Help With Sketchup 17 - Architecture & Design - Contractor Talk

Help With Sketchup 17

Old 04-03-2018, 08:20 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: Pole Barns, Residential Framing
Rewards Points: 404

Help With Sketchup 17

So I've been using SU 15 for a couple years, use it all the time to do a simple post layout for decks and pole barns. Like this:

Attachment 444890

To get the pole locations, I've been simply drawing a line along the perimeter line, and a little "bump" appears that then represents my pole, which I can then dimension to, and see where windows and doors should go, so on and so forth.

I just got a new PC, so decided I'd get SU 17, and all seemed cool, until I went to create a layout for a new barn. HORRORS!!! I can't see my little "bump" when I drew a line! The line is there, because I can dimension to it with the dimension tool, I just can't SEE it which is going to be a major pain.

If I open one of my old layouts with SU17, I can make new lines along the existing lines, and they show up just fine, so I'm guessing some setting or something is different, but I've been messing with it for an hour and can't figure it out.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Paul

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 04-03-2018, 08:37 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Pole Barns, Residential Framing
Rewards Points: 404

Re: Help With Sketchup 17

"Clears throat" I figured it out. I knew I would as soon as I asked for help, that's how it always goes.
It's in styles, I had to turn endpoints on.

Advertisement

The Following User Says Thank You to mrcat For This Useful Post:
Rio (04-04-2018)