specific thing. The only downside would be needing to promote more than one website.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #4
Non-conformist

Trade: Builder of businesses
Rewards Points: 1,224

Since your design was created to visually reinforce "pool services" I would favor a new design. The strongest way to do that is a new site so visitors don't have to sort through a dual focused site.

It could also be done as a subdomain (e.g. waterheaters.gastekservices.com) which would piggyback on any ranking strength you have with your current site while keeping the two separated.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:50 AM   #5
www.magicpoolservices.com

Trade: Pool Service
Rewards Points: 502

Just my honest opinion, do a stand alone site.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:33 AM   #6

Trade: IPE, Massaranduba, Cumaru, Garapa Decking
Rewards Points: 25

I also agree that having 2 sites for each specialty is the way to go. Just make sure each site has a link to the next.

IPE Decking materials
Old 04-10-2012, 09:16 AM   #7

Trade: Builder
Rewards Points: 25

I disagree, you can create a new section on your existing site for this and optimise it so that you attract relevant traffic for your new service. You can change the template of this page so it is relevant and doesn't focus on the pool side of things.

A new site will be costly and is only worthwhile if you can expand the new site further into new services in the future.

Advertisement