Good News, Wanted To Share - General Discussion - Contractor Talk

Good News, Wanted To Share

Old 11-13-2009, 06:35 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: carpentry and painting
Rewards Points: 500

Good News, Wanted To Share

i've been hittin the job market hard since my last postings here and been keeping busy so thats why i havent been around much. i've been applying everywhere, heck i applied at radio shack, i applied to be a cell phone salesman. everything, just been hammering the applications and emails and its paid off. i was on craigslist and peeked on the job postings and there was a job posted today around 10am, i jumped in my car and went down right away. got there, talked for a little bit/filled out the app and they called me back 4 hours later and hired me. i'll be starting tomorrow. i'll be driving a delivery truck for an appliance store, which is pretty good, its not carpentry but beggers cant be chooser's. i used to drive trucks, it was going to be my career. i have a CDL license so its right up my ally, im excited because its not just some crap job im taking for now its something i'll do for a while. thanks for everyone who told me keep a positive light on the situation and giving me that extra push it helped alot, i'm still going to be working construction just part time when my friend has the work, plus having my own house i can always get crazy here. a major weight has been lifted off my shoulders and i'm so thankful for the job and the positive messages i was reading in my time that i thought giving up on trying was an option.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 11-13-2009, 06:40 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Carpentry

Re: Good News, Wanted To Share

Good to hear.

Advertisement

Old 11-13-2009, 07:12 PM   #3
Maker of fine kindling

Trade: cabinet maker
Rewards Points: 12,490

And a new chapter begins....

You never know what the reason is for things to turn out the way they do until time has passed and some things are in the rear view mirror.

One thing is for sure though. You have landed in that truck seat for a reason. Maybe you'll meet someone one day while delivering a dryer that will change the course of your life in some great way. Could be a business partner, could be a wife. Who knows?

Maybe you'll get exposed to a completely different interest of some kind.

Keep a good attitude and be open to learning from all the people that you encounter. Someday if you are lucky you will know just why you are delivering appliances.

I'm still looking for the reason I've been making dust for 30 years.
Still open to learning though.
RCPainting (11-13-2009)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2009, 07:17 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

congrats. I hope it works out for you.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:18 PM   #5
Pro

Trade: Licensed Electrical Contractor and Remodeler
Rewards Points: 896

Very glad to hear it Freemason! I was wondering where you were!
Old 11-13-2009, 08:15 PM   #6
Pro

Trade: Handyman
Rewards Points: 366

Good to hear!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 08:50 PM   #7
I like Green things

Trade: Architectural Mill Work
Rewards Points: 5,682

Use the enter key, I don't even know what happened because I can't read that blob of words.

Whatever it was that happened, as long as it is not the crabs, congrats!!
The Following User Says Thank You to WarnerConstInc. For This Useful Post:
J F (11-14-2009)
Old 11-13-2009, 09:27 PM   #8
Contractor

Trade: Excavation, Foundation, Concrete
Rewards Points: 158

Good to hear that you have found some work.

But since it is not construction related....you can no longer post here.

You'll have to move on over to the DIY site.

www.gebcon.com
Old 11-13-2009, 09:44 PM   #9
Pro

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 274

I bet you will land on your feet back in construction....with a never quit attitude, you are miles ahead of most in today's world.

Insulated Concrete Homes / ICF's
My Facebook Page
Old 11-13-2009, 09:52 PM   #10
Los Angeles Remodeler

Trade: General Contracting
Rewards Points: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemason21 View Post
i've been hittin the job market hard since my last postings here and been keeping busy so thats why i havent been around much. i've been applying everywhere, heck i applied at radio shack, i applied to be a cell phone salesman. everything, just been hammering the applications and emails and its paid off. i was on craigslist and peeked on the job postings and there was a job posted today around 10am, i jumped in my car and went down right away. got there, talked for a little bit/filled out the app and they called me back 4 hours later and hired me. i'll be starting tomorrow. i'll be driving a delivery truck for an appliance store, which is pretty good, its not carpentry but beggers cant be chooser's. i used to drive trucks, it was going to be my career. i have a CDL license so its right up my ally, im excited because its not just some crap job im taking for now its something i'll do for a while. thanks for everyone who told me keep a positive light on the situation and giving me that extra push it helped alot, i'm still going to be working construction just part time when my friend has the work, plus having my own house i can always get crazy here. a major weight has been lifted off my shoulders and i'm so thankful for the job and the positive messages i was reading in my time that i thought giving up on trying was an option.
Congratulations man, I am truly happy for every American that is put back to work. This may seem too nationalistic than patriotic but I feel like for every dollar we spend on American products, we put one American back to work for one hour.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:54 PM   #11
solar guy

Trade: solar contracting
Rewards Points: 1,000

Congrats on the new job
Don't be a stranger
The Following User Says Thank You to naptown CR For This Useful Post:
freemason21 (11-14-2009)
Old 11-13-2009, 10:04 PM   #12
Service & Repairs

Trade: Electrician
Rewards Points: 2,002

Congratulations...... and I know what you mean looking for work, I've been hitting the pavement myself doing whatever it takes to find some work.
The Following User Says Thank You to Magnettica For This Useful Post:
freemason21 (11-14-2009)
Old 11-13-2009, 10:41 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus Dering View Post
And a new chapter begins....

You never know what the reason is for things to turn out the way they do until time has passed and some things are in the rear view mirror.

One thing is for sure though. You have landed in that truck seat for a reason. Maybe you'll meet someone one day while delivering a dryer that will change the course of your life in some great way. Could be a business partner, could be a wife. Who knows?

Maybe you'll get exposed to a completely different interest of some kind.

Keep a good attitude and be open to learning from all the people that you encounter. Someday if you are lucky you will know just why you are delivering appliances.

I'm still looking for the reason I've been making dust for 30 years.
Still open to learning though.
such an optimistic way to look at things, i like it.

sorry for the no enter key, i myself become very frustrated when people do it lol. i'm still workin construction so it's not a lost thing i love building and hope one day to do it full time but at least now i can wait for the golden opportunity with a great builder. who knows maybe i'll meet a builder while at this job.

all i know is im happy about the job and today. things went good today, i still hope to post here as i find this site extremely comical and informative like the crown molding thread. wow i didnt expect that many helpful replies. just goes to show you when you dont expect, you get more then you ever could of imagined.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:59 PM   #14
Contractor of the Month

Trade: Control Systems
Rewards Points: 4,630

Quote:
Yeah...Gus I did my fare share of appliance delivery for my father's company and I always had that dream of running into a desperate housewife too...but it never happened. You get your hopes up when you see movies about pizza delivery guys and pool cleaners getting lucky buy appliance delivery just isn't the same.

Good luck with the new job.
The Following User Says Thank You to Inner10 For This Useful Post:
freemason21 (11-14-2009)
Old 11-14-2009, 12:09 AM   #15
Maker of fine kindling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner10 View Post
Yeah...Gus I did my fare share of appliance delivery for my father's company and I always had that dream of running into a desperate housewife too...but it never happened. You get your hopes up when you see movies about pizza delivery guys and pool cleaners getting lucky buy appliance delivery just isn't the same.

Good luck with the new job.
Why you wanna squash an old man's dreams like that? That is so uncool.

I was hoping to live the dream through the freemason.

I can't even remember the last bachelor party I went to.

Oh wait, yes I do
man we had fun in the eighties

I wanna see you win, Freemason. Keep swinging
freemason21 (11-14-2009)
Old 11-14-2009, 12:15 AM   #16
Pro

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 1,018

Good luck freemason, I like the way Gus looks at it.
Your gonna end up where your suppose to.
The Following User Says Thank You to SC sawdaddy For This Useful Post:
freemason21 (11-14-2009)
Old 11-14-2009, 12:17 AM   #17
Pro

Quote:
Why you wanna squash an old man's dreams like that? That is so uncool.

I was hoping to live the dream through the freemason.

I can't even remember the last bachelor party I went to.

Oh wait, yes I do
man we had fun in the eighties

I wanna see you win, Freemason. Keep swinging
its ok i've done driving jobs long enough to know that the dream of meeting a hot desperate house wife is just a dream lol. bachelor party.. that reminds me i went to bachelorette, yes, a bachelorette party about 2 months ago. and ill just end that story right there lol.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:21 AM   #18
Maker of fine kindling

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemason21 View Post
its ok i've done driving jobs long enough to know that the dream of meeting a hot desperate house wife is just a dream lol. bachelor party.. that reminds me i went to bachelorette, yes, a bachelorette party about 2 months ago. and ill just end that story right there lol.
After all we have done for you, you are gonna hold out on the good stuff? Geez I have to rethink my attraction to standing in your corner.

Do I need to tell you how to put a pic in a PM?
Old 11-14-2009, 12:31 AM   #19
Contractor of the Month

Trade: Control Systems
Rewards Points: 4,630

Not to get off topic, but my father had an appliance repair call (this is going back about 15 years) in a rural area just outside of Ottawa. He rings the doorbell and a completely naked woman opens the door, sees him through the screen door and quickly turns away. Stunned he opens up his invoice book, looks at the address, looks at the address of the house.....whoops this is the neighbour's house!

Guess she was expecting someone else...or the old man wasn't her style
Old 11-14-2009, 12:43 AM   #20
Pro

Quote:
After all we have done for you, you are gonna hold out on the good stuff? Geez I have to rethink my attraction to standing in your corner.

Do I need to tell you how to put a pic in a PM?
hahaha. well, there wasnt any pics. ok ok, a few details... imagine about 8 women all "letting loose" whatever it is women do when they just "feel free". and there was only 3 guys there, me, and 2 other guys who are my best friends. what more details should i share, are we really going to go there gus

Advertisement