Sage 100 Contractor?? - Accounting Software & Discussion - Contractor Talk

Sage 100 Contractor??

Old 12-01-2016, 09:30 PM   #1

Trade: Sitework
Rewards Points: 148

Sage 100 Contractor??

Posted this in the business section, probably should have been here.

Since my last post, I have been taking a hard look at Sage 100 Contractor accounting software. Does anyone have any experience, good or bad, with it? As I said previously, I have out grown QuickBooks.
Thanks!

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 02-13-2017, 09:51 AM   #2
Pro

Trade: Carpentry/General Contracting
Rewards Points: 197

Re: Sage 100 Contractor??

I would like to know if anyone on here is using it as well? I have been looking at it pretty hard to, and I already own a copy of Plan Swift, so I think it would incorporate right in. The one thing I hate is they don't list a price online, and I heard that the base starting price is around $6k?

Advertisement

Old 02-13-2017, 10:31 AM   #3

Trade: Sitework
Rewards Points: 148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnrhodes View Post
I would like to know if anyone on here is using it as well? I have been looking at it pretty hard to, and I already own a copy of Plan Swift, so I think it would incorporate right in. The one thing I hate is they don't list a price online, and I heard that the base starting price is around $6k?
You are correct. I was quoted $6,500.00 as a base price. However, the training required will run you an additional $10,000.00, depending on which vendor you go through. I have a friend who has Sage and he said it great software but be prepared to hire a consultant to work with you even after training as their support is terrible.

If you haven't looked at it, I would suggest you take a look at Foundation Software. It is about $6,500.00-$8,000.00, depending on the modules you need. Foundation also helps you set it up and provides up to 40 hours of training, which is included in the price.

www.foundationsoft.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2019, 03:28 PM   #4

Trade: masonry
Rewards Points: 2

We are also looking at options after Quickbooks Enterprise. Considering Jonas, Sage 100, Foundation, ComputerEase, and Spectrum. Would love to hear any thoughts about how others made their decision, and what they might recommend for contractors going down the path...... Thanks!