D-Rock Reporting Fom NYC - General Discussion - Contractor Talk

D-Rock Reporting Fom NYC

Old 08-06-2010, 09:04 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: carpentry/drywall/plaster
Rewards Points: 250

D-Rock Reporting Fom NYC

Haven't been here in a while . Jobs got me crazy, also my wireless router does not let me get in. I'm using my iPhone. Just wanted to update youguys on the job. As some of you may know my company is new and we're a acoustical carpentry and plaster outfit. I've been chasing after workwith one BIG gc for a year and finally they gave me a shot. It'smy biggest job so far, and even though I was happy I was terrified. But always confident.

Its been ok so far. Been keepin a sharp eye on the money. Lot if change orders, which I submitted formally beforehand. They verbally approved but never got paper work or emas from them saying so. Made me nervous. The job scheduleis insane so they are really pushing.

I told them I need email or paper work approval or I will not do anymore change order work and the Job will be delayed. I was polite but firm. They complied. I spoke to the electrician who is a big outfit and he told that's what they do. I learned quick that they will take advantage if you let them. First I was intimidated, but I think I struck a balance between frindly and firm.

I need to get on the ball with my paper wok, submittal etc. I'm seeing how it's important. Also need to keep track of other trades and bow their work affects mine.

Been keeping notes on time it takes to get things done I.e. Framing, grid, Rock etc. Tryin to learn where the money can slip through andif my estimating was on point.
I am on schedule so far. But I'm working like a beast, and my guys are giving me 110% ( with an exception here or there). Gotta keep in mind who he good ones are. The job schedule is INSANE, and the pressure is HIGH, it's certainly seperating the fighters from the sleepers.

That's it for now my friends, hope u guys are winning a bunch of jobs!

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 08-06-2010, 10:07 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Licensed Electrical Contractor and Remodeler
Rewards Points: 896

Re: D-Rock Reporting Fom NYC

Thanks for letting us know you are still alive.

Advertisement

Old 08-07-2010, 12:04 AM   #3
Pro

Trade: Renovations
Rewards Points: 500

Re: D-Rock Reporting Fom NYC

Good to hear your doing Ok.