Abante Rooter And Plumbing Company........ Just Who Are They? - General Discussion - Contractor Talk

Abante Rooter And Plumbing Company........ Just Who Are They?

Old 01-22-2019, 04:15 PM   #1
I own stock in FotoMat!

Trade: 132 on Bush, I've got him at gunpoint!
Rewards Points: 12,874

Abante Rooter And Plumbing Company........ Just Who Are They?

And why do they sue so many companies?

Last year, I got a card in the mail stating I was eligible to be included in class-action lawsuit against a telemarketer. I immediately ordered "Shields up, Ensign Crusher!"

But all I was asked for was my name, address, phone and email....... information that's already smeared all over the 'net. (Heck, they sent me the card so they were already 50% there.) So I figured what the he11... class-action lawsuits typically fork out about $10 per claim. I'm in for lunch money at least!

That was last spring and I had totally forgotten about it. Today, I get my settlement check in the mail. A tad over three hundred clams!

But still have my finger on the 'fire photon torpedoes' button. The check looks legit. I don't see any "By negotiating this check, you agree to change your wireless service to RipOff Cellular" language or anything else nefarious.

So before I trot to the bank and deposit my three free C-notes, I did some Googling. Turns out, Abante Rooter and Plumbing has more hits on searches that are connected to lawsuits than to a plumbing company.

Yet.......... there they are........a seemingly legit plumbing company (albeit a small one) with at least 8 class action suits against telemarketers. And big 'uns, like New York Life.

So does anyone know the back-story? Is this a 1-man plumbing shop who has the resources to make a chit-load of money filing lawsuits against telemarketers? Some of these suits are 8 digits settlements!

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 01-22-2019, 09:44 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Licensed Electrical Contractor and Remodeler
Rewards Points: 950

Re: Abante Rooter And Plumbing Company........ Just Who Are They?

It's just Leo trying to get your banking info so he can collect his one dollar from you that has been owed for about 8 years now. I tried it too but you never answered.

Advertisement

Old 01-23-2019, 09:47 PM   #3
I own stock in FotoMat!

Trade: 132 on Bush, I've got him at gunpoint!
Rewards Points: 12,874

Re: Abante Rooter And Plumbing Company........ Just Who Are They?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rselectric1 View Post
It's just Leo trying to get your banking info so he can collect his one dollar from you that has been owed for about 8 years now. I tried it too but you never answered.
Um....... it's Leo that's owed me that dollar for the last 8 years.