Reo - General Discussion - Contractor Talk

Reo

Old 01-02-2010, 09:39 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Reo

Is anybody doing reo work for AMS?

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 01-02-2010, 09:44 PM   #2
Sluggin away

Trade: Dihydrogen monoxide remediation/GC/REO/Insurance
Rewards Points: 550

Re: Reo

where ya from?

Advertisement

Old 01-02-2010, 09:55 PM   #3

Iowa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2010, 10:01 PM   #4

Sorry, didn't see your location there. More specifically, eastern Iowa-Mainly Cedar rapids and surrounding areas.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:03 PM   #5
Sluggin away

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMAINTENANCE View Post
Sorry, didn't see your location there. More specifically, eastern Iowa-Mainly Cedar rapids and surrounding areas.
Welcome. Some of the guys are gonna jump all over ya to fill out your profile fully.
Answer to your question in my opinion only: run like hel*
Old 01-02-2010, 10:15 PM   #6

any personal experience with them?
Old 01-02-2010, 10:26 PM   #7
Sluggin away

Quote:
any personal experience with them?
yep. enough said.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:31 PM   #8

I'm in the process of getting set up with Safegaurd. Run from them too?
Old 01-02-2010, 10:39 PM   #9
Sluggin away

Quote:
I'm in the process of getting set up with Safegaurd. Run from them too?
Safeguard is known as the "king of chargebacks" and "low pay" but if you do everything correctly and dot all your "i's" and cross all your "t's" then you can do OK. Just make sure to bid up your bids wherever you can to cover the low pay from the items that they won't allow enough pay to survive. Are you new to the business? If so then I would suggest signing up with a larger servicer who knows the business (yes you have larger discounts) but you can learn where they mark things up and how they mark things up. Learn for a couple years then go it on your own if you financially are able.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:40 PM   #10
Sluggin away

There is a lot of very good posts under the business section on Hud and Preservation work item that you may find interesting.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:52 PM   #11

I've already done a bit of work for AMS. Got some serious questions though. Thought they wouyld be the gold mine with the big Fannie May contract. Fannie ought to be full of cash between Bush and the 800 billion Obama will likely give them.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:59 PM   #12
Sluggin away

Quote:
I've already done a bit of work for AMS. Got some serious questions though. Thought they wouyld be the gold mine with the big Fannie May contract. Fannie ought to be full of cash between Bush and the 800 billion Obama will likely give them.
Fannie Mae work will be less than what they will tell ya plus the company you work for has only hired 50 contractors for almost each area and now they are using Servicemagic to call every contractor in Iowa to "recruit" more contractors since the pay is so low its hard to make it. One of my "crews" got called to see if they wanted to do some trashouts for "a company" so we checked it out and yep it was AMS. Who knows maybe they will work out their problems and get things straight but you might want to check out some blogs on them such as ripoffreport.com and others and draw your own opinions.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:09 PM   #13

I could only find one post on ripoff reports and the guy sounded like he had it coming anyway. I have searched high and low for any info on ams but the the forums are strangely silent. That is why I am very interested in any input you have because I've finally bumped into someone who can speak from experience. Can you tell me what they were offering to do initial services? I can tell you this. On the first two jobs I did for them they were "reassigned". I took the first one in the shorts but the next one I got 35 percent more out of them with no pics to approve the bid. That tells me they were either in a pickle or there is a lot of wiggle room there. Any thoughts?
Old 01-02-2010, 11:35 PM   #14
Sluggin away

Quote:
I could only find one post on ripoff reports and the guy sounded like he had it coming anyway. I have searched high and low for any info on ams but the the forums are strangely silent. That is why I am very interested in any input you have because I've finally bumped into someone who can speak from experience. Can you tell me what they were offering to do initial services? I can tell you this. On the first two jobs I did for them they were "reassigned". I took the first one in the shorts but the next one I got 35 percent more out of them with no pics to approve the bid. That tells me they were either in a pickle or there is a lot of wiggle room there. Any thoughts?
Sorry I don't want to go into more information on this forum. There is plenty of information out there to look into. You just need to look a little harder. Sometimes you "just gotta do what you gotta do?" right. Good luck with them if you continue. I have been a Fannie Mae contractor direct for years and this new company handling the initial services is a joke. I have been told by good information that most of this will change in March +/-. Who knows anymore?
Old 01-03-2010, 12:17 AM   #15

Sorry, my computer stepped out for a while-something about a critical battery. Something is always complaining! Thanks for the info. Would desperately like to find out more about what you know before I go into financil ruin. Is this possible?
Old 01-03-2010, 12:23 AM   #16
Sluggin away

Quote:
Sorry, my computer stepped out for a while-something about a critical battery. Something is always complaining! Thanks for the info. Would desperately like to find out more about what you know before I go into financil ruin. Is this possible?
check your PM
Old 01-03-2010, 01:12 AM   #17

Sorry man, I'm just a hard working fool who understands honest work for honest pay. What I'm trying to say is what the Does "check your PM" mean!?
Old 01-03-2010, 03:54 PM   #18
Sluggin away

Quote:
Sorry man, I'm just a hard working fool who understands honest work for honest pay. What I'm trying to say is what the Does "check your PM" mean!?
Your private message. Top right hand corner of page.

Advertisement