How To Get On A GC Bid List.... - General Discussion - Contractor Talk

How To Get On A GC Bid List....

Old 01-28-2009, 02:44 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

How To Get On A GC Bid List....

We are just starting our own Tile Contracting Business. Would like any info on how to get on bid lists. What info do you add is there a form of some type you can send me as an outline? Thank You So Much ....

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 01-29-2009, 05:13 AM   #2
Owner

Trade: Excavation, Site work, Septic, Demolition
Rewards Points: 77

Re: How To Get On A GC Bid List....

I've had the best luck with thebluebook.com. Forget yellowpages.com, yellowbook, bidclerk, servicemagic. I've tried them all and spent a fortune.

With thebluebook.com you'll get invitations to bid emailed to your specific trade and geographic location. Email or call the GC's, tell them your bidding the project with the other gc's and would like to send them the same bid. They always say yes.

Don't send lump sum bids. Break everything out, the gc's love that and when they see an impressive presentation they'll always want your imput.

I have more project come across my desk than I can possibly bid on. I'm looking forward to a great year.

Alan

Advertisement

www.aoconstruction.net

Last edited by ajbackhoe; 01-29-2009 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Should have proof read better
Old 01-30-2009, 06:37 AM   #3
Pro

Trade: Residential Remodeling
Rewards Points: 250

I agree with AJ, bluebook is very useful. You may also want to call/visit some your local reprographics stores. Her in Atlanta, there a quite a few that had plan rooms (real and virtual) that were free of charge. Just like with bluebook, I got daily emails listing new jobs, new GCs bidding on jobs, etc. I would then order the plans I need and pickup at the local store.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2009, 07:17 AM   #4

We also use The Blue Book its great...another thing that I started doing when we decided to get into the commercial side was send out letters of intent introducing our company to them long with a history and our complete reference list. Also looked for job signs and made calls asking who the contact person was. Hope this helps!
Old 02-02-2009, 02:35 AM   #5

Thank You all for your info much appreciated