No.... - General Discussion - Contractor Talk

No....

Old Yesterday, 07:30 PM   #1
Shingler extraordinaire

Trade: Roofing, Decks, Siding, & Additions
Rewards Points: 15,268

No....

"No I am not warranting your guys' **** up. Last one who touched it owns it.....always".

I pissed off my biggest customer today. He had his guys cut some membrane to install doors without me on site and they naturally leaked.

They want to put a deck on a big flat I did a couple years ago.

I priced a repair or a deck/ roof in one product 2 1/2 weeks ago. Told him make a decision as it takes a week to get the deck/ roof product.

Now he wants me to fix a problem I did not create, nor do I have time for.

Gonna give him a couple days and withdrawal my bid if he doesn't make his mind up by the end of the week.

Parge coating and brick in the wall is spalling everywhere, I said I can fix the roof for you all day but the roof to wall connection does no good if water is coming in behind it

He was all kinds of pissy but I don't care. He can find another roofer if he doesn't change his attitude.

I told him that " I am sick and [email protected]#$_&g tired of every time water gets in this s&$t hole building it's my fault until I come down here and show you what the damn problem actually is"

His super basically begged me to give him a couple days to calm Mr. Moneybags down and get him to make a decision as he doesn't want anything to do with building a deck on my roof.

I gotta admit, it's super nice knowing I don't need his work anymore, I think he knows it and that just pisses him off more.

Sent from my motorola razr using Tapatalk

Last edited by A&E Exteriors; Yesterday at 10:06 PM.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 07:34 PM   #2
Shingler extraordinaire

Re: No....

Materials just thrown down on assorted nails and rubble, I picked up 15 screws the last time I was there, one of which put a hole in it. What a prick this guy can be when he doesn't get his way. He did everything short of stamp his feet.

Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 09:01 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: I'll do that for 500 bucks.
Rewards Points: 13,350

I'd be done and gone. You don't need that type of headache any more.

Sometimes you outgrow your customers.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
A&E Exteriors (Yesterday), TheConstruct (Today), TxElectrician (Today)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 09:17 PM   #4
Shingler extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinylHanger View Post
I'd be done and gone. You don't need that type of headache any more.

Sometimes you outgrow your customers.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
His super is the only one I am hanging around for, he has always been good to me and I don't want to leave him hanging.

I am not doing this for Mr. Moneybags....if he makes his mind up this will for damn sure be the last project I do for him.

Old Yesterday, 09:34 PM   #5
Pro

Trade: GC carpenter
Rewards Points: 8

As I told a new young gun on here yesterday, I’ve always taken pride in walking to better myself. When younger to better my skills & for a long time now I’m able to pick & choose the best. Tell em to beat it you don’t need it. Good on you. I never give it 2nd thought no matter the market. Always worked out with ball in my court.
Old Yesterday, 09:44 PM   #6
Shingler extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcarpenter1 View Post
As I told a new young gun on here yesterday, Iíve always taken pride in walking to better myself. When younger to better my skills & for a long time now Iím able to pick & choose the best. Tell em to beat it you donít need it. Good on you. I never give it 2nd thought no matter the market. Always worked out with ball in my court.
The guys on here can tell you I'm about as direct as you can get.

I told him where I stood today. I will be floored if he doesn't call me Wednesday wanting the more expensive option.

I may still decide to not do the work. We will see what the boss says.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A&E Exteriors For This Useful Post:
hdavis (Today), pinwheel (Today)
Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM   #7
Fire up the BBQ

Trade: GC
Rewards Points: 2,300

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&E Exteriors View Post
Materials just thrown down on assorted nails and rubble, I picked up 15 screws the last time I was there, one of which put a hole in it. What a prick this guy can be when he doesn't get his way. He did everything short of stamp his feet.

it continually amazes me how little some commercial owners think of their roofs and how they allow them to be treated.

they'll let any hack up there to do whatever needs done, including attempting repairs using wrong methods & materials.

then they get on the roofers azz when they find their roof is no longer waterproof...

i have been the mediator/negotiator between an owner & a roofer more times than i care to recall...

it's a fine art to tell a client he is suffering from a rectal cranial inversion and he still buys you a drink...
A&E Exteriors (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:24 PM   #8
Shingler extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by griz View Post
it continually amazes me how little some commercial owners think of their roofs and how they allow them to be treated.

they'll let any hack up there to do whatever needs done, including attempting repairs using wrong methods & materials.

then they get on the roofers azz when they find their roof is no longer waterproof...

i have been the mediator/negotiator between an owner & a roofer more times than i care to recall...

it's a fine art to tell a client he is suffering from a rectal cranial inversion and he still buys you a drink...
Man you ain't lying.

I must say it felt phenomenal to put that rich prick in his place and care less about the repercussions. It was amazing.

He was absolutely furious when he left because he couldn't have it his way.

Old Today, 07:49 AM   #9
Pro

Trade: GC carpenter
Rewards Points: 8

Ok A&E if I remember right, when I got back on here from a few years chasing commercial you were trying to decide on taking a new position correct. If so sounds like you have a bit more flex to tell this guy what he should here. Done my share of mopping pitch, rubber, whale skin etc. all commercial, nothing easy up there on top. Like Griz said terrible how trades can trash your work but common here in Tx. My new guy-cut man to be is from Flint hard worker. Keep em straight there. Don’t you just love it when you can make em feel the way we do When somebody trashed our work. Looking forward to the follow up
The Following User Says Thank You to Kingcarpenter1 For This Useful Post:
A&E Exteriors (Today)
Old Today, 09:10 AM   #10
Shingler extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcarpenter1 View Post
Ok A&E if I remember right, when I got back on here from a few years chasing commercial you were trying to decide on taking a new position correct. If so sounds like you have a bit more flex to tell this guy what he should here. Done my share of mopping pitch, rubber, whale skin etc. all commercial, nothing easy up there on top. Like Griz said terrible how trades can trash your work but common here in Tx. My new guy-cut man to be is from Flint hard worker. Keep em straight there. Donít you just love it when you can make em feel the way we do When somebody trashed our work. Looking forward to the follow up
Absolutely.

Advertisement