So I Was At Court Against Attorney General Office... - General Discussion - Contractor Talk

So I Was At Court Against Attorney General Office...

Old 03-09-2019, 06:05 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: carpenter
Rewards Points: 3,859

So I Was At Court Against Attorney General Office...

If you remember my old tread about me do not work because DOLI told me I can not do framing, beside trim, without licence. I work at realtor licence and do not want spend money at GC licence than.
So after 3 months past year out of work I figured out something do not add up as everyone else here advertise framing and trim and above that, for difference of me, cabinet making, roofing etc etc.
I called a few guys and they said that inspector from Doli never called them.
I than one day in 4/18 went to DOLI and asked to talk with supervisor. He told me right away that I can do framing and trim and it is called carpenter (one tread).
Ok. I started work and a few months latter I get letter from Doli that I'm advertising for GC. You all saw my add at CL https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/a...823391752.html
and it clearly say Zell carpenter. Inspector claim that I advertise for GC because I put "I run full scale projects" in my add once. I always change add little but "Zell Carpenter" and pricing for carpentry work is always there. I'm happy that Inspector didn't conclude from words "full scale" that I plan to put car bomb somewhere otherwise I would be in much more trouble. First he claim that big project that I did in 2017 I was GC. So my customer call him to prove customer was GC, number of permit and city inspector who was there. Notice how I'm, for difference of other people in USA, guilty till I prove I'm innocent. Doli wanted me to pay them 3K because I said "I run full scale projects".
So I had enough of it, and I guess anyone of you would say same, than I sued DOLI for lost work 3 months. If you remember I said than here I'm out of work because of it.
So curt day was 3/4/19. Attorney general lawyer show up (not from doli?). I showed email from "inspector" where he wrote "I can not do framing beside trim without licence" and than same "inspector" sand me another email 3 months lather 4/2018, that I can do framing and trim without licence. Female lawyer from Attorney general start talk how I will have court at attorney general office where I can prove that I didn't advertise for GC. I said to judge at last 20 times how that do not have to do anything with my case today as I'm there for lost money for be out of work in spring/18. How much I can conclude from judge small talk I will not get money. There I had black on white what "inspector" said to me and even it is not enough for me.
Notice how I will have court at attorney general office to prove that I'm innocent even they didn't ever find me actually work like GC. So guilty until prove innocent.

Last edited by tipitop; 03-09-2019 at 06:36 PM.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 03-09-2019, 06:20 PM   #2
Pro

Re: So I Was At Court Against Attorney General Office...

And than pure gold for you. Some audio cuts from bankruptcy court. You all will absolutely like it how long it will last.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0kT3rRKtO4I

So at one hand they give bankruptcy without ever showing tax return. I reported it to Department of justice and Fbi and they didn't do anything. At another hand we will have court day at attorney general about me putting "I run project" in my add. O yeah. I reported this bankruptcy crime to Attorney general 5 times and they didn't do anything, but they are happy to chase me.
To help you understand audio. There is not any tax return from debtor so curt go over exhibitions. Exhibitions are phantasies of debtors lawyer about debtors income. At one point judge say "in this case we go over exhibitions not over tax return". There are trustee and trustee representative and none do not know debtor tax return, neither debtor, neither his lawyer. And it is 15 months after debtor filled bankruptcy. That court day was at 2/17 and debtor filled at 12/15.
At one point trustee representative said she get call from trustee office (btw she work in that office and she is there every day and someone had to call her from that office about debtor tax return) that they have debtor 2014 tax return but no one number was seen from that.

Advertisement

Old 03-09-2019, 07:11 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: entrepreneur of excavating expertise
Rewards Points: 22

these stories would be far more interesting if you got kowboy to juice them up for you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dayexco For This Useful Post:
AustinDB (03-10-2019), griz (03-09-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2019, 07:53 PM   #4
Pro

Trade: Low Voltage Systems
Rewards Points: 2,350

I see we are back to beating this dead horse again.....

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stryker1-1 For This Useful Post:
Thoff93 (03-10-2019), WarnerConstInc. (03-09-2019)
Old 03-09-2019, 08:12 PM   #5
Punching above his weight

Trade: Gun for hire.
Rewards Points: 14,134

Tip, I feel for you.

Gotta get right with the law, man. Sounds like you're pissing people off. I don't even know how you go about doing that without having a really really big mouth and bothering people more than once. I've been on a lot of jobs in a pretty small area, and there hasn't been an inspector on a single one of them that there didn't need to be. That kinda tells me that you're probably getting a little too close to doing work you shouldn't be doing, and that you're doing it in front of people who's job it is to know the difference.

It isn't that big a deal to get yourself set up legally. Hell, even in my parasite state you can get yourself incorporated and registered with the state for under $1,000 in both attorney and state fees. That ain't bad, man.

Good luck with everything. Don't waste another second of your life trying to get money out of the state. Did you really think that would work? Come on, man.
Old 03-09-2019, 09:09 PM   #6
Fire up the BBQ

Trade: GC
Rewards Points: 2

maybe when ct gets slow cricket slips him a coffee card to write something...
Bull Trout (03-10-2019), dayexco (03-10-2019), hdavis (03-09-2019), SmallTownGuy (03-10-2019), tang (03-10-2019), tgeb (03-10-2019), TxElectrician (03-10-2019)
Old 03-09-2019, 09:19 PM   #7
I like Green things

Trade: Architectural Mill Work
Rewards Points: 5,672

Holy crap, find a hobby.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to WarnerConstInc. For This Useful Post:
SmallTownGuy (03-10-2019)
Old 03-09-2019, 10:02 PM   #8
GC/carpenter

Trade: Decking, Railing, Carpenter/General Contractor
Rewards Points: 732

Just go get your GC license. With all the time and money younare spending to dodge that, you could be licensed and move on.

Mike.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:45 PM   #9
Pro

Trade: remodeling
Rewards Points: 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarnerConstInc. View Post
Holy crap, find a hobby.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
LOL, he found it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hdavis For This Useful Post:
Bull Trout (03-10-2019), SmallTownGuy (03-10-2019)
Old 03-09-2019, 10:52 PM   #10
Pro

Trade: remodeling
Rewards Points: 78

Tiki, it's called a bargaining chip. You make trouble for them, they make trouble for you.

They don't have to tell you you can do what you do if you say you're a carpenter, you are supposed to get your own legal advice.
Old 03-10-2019, 12:05 AM   #11
Pro

Trade: Contractor Grunt
Rewards Points: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdavis View Post
Tiki, it's called a bargaining chip.

e.
Maybe the assistant AG has an unlevel floor they need fixed.

Tipi tip 156:
Don’t mention anything about car bombs in court or in the presence of a states attorney.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Big Johnson For This Useful Post:
Bull Trout (03-10-2019), Calidecks (03-10-2019), finisher65 (03-10-2019), Mordekyle (03-12-2019), SmallTownGuy (03-10-2019)
Old 03-10-2019, 01:50 AM   #12
Pro

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 10

I canít decide if Tipi is the worlds best troll or the worlds most persistent glutton for punishment
The Following User Says Thank You to Bull Trout For This Useful Post:
dayexco (03-10-2019)
Old 03-10-2019, 08:12 AM   #13
Pro

Trade: residential remodeling/construction
Rewards Points: 1,435

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayexco View Post
these stories would be far more interesting if you got kowboy to juice them up for you.
Maybe proofread it too?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rescraft For This Useful Post:
dayexco (03-10-2019), finisher65 (03-10-2019), Thoff93 (03-10-2019)
Old 03-10-2019, 09:05 AM   #14

Trade: Handyman
Rewards Points: 56

I don't even know where to start. Your ad on Craigslist and your post here are both borderline incomprehensible. People aren't going to listen to you if you can't convey yourself clearly. Seriously dude you should think about taking a basic level English class at your community college or something. You would probably land more work too.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Last edited by Thoff93; 03-10-2019 at 09:11 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thoff93 For This Useful Post:
acro (03-11-2019)
Old 03-10-2019, 09:09 AM   #15
Joseph A. Capece

Trade: Builder - General
Rewards Points: 1,432

That Craigslist Ad made my brain hurt. What’s with the full body selfie with a cluttered couch and apartment in the background?
Commercial/Residential - Additions - Renovations
The Following User Says Thank You to CENTERLINE MV For This Useful Post:
Thoff93 (03-10-2019)
Old 03-10-2019, 09:12 AM   #16
Pro

Trade: Electrical Contractor
Rewards Points: 2,544

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescraft View Post
Maybe proofread it too?
Actually proof reading is not going to help much. I give Tipi credit for trying hard. If I was new to a country and didn't know a 100% how to compose sentences and get all the words right, I doubt that I would be as good as he is.

Tipi is certainly one of the most persistent people I have seen and he works hard at it. If it could just be channeled into a positive direction, he could be a tip top contractor.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cwatbay For This Useful Post:
BlueRidgeGreen (03-10-2019), fjn (03-12-2019), Idothat (03-10-2019), Texas Wax (03-10-2019), tgeb (03-10-2019), TimNJ (03-10-2019), tipitop (03-10-2019), TxElectrician (03-10-2019), Wile E Coyote (03-10-2019)
Old 03-10-2019, 10:44 AM   #17
Pro

Trade: Commercial Superintendent
Rewards Points: 3,422

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarnerConstInc. View Post
Holy crap, find a hubby.
Fixed it for you.

He is in prison.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:31 AM   #18
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CENTERLINE MV View Post
That Craigslist Ad made my brain hurt. Whatís with the full body selfie with a cluttered couch and apartment in the background?
???????? Photo of myself, a decent looking and behaving guy that can be trusted. TBH what is with you having some back of mind thinking about a simple photo.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:41 AM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwatbay View Post
Actually proof reading is not going to help much. I give Tipi credit for trying hard. If I was new to a country and didn't know a 100% how to compose sentences and get all the words right, I doubt that I would be as good as he is.

Tipi is certainly one of the most persistent people I have seen and he works hard at it. If it could just be channeled into a positive direction, he could be a tip top contractor.
What offend me in that bankruptcy case is that none of 50 creditors want stand with me to fight. There are collecting agencies, hospitals etc - that mean entities with lawyers in house. I talked with free "bankruptcy advice clinic" lawyers and they said to me I need to fill "adversary procedure" but lawyer should do it. I will not pay lawyer from my pocket where some lawyers are even at list of creditors.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:46 AM   #20
Pro

Trade: Low Voltage Systems
Rewards Points: 2,350

I wonder if he fills out his legal paperwork like he does his CT post.

I can only imagine the judge trying to make heads or tales of his case

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Advertisement