Need Advice - General Discussion - Contractor Talk

Need Advice

Old 12-11-2008, 10:43 AM   #1

Trade: operating engineer
Rewards Points: 10

Need Advice

I am an operating engineer with ten years experience running excavators backhoes wheel loaders etc. I would like to become a crane operator and I am thinking about going to ATS construction school in New Hampshire. Anyone every attend this school any input would be greatly appreciated. I live in Florida but I am willing to move up north for the right position.
Thanks
Jack

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 12-11-2008, 11:51 AM   #2
Pro

Trade: Remodel / repairs / Certified Mold inspector, Remediator
Rewards Points: 250

Re: Need Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackL View Post
I am an operating engineer with ten years experience running excavators backhoes wheel loaders etc. I would like to become a crane operator and I am thinking about going to ATS construction school in New Hampshire. Anyone every attend this school any input would be greatly appreciated. I live in Florida but I am willing to move up north for the right position.
Thanks
Jack
Is this the only school there is??? NH is beautiful spring, summer & fall if retired or young, summer & fall if older with injuries.
I worked up there for over a decade. If in Southern NH you can also get a lot of work in the Mass area in crane work, it's close by.
Have you spent any time up there?

I know or use to know some crane operators up there and they stayed busy as all get out, but they learnt from the companies they worked for, not a school.

Good luck though

Advertisement

Never judge another by one's own intelligence
Old 12-11-2008, 02:56 PM   #3

Trade: operating engineer
Rewards Points: 10

Re: Need Advice

Thanks Burby
The school is in Brentwood and I have never been there. They have job placement assistance. I have had no luck getting a job with a crane co. or an excavating firm.
Thanks again