Book....Contractors Closing Success Blueprint - Marketing & Sales - Contractor Talk

Book....Contractors Closing Success Blueprint

Old 02-11-2015, 02:19 AM   #1
Pro

Trade: slate roofing
Rewards Points: 252

Book....Contractors Closing Success Blueprint

Hello Guys,
I've had a quick browse but now I'm just about to start reading properly and right through " The contractors closing success blueprint" by Mike Jeffries. Anyone read it... and what are your thoughts about the system.

Thanx

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 02-12-2015, 08:33 AM   #2
MyOnlineToolbox cofounder

Trade: contractor marketing, website education & strategy
Rewards Points: 3,264

Re: Book....Contractors Closing Success Blueprint

There are two books, the one you mentioned and the one by Construction Program's and Results, it is called "Markup & Profit, a contractor's guide revisited".

I recommend both Mike Jeffries and Michael Stone books all the time as a supplement to the MyOnlineToolbox online website marketing education class.

So basically my theory goes that I begin with helping contractors get more quality leads, then hand off to Jeffries book to ensure contractors are more educated on the sales cycle, then hand off to the Stone book to ensure contractors make the most money possible as part of the job.

All three of us tend to do well when someone is open minded to education. Most contractors tend to be craftsmen first, and then back into the business and marketing side. So all three options tend to offer a rather focused and inexpensive way to learn in a professional manner.

Hope this helps you, you will not go wrong and have never heard anything of the contrary.
Brian

Advertisement

Old 02-14-2015, 04:18 AM   #3
Pro

Guys this might sound a little crazy and I still haven't even really got into all the steps in this book but... I went to look at a job a week ago. Did all the first simple steps in the book like be on time for the appointment [ i actually had to cancel the first appointment time as it was scorching hot and by lunch time I was already buggered. I called with 6 hrs notice and just told the prospect the truth..that I was gonna be too tired after work to look at their roof. They thanked me for calling and we re-scheduled the time for the following evening]. Next evening arrived right on time. Inspected the roof and told the prospects the exact truth about their roof. I never lie about what I find just to get work. Told them my thoughts which they already suspected. They needed a new slate roof. Told them I would be back in touch in a few days with a quote for their new roof. Next evening sent them an email explaining the process how we would do the job. The type of slate we would use and why. Mentioned all this in the initial meeting but just reinforced and went into a bit more detail. Also sent a couple of pics of recent work with similar homes to theirs,with new roofs that we had done. Phoned them 2 days later and said would it be convenient to drop in the quote that evening so I could quickly explain all the specs on the proposal. Did that. Waited another 2 days and called them again to see whether they had any further questions regarding the job. As soon as I spoke to the lady she said they had no further questions and they wanted us to do the work. Here's the interesting part.. she said they had two other quotes and they were a bit cheaper than ours but they were happy to pay more because of the professionalism I had displayed in quoting the job. She said they were really impressed and confident with our company. Now I've been in this game a long time and nobody has ever told me they were impressed with my professionalism before even starting the job.
How would I usually go about this ? OK, the first day we were supposed to meet, that afternoon, it was stinking hot and I was already tired by lunch time and I hate to admit it but I probably just wouldn't have shown up. What would have happened from there ? not sure.. perhaps they would have rang me again, perhaps I would have rang them the next day and tried to make up an excuse for not showing up or calling. If I did get the chance to meet, I would have inspected the roof told them my honest findings, sent them a quote for the job a few days later and then did nothing else.
One other thing here... on the follow up call after delivering the quote, they were already sold. No further questions, no asking to match the price on the other lowest quote. When I called I was expecting to answer at least a few questions or objections... but nope nothing, just happy to sign the quote and get it into the system.
Was this just a coincidence ? no.. I don't think so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2015, 04:22 AM   #4
Pro

Brian... thanks for the tips, I'm gonna look into the other book as well.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:28 AM   #5
Pro

guys... just got a call this afternoon from another prospect I met with about a week ago and really put in with all the steps from this book. After meeting back up with them to present my quote and run through all the specs to make sure they understood and didn't have any questions, I was almost 99% sure they were gonna go with me. I rang them again a few days later to see whether they had thought of any further questions since i presented the quote.. which they hadn't. They rang me this afternoon to accept the quote. This stuff really works... i'm sure of it. There must be some of you guys out there who Know it and use it. Anyone ?
Old 02-22-2015, 07:56 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 14

The biggest thing I'm finding out is setting an appt on the first visit to come back and present the proposal. Yes it's s pain in the ass to go back just to present the quote but if you get the job it's worth it. If you don't, you still look professional and at least look like you know what your doing. I've actually caught people off guard when I ask to do this. So I'm assuming most contractors are just emailing them in. I've changed my approach because I was tired of not hearing back from people after emailing a quote. By presenting the quote/proposal your at least sitting at there kitchen table and if your too high you can wheel and deal. Or they can just laugh and say no to your face. Either way at least your getting a response.

Advertisement

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike GBC For This Useful Post:
spinsy (02-22-2015)