Anybody Else Sitting At Home... - Page 3 - General Discussion - Contractor Talk

Anybody Else Sitting At Home...

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #41
Pro
 
SC sawdaddy's Avatar
 
Trade: General Contractor
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,949
Rewards Points: 1,018

Re: Anybody Else Sitting At Home...


Looks like thats my day today too. Rain is pouring. No inside jobs.
__________________
No, you cant hold my hammer. Where is yours?
SC sawdaddy is offline  

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

   

Advertisement

 

Old 10-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #42
Pro
 
abacab's Avatar
 
Trade: General Contractor
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 378
Rewards Points: 390

Re: Anybody Else Sitting At Home...


Quote:
Originally Posted by SC sawdaddy View Post
Looks like thats my day today too. Rain is pouring. No inside jobs.
I love those rainy days when there is nothing that can be done inside. It's a guilt-free day off. I only get about 1 or 2 of those a year.
abacab is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 10:23 PM   #43
Pro
 
VinylHanger's Avatar
 
Trade: I'll do that for 500 bucks.
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 10,854
Rewards Points: 13,478

Re: Anybody Else Sitting At Home...


Quote:
Originally Posted by abacab View Post
I love those rainy days when there is nothing that can be done inside. It's a guilt-free day off. I only get about 1 or 2 of those a year.
Yep. Those are rare and treasured days.
__________________
Your emergency does not constitute a problem with my Constitution.
VinylHanger is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-14-2012, 02:19 PM   #44
Pro
 
VinylHanger's Avatar
 
Trade: I'll do that for 500 bucks.
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 10,854
Rewards Points: 13,478

Re: Anybody Else Sitting At Home...


Yippee, I have decided to take the whole weekend off. I took yesterday off with the understanding with myself that I would work a long day today.

We went out to eat, went shopping and just had a fun afternoon. Today I slept through my alarm and decided I was getting a bit worn out.

As much as I've been working, it has been impossible to get to the jobsite early. As you all know, this starts a cycle of working late which means getting up late and working late, and... Couple that with long 6-7 day weeks, it's a tough cycle to break.

Hopefully today will be a cycle breaking day. I'll have the trailer hitched, tools ready and head out around 6:30 tomorrow and get a fresh early start on my week. I'm actually looking forward to it.

Now to get some paperwork done and put something on the grill later. And a bit of beer.
__________________
Your emergency does not constitute a problem with my Constitution.
VinylHanger is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 02:31 PM   #45
Always Learning
 
overanalyze's Avatar
 
Trade: Builder/Remodeler
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 8,400
Rewards Points: 1,554

Re: Anybody Else Sitting At Home...


Quote:
Originally Posted by VinylHanger
Yippee, I have decided to take the whole weekend off. I took yesterday off with the understanding with myself that I would work a long day today.

We went out to eat, went shopping and just had a fun afternoon. Today I slept through my alarm and decided I was getting a bit worn out.

As much as I've been working, it has been impossible to get to the jobsite early. As you all know, this starts a cycle of working late which means getting up late and working late, and... Couple that with long 6-7 day weeks, it's a tough cycle to break.

Hopefully today will be a cycle breaking day. I'll have the trailer hitched, tools ready and head out around 6:30 tomorrow and get a fresh early start on my week. I'm actually looking forward to it.

Now to get some paperwork done and put something on the grill later. And a bit of beer.
Nice. We should never feel guilty for giving ourselves a break. It's good for the mind and body! Now go make some money this week...you slouch! Lol!

Advertisement

__________________
It is what it is...now fix it.
overanalyze is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to overanalyze For This Useful Post:
VinylHanger (10-14-2012)


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vet Employment Issues at Home Depot? MAULEMALL Off Topic (Non Trade) 12 04-11-2012 06:01 PM
Solving the Housing Crisis, this is lengthy but good reading PMI General Discussion 11 03-17-2011 02:50 PM
How to Safely Pressure Wash Your Home. PressureWashE Pressure Washing 1 07-02-2010 05:50 AM
The House of Tomorrow from the Recession Today NC2X4 General Discussion 11 02-28-2009 05:05 PM
Bad Home Plans Cost US! NC2X4 General Discussion 0 02-28-2009 01:34 AM

Join Now... It's Fast and FREE!

I am a professional contractor
I am a DIY Homeowner
Drywall Talk is for
PROFESSIONAL CONTRACTORS ONLY!

At DrywallTalk.com we cater exlusivly to professional contractors who make their living as a contractor. Knowing that many homeowners and DIYers are looking for a community to call home, we've created www.DIYChatroom.com DIY Chatroom is full of helpful advices and perfect for DIY homeowners.

Redirecing in 10 seconds
No Thanks
terms of service

Already Have an Account?