Window And Door Keyword Suggestions? - Websites and SEO - Contractor Talk

Window And Door Keyword Suggestions?

Old 11-10-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: Professional Home Remodeling
Rewards Points: 150

Window And Door Keyword Suggestions?

I was just wondering what some of the keywords you guys are targeting and finding success with for the window and door categories.

It seems a bit different than home remodeling since its a cheaper home improvement, sometimes out of necessity, sometimes impulse, sometimes a wish list...It's a different mentality than I'm used to with home remodeling.

You can view our window and door website here. Any ideas from you guys would be great, just trying to figure out a more narrow direction. Thank you

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 11-10-2011, 04:36 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Masonry
Rewards Points: 10,846

Re: Window And Door Keyword Suggestions?

I would start here.

Man so many more searches a month for windows and roofing and the such as compared to masonry.

Advertisement

Old 11-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #3
Pro

Ah thanks, the good old trusty google keyword tool. I was just wondering if anyone has any personal experience. Our website currently focuses on window replacement, but I'd like to expand my horizons a little bit more. I'm not sure if those keywords are working out in our favor, but it could be a million other factors as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2011, 07:08 PM   #4
Pro

Trade: Masonry
Rewards Points: 10,846

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Pankow View Post
Ah thanks, the good old trusty google keyword tool. I was just wondering if anyone has any personal experience. Our website currently focuses on window replacement, but I'd like to expand my horizons a little bit more. I'm not sure if those keywords are working out in our favor, but it could be a million other factors as well.
lol sorry if that was basic, best I could help ya with
The Following User Says Thank You to JBM For This Useful Post:
Rob Pankow (11-15-2011)
Old 11-10-2011, 09:44 PM   #5

Trade: Painting
Rewards Points: 25

I wanna help, but you lost me a little. You say you want to "narrow down more" and then on the second post you want to "expand your horizons"?

I'll wait for your reply to see if I can help in any way.

P.S. - Out of all the meta-tags on your site, your missing your meta-keyword tag.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:51 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFlorida View Post
I wanna help, but you lost me a little. You say you want to "narrow down more" and then on the second post you want to "expand your horizons"?
keyword tag.
Sorry if this is getting confusing... I guess I just wanted to start a discussion on the types of keywords other members of the forum were having success with..for example maybe one person is focusing on "sliding patio doors broke" or "vinyl window replacement". Then we can have a discussion on what type of keywords are effective and possibly why.

The window and door game is a bit different because there are specific brands, certain types, etc...just wanted to pick your guys brains a little
Old 11-12-2011, 03:29 PM   #7

Trade: Painting
Rewards Points: 25

I see what your saying, and hopefully other contractors in this area will contribute.

I can at least advise you on taking advantage of your blog and make posts with these different keywords that your wondering about.

Going after these low-searched words should be easy to rank for in your local area. You can still use the GKT and just target the less searched words.

Not only can you get some traffic from it, but even if you missed on picking the right keywords, your still adding fresh content to your website and keeping active which is good SEO.

Good Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to SouthFlorida For This Useful Post:
Rob Pankow (11-15-2011)
Old 11-18-2011, 12:35 AM   #8
New Guy

Trade: Home Remodeling
Rewards Points: 10

the image of the google keyword tool search results is slightly incorrect. the keyword tool was originally created or adwords accounts and advertisements. But it also works great for keyword research. The best way to get realistic numbers from the keyword tool is to check off exact match on the left sidebar it will reduce these numbers greatly but they will be more accurate for google search results and not include adwords and payper clicks numbers. also try and direct yourself toward more specific keywords. like "glass shower doors installations" rather then just "shower doors"
The Following User Says Thank You to cmuzzin85 For This Useful Post:
Rob Pankow (11-18-2011)
Old 11-20-2011, 01:32 AM   #9
We Repair Garage Doors

Trade: Garage doors, openers and garage door repair
Rewards Points: 250

best keyword is "windows". ----for a variety of reasons, trust me this is the primary. For all the other 200 window terms, create maybe 10 categories then make unique folders under the primary domain for each, so each folder has it's own index. Don't link out to the other pages except the home page.

shower enclosures
replacement windows
vinyl windows
dual pane windows
mirrors
closet doors
glass shelves
ect
ect

Advertisement