More Chief Architect Help - Architecture & Design - Contractor Talk

More Chief Architect Help

Old 04-19-2015, 12:42 PM   #1
Homebuilders Draftsman

Trade: Architectural Draftsman
Rewards Points: 150

More Chief Architect Help

Hey. I have Chief Architect 8 which was working fine on Windows 7 and then a few weeks ago the program no longer recognized the hardware lock. Blows my mind how it just stopped recognizing the dongle. Any suggestions anybody? Please don't say upgrade.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 04-19-2015, 08:42 PM   #2
Eater of sins.

Trade: Designer/Drafter/General Contractor(again)
Rewards Points: 1,334

Re: More Chief Architect Help

Not at all sure if this will help but try this LINK.

Andy.

Advertisement

Old 04-20-2015, 06:59 AM   #3
Homebuilders Draftsman

Thanks ScipioAfricanus. Been there, done that. Didn't help.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:21 AM   #4
Homebuilders Draftsman

After spending weeks looking for a solution to Chief 8 not working on my new machine and asking several “experts” about how to fix the problem, I finally took matters into my own hands. I started thinking that if I wanted to run an older software, why not look for the older drivers that actually made my program work in the older system. We have been told by most of the “experts” that if you run your programs on a newer system with a newer operating system, you must have the newest drivers. I followed that advice but kept hitting dead ends.

In my case, it was the dongle key that Chief looked for to accept my license serial number. Mine is a HASP4 dongle that connects to a LPT port on my computer.

You first need to make sure that the newer drivers are removed from your system by going into Control Panel and uninstalling them. Look for Aladdin or HASP installations. Once this is done, download the original HASP4 driver from http://www.itcimaging.com/v7/downloa...sp4driversetup and install it. You can do a search on Google or Bing for HASP4_driver_setup.zip if it’s no longer at the above url. With the new drivers gone and the original in place, everything worked just fine and Chief Architect 8 was at my disposal once again. I was back in business…
The Following User Says Thank You to TJDavis For This Useful Post:
ScipioAfricanus (07-10-2015)