ExakTime - General Discussion - Contractor Talk

ExakTime

Old 01-15-2015, 06:21 PM   #1

Trade: Landscaping
Rewards Points: 8

ExakTime

Our company is thinking about buying a complete ExakTime system from a friend that has just went out of business. I called ExakTime to ask a few questions about it. First thing they told me is it will cost me $600.00 to start using the system, (if so I will not be buying it from him) It worked just fine for my friend last year.
Will it work for my company or do they have to sell me the upgrade?
Can I go into the software and change the company info, to my info?

Thanks.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 01-15-2015, 07:03 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Everything Exterior, Mostly Roofing.
Rewards Points: 2,786

Re: ExakTime

I paid around $2500ish last year for my exaktime system. I only regret not buying it sooner. It has already made me that money back plus some.

If they're only asking for $600 to get it up and running, that's a steal. I'm sure part of that is for their software.

Advertisement

The Following User Says Thank You to BamBamm5144 For This Useful Post:
CarpenterSFO (01-16-2015)
Old 01-18-2015, 01:43 PM   #3

I guess no one knows? I guess I will look into different time clocks. Any suggestions ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2015, 02:13 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce 1 View Post
I guess no one knows? I guess I will look into different time clocks. Any suggestions ?
Pretty sure I answered it. You need their software as well. Unless he is also transferring the software on your computer, then it should work but will probably maintain all his company information.

Either way, $600 is cheap.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:17 PM   #5

600 is not cheap when you add his price to it. He wants about 1/2 of what a new set cost. That is why I asked, all of the install CDs come with it. I was wanting to know if the software would work as is? If so it is worth it then. But if I had to put 600 more with it would not be a great deal then. (To me) he paid I think about $2300.00 for the complete set up. He wants 1200.00 for it all.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:30 PM   #6
Pro

Then I would look into purchasing it outright on your own if its something you want.

Depending on how many guys you have, it could start making you money fairly quickly. You can probably get your whole system set up for under 2k and they do take payment.

I have two big regrets (so far) in my business. One is not hiring my current web guy sooner and the second is not purchasing a time clock management system sooner.

Advertisement