Insurance Question - General Discussion - Contractor Talk

Insurance Question

Old 02-03-2017, 04:45 PM   #1

Trade: Remodel
Rewards Points: 6

Insurance Question

I just got licensed and started my own business. Small remodeling operation and I need to get insurance. I contacted a rep and got bombarded with different policy options. I have 3 employees, what do I need to be covered and what should I avoid?

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 02-03-2017, 04:58 PM   #2

Trade: remodel/handy
Rewards Points: 148

Re: Insurance Question

Workers comp (usually state requirement), liability to cover accidental damage to property (sometimes city permit requirement)

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Old 02-03-2017, 07:11 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: Remodeling / Carpentry
Rewards Points: 2,204

Re: Insurance Question

Workers Comp

General Liability Policy - BOP (Business Owners's Policy) also called Premises Operations and Completed Operations.

Commercial Auto / Truck Insurance

I share your frustration. Some of these ins folks present a proposal for first year new guys equal to a new Cadillac...

Find a broker who works with several different ins co's and works with contractors. Not a captive agent like Nationwide or State Farm.

Let's pull out one thing in a quote that's throwing you for a loop....it is what ?

Addl - you don't need Health (compare WC), Life or Disability ins at the moment. Some of these ins folks throw all that at you.

Last edited by We Fix Houses; 02-03-2017 at 07:15 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to We Fix Houses For This Useful Post:
TxElectrician (02-04-2017)