Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

The coolest house ever?

15K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  BHR 
#1 ·
Check this out, it's a castle house.

This European home is a classic Scottish Highland castle fininshed in stone, slate roofing, wrought iron detailing and heavy plank doors. Entering through the traditional portcullis, visitors are welcomed by a large stone motorcourt, and large reception/stairwell. The stairwell connects to the main house and tower and features an extensive library and there is a separate elevator room for easy handicap access to all floors. The tower houses a billard room, office, Irish pub and rooftop observation deck. The first floor of the main house has a large foyer, dining, living and chef's kitchen. The second floor is divided into 4 large bedroom suites. The interior of the house is finished with stone floors, dark wood paneled walls and boxed beam ceilings.
http://www.houseplans.com/7421-square-feet-4-bedroom-5-bathroom-European-home-plans-3-garage-(29727)

Houses like this are so cool. What unique houses have you seen or seen plans for?

By the way, how much to build the castle house? :whistling:laughing:

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Check this out, it's a castle house.

http://www.houseplans.com/7421-square-feet-4-bedroom-5-bathroom-European-home-plans-3-garage-(29727)

Houses like this are so cool. What unique houses have you seen or seen plans for?

By the way, how much to build the castle house? :whistling:laughing:
I saw that plan on houseplans, quite a large house. I'd say Idaho costs about 500-600k to build unless you include very expensive custom finishes inside. I like that house though... I'm a man that likes the inside courtyard..ultimate privacy and doggie run.

#8 ·
It'd be good for Jehovas witnesses and door to door salesman. Shut the gate and get a big kettle of hot oil on the catwalk. Maybe some archers on the tower. Set a few examples and word will get out to give your house a wide berth.

#10 ·
Problem with Jehovas witnesses is they won't leave and can't seem to take no for an answer. Whatever you do don't tell em you're Catholic. That's like a codeword to "save" you at all costs.

I like how the designer of the castle house put the pub at the top of about 3 flights of narrow winding stairs. That'll be fun to navigate when you're wasted.

#13 ·
That castle house is flippin' sweet. What sealed the deal for me was the Irish pub. Look out over the my fifedom, sipping my stout and watching the serfs work the fields... Ah the joys of the feudalism...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.