Best Finish Spray Rig, With Best Waterbourne Cabinet Finish In Satin? Graco 9.5? - Lead RRP Discussion - Contractor Talk

Best Finish Spray Rig, With Best Waterbourne Cabinet Finish In Satin? Graco 9.5?

Old 06-11-2011, 05:33 PM   #1

Trade: painting
Rewards Points: 10

Best Finish Spray Rig, With Best Waterbourne Cabinet Finish In Satin? Graco 9.5?

Hello,
I am painting contractor that has been using the Graco 395 Ultra now for years, it has been a great machine with minimal on the job problems except spitting. I can get perfect glass finishes when cabinet doors are sprayed in a flat position but if I have to spray in a box or window corners I will get sags or spits from the gun especially with the advanced from Ben Moore. It is a great paint cause it looks like oil, drys fast, sands easy, no stink, and water clean up. You can even do 2 coats in a single day if necessary(although it says not to, I have without problems). I stop using oil cause if I leave a cabinet flat with oil paint it gets dust particles in it. I use a small fine finish tip with higher pressure to eliminate fingers.

I was thinking about purchasing the new Graco 9.5 turbine hvlp sprayer, whats your thoughts about that product? Supposively it has a new style gun with only one control. Can you switch guns or are you stuck with only graco guns with that rig, or would I want to. I like the fact that it is small and portable but everyone I talk to says I will pull my hair out cause its soooo slow compared to my airless that I am used to. I guess I would not mind if there was no spitting or sags and gave the desired look that I want?

I could do the doors with the airless and frames with the HVLP. I was also looking into the Kremlin (which according to everyone online) says is the best but it sounds bulky, loud with a compressor, a bit costly, and, can you shoot smaller amounts? Is the finish better with an HVLP or a Kremlin? Do people have problems with the Kremlin? The nearest rep is 2 states away.

Lastly, what is your favorite choice for a water based or oil/hybrid paint that sands good and gives the glassy like finish that everyone desires.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement