Website Check - Websites and SEO - Contractor Talk

Website Check

Old 02-29-2020, 05:58 PM   #1

Trade: Remodeling Contractor
Rewards Points: 4

Website Check

We have a new website so please check it out at lakewoodremodelingcontractor.com and let us know what you think.

Thanks.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 02-29-2020, 07:42 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Design/Build Remodeler
Rewards Points: 1,258

Re: Website Check

I’m not a website expert. I hope “Remodeling in Lakewood, CO”, “Bathroom Remodeling in Lakewood, CO”, “Kitchen Remodeling in Lakewood CO”, “Professional Home Remodeling Experts in Lakewood, CO”, etc., etc., etc., etc… works for you. I’m sick of getting calls from Lakewood!

BTW, do you do any work in Lakewood, CO? Just pulling your leg. I’m sure some website consultant had you put “Lakewood, CO” on the website to the point of ad nauseum. It makes me want to puke, but if all you need is the phone to ring... Good luck.

Advertisement

Da Vinci on the web or Da Vinci On Facebook
Old 03-25-2020, 12:52 PM   #3

Trade: Fence
Rewards Points: 6

Looks great. BTW, how much did you pay for it?
We just completed ours as well... palmdalefencecompany.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2020, 08:05 PM   #4
GC/carpenter

Trade: Decking, Railing, Carpenter/General Contractor
Rewards Points: 10,258

Mine too! Lol

Www.Mlwconstruction.com

Mike.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:36 AM   #5
MyOnlineToolbox cofounder

Trade: contractor marketing, website education & strategy
Rewards Points: 3,416

I see this is your first post, and assume it is genuine. But at the same time it is hard to tell if perhaps this is more of a lead gen oriented in stealth mode.

First, I see you are simply saturating Lakewood over and over again and that usually is more of a SEO tactic as opposed to branding your company. So I am curios if this website was created by someone else, and now round 2 is to start getting everyone to provide free advice? Maybe I am wrong here, but it happens all too frequently. Please let others know.

Second, I tried to find the company on Google My Business and did not see it. Perhaps you are unaware? If so, that should be the next thing to set up so someone can clearly see the business exists.

Third, I reviewed the Colorado Secretary of State website for different permutations of the name, and it says
Lakewood Remodeling Expired 7/7/16
Lakewood Remodeling Inc Expired 10/5/08
So my question is "Any reason the company is not listed?"

Stay healthy.
NJ Contractor (03-31-2020)
Old 04-03-2020, 04:21 PM   #6
Contractor

Trade: Remodeling & Home Additions
Rewards Points: 1,582

I think this guy has something to do with it. making generic websites to draw in leads then feeding them to people. like the 3 roofing company's around Dallas the were in the intro section last week.

https://www.facebook.com/321srjohnson
Old 04-04-2020, 08:30 AM   #7
MyOnlineToolbox cofounder

Trade: contractor marketing, website education & strategy
Rewards Points: 3,416

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinDB View Post
I think this guy has something to do with it. making generic websites to draw in leads then feeding them to people.
Hi AustinDB,

I am on all sorts of forums and business webinars for this industry, and I am seeing a flurry of people offering to build their first websites for contractors for very little.

I can understand they are doing what they have to do to weather the storm. While I wished people would go to some of the website companies that have always focused on this industry, I rather them still go anywhere for a starter website than have nothing at all.

But a common thing I see is these same programmers go all over the place posting "Here is my new website, tell me what you think" topic. That can be a little bit of a challenge for a forum such as CT.

My office is getting inquiries along a similar nature of "Before we consider buying your service, what are the top X things you notice about our site?".

I am used to it, but the volume is picking up, and here is what is different this time around .... many of the inquiries are not coming directly from the person you think it is coming from. I tend to call a lot of people than do a fast email reply, so I call the office asking for so-and-so to reply to their questions, and am met with things such as "who are you talking about?" and "he can not speak but asked for you to reply in email", etc. I know exactly the game 90% of the time (since I have been wrong a few times, I admit).

Programmers that are new to an industry are taught to just keep asking operational questions all over the place, under disguise of someone else's name. They get a handful of ideas, rarely say thank you, then move on to the next place to ask questions. They usually know the technology but rarely know the business.

There are many here on this CT forum who have good intent at helping others. You know who you are since you have posted and responded for so many years. But just be on the look out for a flurry of people asking the same question here since you need to protect your time in a tough environment. Just a suggestion from someone who is already getting this directly to the business. All of us here are used to first time CT posters who come and leave after a one shot post. You could be responding unknowingly to someone who is just here to pick your brain, not show any thanks, then move on.

Of course there may be genuine folk who really need help and we all like to throw our two-cents in. However, your time now is worth much more than two-cents so just be aware it can add up.

Most important, please stay healthy to you and everyone else who we have known virtually for years !
Old 04-10-2020, 03:48 PM   #8
New Guy

Trade: finish carpentry
Rewards Points: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTB View Post
Hi AustinDB,

I am on all sorts of forums and business webinars for this industry, and I am seeing a flurry of people offering to build their first websites for contractors for very little.

I can understand they are doing what they have to do to weather the storm. While I wished people would go to some of the website companies that have always focused on this industry, I rather them still go anywhere for a starter website than have nothing at all.

But a common thing I see is these same programmers go all over the place posting "Here is my new website, tell me what you think" topic. That can be a little bit of a challenge for a forum such as CT.

My office is getting inquiries along a similar nature of "Before we consider buying your service, what are the top X things you notice about our site?".

I am used to it, but the volume is picking up, and here is what is different this time around .... many of the inquiries are not coming directly from the person you think it is coming from. I tend to call a lot of people than do a fast email reply, so I call the office asking for so-and-so to reply to their questions, and am met with things such as "who are you talking about?" and "he can not speak but asked for you to reply in email", etc. I know exactly the game 90% of the time (since I have been wrong a few times, I admit).

Programmers that are new to an industry are taught to just keep asking operational questions all over the place, under disguise of someone else's name. They get a handful of ideas, rarely say thank you, then move on to the next place to ask questions. They usually know the technology but rarely know the business.

There are many here on this CT forum who have good intent at helping others. You know who you are since you have posted and responded for so many years. But just be on the look out for a flurry of people asking the same question here since you need to protect your time in a tough environment. Just a suggestion from someone who is already getting this directly to the business. All of us here are used to first time CT posters who come and leave after a one shot post. You could be responding unknowingly to someone who is just here to pick your brain, not show any thanks, then move on.

Of course there may be genuine folk who really need help and we all like to throw our two-cents in. However, your time now is worth much more than two-cents so just be aware it can add up.

Most important, please stay healthy to you and everyone else who we have known virtually for years !
That's good advice.

Advertisement