Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Superintendent salary?

7K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  pritch 
#1 ·
I have been contacted to manage a subdivision for a residential construction company in Colorado. With the slow times it would be worth looking into for me. I am trying to figure out what the average salary would be for a superintendent, that would be onsite everyday, overseeing 8+ houses at a time, from the ground up. I want some figures before negotiations take place. It would be a sub-contractor agreement, with them paying bi-monthly, for my company managing the construction.

Thank you

#3 ·
Actually Bodger, that was my #1 concern and question I am trying to find out. I don't know if I am covered under the general liability of the other company, which will be considered the general contractor or not. If anybody can chime in on that as well that would be great. I have never looked into this situation before so I am definitely doing some homework.

#4 ·
You must carry GL insurance and I would even keep or get a workers comp policy...even if you don't have any employees. When people sue or get hurt on a job they go after everyone including the site super. You as a sub contractor are covered under the GC's policy.

As for salary, what does a competent manager make in your area? Add your expenses, GL, WC, fuel, vehicle, phone, misc. I would think that would be more than fair.

#6 ·
I would want to know what is expected of you on this project. Superintendent means different things to different people.

Are you there to Supervise crews and keep the job on schedule or are they asking you to Manage the entire Project from permiting the civil work to final punch walk through with the owners at closing.

You need to know this before you can decide what a far price for these type of services.

Of course someone here is going to tell you you haven't given anyone enough info to give you an intellegent answer and they will be right.

As for a stab at it...In Colorado

Tract home Super $40- $50 G's per year Salary

Complete Project Manager on 10,000 + Sgft Custom Homes In Cherry Hills 100-$150 G's per year Salary

There is a giant ballpark for you. Keep in Mind those are Salary #'s if you want to Contract this work you have all of the O&P, Ins. ect to factor in.

As Always check out this Company and have a Lawyer look at your contract before signing anything.

Good Luck.

#8 ·
All I will be doing is supervising crews, scheduling subs, checking material #s and checking quality of work. I will not be ordering, collecting invoices/checks, meeting with city officials, pulling permits etc. And it is for a tract home developer. I have a follow up meeting in about a month to go over the projects in more detail.

Anything else you guys can think of to ask at this meeting?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.