Malarkey Shingles - General Discussion - Contractor Talk

Malarkey Shingles

Old 02-07-2019, 10:49 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: custom builder
Rewards Points: 288

Malarkey Shingles

So I have been a fan of Malarkey Shingles since getting severely burned by IKO quite a while ago. We have just had really good luck with them.

Anyhow, I was fortunate enough to get to go on a tour of the their mill in Portland. They treated us really well, but the best part was they served us a great lunch before the tour at their office. As our small group was eating in the small break area people were milling in and out getting something to eat. One guy sat down next to me and struck up a conversation, he told some great stories and was quite a hoot. After a while he introduced himself as Greg Malarkey...VP

About the time Greg gets up to leave I notice another fellow that has been eating at the other end of the short table, heís telling stories and seems like a pretty good guy, he talks highly of the Malarkey family and really seems to know a lot about their long history in Portland. The guy was really interesting to listen to. About that time Greg comes back and tells him they need him to come, apparently itís good to have the CEO Mr. James Fagan in the board meeting

Other members of the Malarkey family were there to, chatting and eating before getting back to work.

I thought it was pretty cool that they took time out of their day to visit with us.

I had a couple of things I wanted to address with them while I was there, mostly, why not put the shingles on a solid pallet and can we get a cover to keep them from freezing together? Both of these things have been implemented already.

The company is very proud of their history and products and it was cool to see them in action.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 02-07-2019, 10:53 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Roofing and General Contracting
Rewards Points: 738

Re: Malarkey Shingles

I know A&E loves Malarkey shingles and so do I, that is what we have on our house!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Advertisement

The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Dreamer For This Useful Post:
donerightwyo (02-07-2019)
Old 02-07-2019, 10:55 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Dreamer View Post
I know A&E loves Malarkey shingles and so do I, that is what we have on our house!

With the new things they are doing they are gonna be even better
Lady Dreamer (02-07-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2019, 11:00 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by donerightwyo View Post
With the new things they are doing they are gonna be even better
That's awesome I was pretty impressed with them first time we use them they were strapped down and within 30 minutes of it coming off you couldn't even tell there was a strap there! In the rep was showing us the stuff that they are made with it is awesome and I love how they don't lose very many granules when you're taking them out of the package!

Old 02-07-2019, 11:04 PM   #5
Pro

So all of their shingles are now modified asphalt, mostly recycled materials like tires, Crayola markers and milk jugs. The modified asphalt and the compression of the granules is why they adhere so well.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:07 PM   #6
Pro

Nice. I know whenever Andy quotes a roof he doesn't do it but anything else but Malarkey's! Love them.

Advertisement