Advertising Methods - Marketing & Sales - Contractor Talk

Advertising Methods

Old 06-26-2019, 07:40 PM   #1

Trade: Handyman
Rewards Points: 4

Advertising Methods

Hey y'all, just recently started my own handyman business and got licensed and bonded, now I'm looking for more ways to advertise. Facebook marketplace has gotten me some work, but not from the clientele I'd prefer or in the locations I would. Used thumbtack, Angies list, etc. and I just don't have the money to pay for leads that don't end up choosing me to work for them. I am thinking about just walking around businesses/neighborhoods and meeting people face to face as I am good with customers. What method did y'all use when you first got started and preferably ones that don't require much of an investment from my end. I spent a lot of my startup money already and don't have much left so I'm scraping by atm. Thanks yall.

Andrew "Chase" Matthews
Matthews Handyman Services

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 06-26-2019, 10:18 PM   #2
Contractor of the Month

Trade: Control Systems
Rewards Points: 4,078

Re: Advertising Methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMatthews View Post
Hey y'all, just recently started my own handyman business and got licensed and bonded, now I'm looking for more ways to advertise. Facebook marketplace has gotten me some work, but not from the clientele I'd prefer or in the locations I would. Used thumbtack, Angies list, etc. and I just don't have the money to pay for leads that don't end up choosing me to work for them. I am thinking about just walking around businesses/neighborhoods and meeting people face to face as I am good with customers. What method did y'all use when you first got started and preferably ones that don't require much of an investment from my end. I spent a lot of my startup money already and don't have much left so I'm scraping by atm. Thanks yall.

Andrew "Chase" Matthews
Matthews Handyman Services
Easy Gibson made a post about this that is gold. First thing you gotta do is exploit the people you know by telling them about your buisiness, people talk, word gets around. Do good work for a fair price etc.

Advertisement

TheConstruct (06-26-2019)
Old 06-26-2019, 10:55 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: Carpentry
Rewards Points: 1,004

Re: Advertising Methods

Totally agree with inner, I just told everyone I knew and they told other people and work started coming in. Keep customers happy and they'll refer you. I did one ad on Kijiji that I think got me one call and otherwise it's been word of mouth.