Employee Clogs Customers Toilet - General Discussion - Contractor Talk

Employee Clogs Customers Toilet

Old 12-23-2008, 08:07 PM   #1
huntington beach, ca.

Trade: electrical
Rewards Points: 250

Employee Clogs Customers Toilet

First let me say how important every customer is. But this job, was one of my GC who supplies me with yearly work, id say easy 150k-200k year sales from them. This was 2 days ago, btw.

One of my new JW's is there, 3rd day working for me. I tell me how extremely important this customer is to me, how i'm extremely busy and how i need to work on my bids today. ( i cannot be disturbed or we will not have future work, if i don't finish.)

I get a call from my lead apprentice at 5pm, that dude backed up the toilet, used atleast a half roll of toilet paper. Dude had already went home and my apprentice says he's not fixing this.

I now have to leave 5pm for a 1 1/2 hour plus drive, meet Roto Rooter at the house. $150 later i'm home, i'm just so upset with these fing morans in this state. He claims he flushed the toilet, but never looked to see if it flushed down . LOL there wasn't even a toilet seat, i'm not kidding atleast 1/2 roll of paper.

Luckily the customers are not living in the house, but do stop by daily to grab things or check out the progress of the job. Anyway I got a call this morning , from the GC and the Customer has asked we do another $3,000 in work. I knew that $150 roto Rooter was well worth the money.

Merry Christmas!!! Back to the unemployment line for some though.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 12-23-2008, 08:14 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Roofer, Domains and Hosting
Rewards Points: 1,000

Re: Employee Clogs Customers Toilet

Now then. A perfect example of a law that allows us to bury somebody on the back forty, without questions, once in a while.

Advertisement

Old 12-23-2008, 08:20 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: GC
Rewards Points: 2,024

Ah,...the joys of living in the Golden State.

You might like this one too:
Would you believe it's possible to clog a Portable toilet? Well, not technically I suppose, but the Andy Gump porta-potty guy was at my site one day doing the periodic pump and primp on my sh!tter. He comes to me and tells me that his hose is stopped up by something that was in the toilet hopper when he went to pump it out.

Some genius had thrown a plastic bag in there which contained the leftovers of his lunch, replete with burrito wrappers and soda can and who knows what else.
I'm just glad the hose didn't explode.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2008, 08:29 PM   #4
Mod / ArchiBuilder

Trade: Design/Build Pergolas & Pavilions
Rewards Points: 6,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodger View Post
Ah,...the joys of living in the Golden State.

You might like this one too:
Would you believe it's possible to clog a Portable toilet? Well, not technically I suppose, but the Andy Gump porta-potty guy was at my site one day doing the periodic pump and primp on my sh!tter. He comes to me and tells me that his hose is stopped up by something that was in the toilet hopper when he went to pump it out.

Some genius had thrown a plastic bag in there which contained the leftovers of his lunch, replete with burrito wrappers and soda can and who knows what else.
I'm just glad the hose didn't explode.
Disgusting!
Old 12-23-2008, 09:18 PM   #5
Pro

Trade: High Rise Caulk and Insulation

Bad mental picture-get out-get out!
Old 12-23-2008, 09:22 PM   #6
I'm a Mac

Trade: ICF Construction
Rewards Points: 4,254

We just finished a project, customer has a restroom in there detached garage which was reconnected after the foundation walls were complete and backfill could occur. They stated the porta-potty was being removed and we could use the shop restroom...I declined and requested they leave it until at least we are finished...I don't trust my crew that much...and a porta potty is $ 75.00 a month...why would you want strangers doing the worst thing (almost) possible on your property?

Bodger...that is disgusting and hillarious at the same time
Old 12-23-2008, 09:33 PM   #7
Pro

Trade: Monkey Scratching Cat Herder
Rewards Points: 1,450

Who was the hardy soul who did the CSI on the clogged hose? To the OP, tell your guys to #^%$ at home or at lunch, you don't pay them to drop the kids off at the pool.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:35 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tscarborough View Post
Who was the hardy soul who did the CSI on the clogged hose? To the OP, tell your guys to #^%$ at home or at lunch, you don't pay them to drop the kids off at the pool.
Fortunately, the portable toilet service man did the deed, not happily I might add. I was gracious enough to cut a length of #4 re-bar for him to use as a "plunger".

I had another pleasant scatological type occurence on a job once.
Doing a remodel and addition, the plumbers had placed the ABS vent pipes through the roof, but they were not yet connected to anything else, just stuck through the sub-roof, and hanging wild into the interior framing.
I called the roofers out to get me weathered off. We soon were introduced to a fairly significant stream of "water" coming through one of the vent stack stubs and draining onto the sub-floor.

Apparently, one of the roofing crew had decided it was too much trouble to climb down the ladder and use the portable facility.
He had relieved himself into the vent pipe whilst standing on the roof.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:44 PM   #9
I'm a Mac

Trade: ICF Construction
Rewards Points: 4,254

I would have been on that roof so fast kicking the living **** out of that guy it would not have been funny
Old 12-23-2008, 10:57 PM   #10
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Johnson View Post
I would have been on that roof so fast kicking the living **** out of that guy it would not have been funny
Oh, it was defnitely time for some 22 ounce framing hammer therapy.
I went up there and confronted the six border brothers on the roof.
Guess what I heard:
"Oh no Jefe, we no piss in de pipe"
Old 12-23-2008, 11:38 PM   #11
Head Grunt

Trade: Electrical Contractor&Home Maintenance
Rewards Points: 2,196

Fill a ziplock bag full of dyed water, insert in pipe, inject with air so it sprays back up and tell them it was urine. But on a professional note, FIRED!!!!!
Old 12-23-2008, 11:51 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchuck2 View Post
Fill a ziplock bag full of dyed water, insert in pipe, inject with air so it sprays back up and tell them it was urine. But on a professional note, FIRED!!!!!

...and when they come down to ask who did it:
"Oh no Senor, we no piss UP the pipe!"
Old 12-24-2008, 12:18 AM   #13
huntington beach, ca.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tscarborough View Post
It didn't have a seat, so i thought it was safe. I've actually been told back when i was in the union, i couldn't use the restroom , until lunch or break.
A few weeks later i topped out of apprenticeship and drug up on those slave driving nazi's.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:38 AM   #14

Trade: Building Contractor
Rewards Points: 75

Along these same lines I got a big boy that works for me on my framing crew the little fella goes about 340lbs! He is slow as sh!t, cant bend over to pick nothing up, But he is helluva a good cut man. He uses the job johnny at least 6 times a day! no kidding and this guy makes a mess without going into detail. One day this fall I went in to take a wizz. And someone had posted a handwritten sign on the back wall (please close the seat lid when your done so that people who come into pee dont have to throw up) I darn near died out laughing cause i knew darn well who this aiming for. I told the fella your gonna start having to sh!t in the woods behind the job site, cause folks is getting angry.
Hey Merry Christmas All !!
Old 12-24-2008, 12:47 AM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbelectric View Post
It didn't have a seat, so i thought it was safe. I've actually been told back when i was in the union, i couldn't use the restroom , until lunch or break.
A few weeks later i topped out of apprenticeship and drug up on those slave driving nazi's.
A toilet without a seat? They probably felt right at home.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:50 AM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by billderboots View Post
Along these same lines I got a big boy that works for me on my framing crew the little fella goes about 340lbs! He is slow as sh!t, cant bend over to pick nothing up, But he is helluva a good cut man. He uses the job johnny at least 6 times a day! no kidding and this guy makes a mess without going into detail. One day this fall I went in to take a wizz. And someone had posted a handwritten sign on the back wall (please close the seat lid when your done so that people who come into pee dont have to throw up) I darn near died out laughing cause i knew darn well who this aiming for. I told the fella your gonna start having to sh!t in the woods behind the job site, cause folks is getting angry.
Hey Merry Christmas All !!
We have the same problem. I think the frijole-rich diet is a natural laxative.
My favorite thing to have happen is for the toilet service guy to show up when the archy or H/O is on the site and it's summertime. The stink off that truck when it's pumping could knock a buzzard off a sh!twagon.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:56 AM   #17
huntington beach, ca.

Ok one more, I was working along with an amish framing crew dead winter in Indiana, building apartments. I think those guy's have alot of bran in their diet, they had made a pyramid, in the Porta John. I'm not ****ting you, the sh*t had actually passed the seat in a pyramid FROZEN. You couldn't even close the seat cover , it was quite the sight before having lunch.

Last edited by hbelectric; 12-24-2008 at 01:58 AM.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:03 AM   #18
Code Nerd

Trade: Historic Preservationist / Furniture Maker

Quote:
He had relieved himself into the vent pipe whilst standing on the roof.
you say that like you think it's wrong....
Old 12-24-2008, 04:44 AM   #19
Workin' Hard & Havin' Fun

Trade: Deck Designer/Builder
Rewards Points: 1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbelectric View Post
Ok one more, I was working along with an amish framing crew dead winter in Indiana, building apartments. I think those guy's have alot of bran in their diet, they had made a pyramid, in the Porta John. I'm not ****ting you, the sh*t had actually passed the seat in a pyramid FROZEN. You couldn't even close the seat cover , it was quite the sight before having lunch.
I've seen a very similar thing... it's not something you can easily forget! sadly!!

~Matt
Old 12-24-2008, 08:04 AM   #20
Da Boss....

Trade: Painting and wallpaper hanging contractor
Rewards Points: 260

Quote:
We have the same problem. I think the frijole-rich diet is a natural laxative.
My favorite thing to have happen is for the toilet service guy to show up when the archy or H/O is on the site and it's summertime. The stink off that truck when it's pumping could knock a buzzard off a sh!twagon.
Worse stink..... I was in Honduras in 87 with the army at a remote base with temp. "toilets". Another guy & I got the detail to pull the metal cans that collected it all. We had to pour kerosene on top, light it & burn it off! I lost my cookies on that one

Advertisement