Boostability - Websites and SEO - Contractor Talk

Boostability

Old 11-28-2013, 08:25 AM   #1
Pro

Trade: Everything Exterior, Mostly Roofing.
Rewards Points: 2,786

Boostability

Anyone here heard of them and/or worked with them? They continually call me and I spoke with them yesterday, good pitch. Being that I'm unhappy with my provider, I'm looking at making a switch. Any ideas and suggestions?

P.S - I don't have the time or desire to learn how to do it all on my own.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 11-28-2013, 10:42 AM   #2
Pro

Trade: Low Voltage Wiring
Rewards Points: 2,828

Re: Boostability

Looked through their website, I saw a lot of claims of what they plan to do but very little on how they plan to do it, unless I missed something? You can get yourself on Google, Bing, Google Places, all that very easily, usually takes only an hour to complete.

Advertisement

Old 11-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #3
Pro

Trade: Low Voltage Wiring
Rewards Points: 2,828

Read a lot of reviews of people claiming they were offered the world and got a few comments with links to their site placed around the web and very obscure keywords which got them on page 1 of Google, another big complaint seems to be the high turnover of employees and their billing practices.

Seems like adding your website to your tagline on this site would have a better affect on your SEO then hiring Boostability, and its free.

Last edited by SectorSecurity; 11-28-2013 at 11:11 AM. Reason: additional detail
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #4
Pro

Trade: Masonry
Rewards Points: 10,920

What are 5 keywords that arnt of the fist page that you think would have a major impact on your leads?
Old 11-28-2013, 11:12 AM   #5
Pro

With organic results being blended now with local you should really look for someone with an amazing local seo trac record.

And of coarse if they cold call you they probably suck.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:23 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBM
With organic results being blended now with local you should really look for someone with an amazing local seo trac record. And of coarse if they cold call you they probably suck.
That's the thing JBM. I've been with the same company for almost 3 1/2 years and had GREAT results in 2011 and 2012. I ranked in the top 3 for over 50 keywords and then in June of this year it completely dropped off. I actually can't find my listing within the top 20 organic results now although I do still have top listings for the map search.

I have been paying and not getting results. I think the local company I am with has gotten too large to offer the same service they once did.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBamm5144 View Post
That's the thing JBM. I've been with the same company for almost 3 1/2 years and had GREAT results in 2011 and 2012. I ranked in the top 3 for over 50 keywords and then in June of this year it completely dropped off. I actually can't find my listing within the top 20 organic results now although I do still have top listings for the map search.

I have been paying and not getting results. I think the local company I am with has gotten too large to offer the same service they once did.
You should sign up for rankcheckerace and monitor your kw's, maybe not daily, but weekly anyhow.

That said you are @ 150 for milwaulkee WI roofing company.

I know you ranked higher than that, you have an over opt. anchor penalty I would bet a million on. I have one on another test site I have.

Stop building anything with the anchor roofing and company or contractor. Only build URL and brand links.

Your blogs get no link love from your home page, roll them on the home page to pick up long tails from them. Add locations in the titles of your blog posts, and add location in the H1 of the blog posts. Mention it once in the body, link to an inner page, and home page per catagory. all your blogs are set up as uncatorigized. That sucks. Make a blog post for every service, link to its inner page from that catagorys post. Read this post, that is what you want to create.

Interlink your blog posts, you could use related post plugin to do so.

I dont know what your citations are like, but there are tools like whitespark and ....i forget the other one, google local citation checker.

Did you set up authorship from G+, what about rel=publisher?

Hire someone who says "thats a good start" to what I am saying.

Your links he is making is off my theory of web 2.0s , but an seo company should have more skills then me and not try to rely on that to rank a ROOFING company , jesus. Plus there are ways to make the 2.0s stronger, but thats a different discussion.

Summary,

your site is awesome but not maximizing its seo for on page-long tails ect. It has no content silos.

Your over optimized on roofing anchors. Build your brand for as long as it takes to get movement back to around 20ish.

Work on G+ author rank
set up hootsuite or Dlvrit or something to make that crap easier.

Fix your footer, make your logo smaller, add location, add social media icons

Move your trust logos to above the footer

Add schema markup to your reviews ....lol, wut? nevermind that.

Create pinterest account, verify your website, add pins optimized for local

Create a brand name free blogger account post only about 1 service
create a brand name wordpress account blog only about 1 service
create a personal about.me profile , roll your rss on it, link your company

=make bank ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JBM For This Useful Post:
BamBamm5144 (11-28-2013), Sir Mixalot (11-29-2013)
Old 11-28-2013, 11:57 AM   #8
Pro

Thanks. A lot of that is jiberish to me but I am going to learn more about it so it makes sense and so I can know more of what to look for.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #9
Pro

Are you saying its best to have a lot of information on that first page even if it's not read or very important in the eyes of the consumer?
Old 11-28-2013, 12:11 PM   #10
Pro

Well like the blog feed on your home page, it will make your posts index and send some "juice" to them which in turn will help you pull long tails out of the posts. Which is the main seo benefit for blogging.

The location information is directly relevant to how you rank in google places, plus, local whatever the hell they call it now.

Plus it increases user experience to know they landed on a relevant company for their interests.

the logos just belong above the footer as the footer is better used for the above info. "as seen on,,our clients, our customers" are all usually above the footer in its own little strip of some sort.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:04 AM   #11
Pro

I spent another couple minutes going through your blogs and in almost every one you have your roofing KW in the post. I would seriously like to see what would happen to your KW movement if you went in and changed the links to something else. More generic but brandable.

Quote:
First and foremost, any "milwaukee roofer" that you even consider for hire should be both licensed and insured
Change the link to" milwaukee company your hire to install your roof should be both liscensed and insured.

Link the bold it also has the association with it of roofing, (google looks at what words surround a link and places relevance in context) so you will get the association of roofing without killing your anchor %.

If it were me I would remove all the links that look like that and re work them. Monitor the movement and let me know what happens.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:24 AM   #12
Pro

Yeah that's written by a "professional" SEO writer.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:31 AM   #13
Pro

It worked a year ago, not so much now. Well it would if you had a strong neutral or brand anchor profile.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #14
Non-conformist

Trade: Builder of businesses
Rewards Points: 1,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBamm5144 View Post
I didn't dig into why this happened but I pretty much know what to expect if I did. Your statement tells me this other company was using old tricks that no longer work. Your statement in another post below about content being written by a professional SEO writer further confirms my suspicions.

This will not be the first time I've said this but I'll say it again anyway, "Humans first, search engines second." Anything written for search engines that doesn't also naturally serve humans is trouble waiting to happen. The latest Google changes have made that trouble arrive for many; as it apparently has for you.

There's the non-gibberish version. At the risk of direct self promotion, I have solved this problem before but it's not my place to say "pick me" when there are many others who also could solve it. At least I can provide encouragement by pointing out that you can recover. As you screen for companies that can help, review their work until you find someone that writes in a way that makes you want to pick up the phone and call.
Sir Mixalot (11-29-2013)
Old 11-30-2013, 04:31 AM   #15
We Repair Garage Doors

Trade: Garage doors, openers and garage door repair
Rewards Points: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBM View Post
You should sign up for rankcheckerace and monitor your kw's, maybe not daily, but weekly anyhow.

That said you are @ 150 for milwaulkee WI roofing company.

I know you ranked higher than that, you have an over opt. anchor penalty I would bet a million on. I have one on another test site I have.

Stop building anything with the anchor roofing and company or contractor. Only build URL and brand links.

Your blogs get no link love from your home page, roll them on the home page to pick up long tails from them. Add locations in the titles of your blog posts, and add location in the H1 of the blog posts. Mention it once in the body, link to an inner page, and home page per catagory. all your blogs are set up as uncatorigized. That sucks. Make a blog post for every service, link to its inner page from that catagorys post. Read this post, that is what you want to create.

Interlink your blog posts, you could use related post plugin to do so.

I dont know what your citations are like, but there are tools like whitespark and ....i forget the other one, google local citation checker.

Did you set up authorship from G+, what about rel=publisher?

Hire someone who says "thats a good start" to what I am saying.

Your links he is making is off my theory of web 2.0s , but an seo company should have more skills then me and not try to rely on that to rank a ROOFING company , jesus. Plus there are ways to make the 2.0s stronger, but thats a different discussion.

Summary,

your site is awesome but not maximizing its seo for on page-long tails ect. It has no content silos.

Your over optimized on roofing anchors. Build your brand for as long as it takes to get movement back to around 20ish.

Work on G+ author rank
set up hootsuite or Dlvrit or something to make that crap easier.

Fix your footer, make your logo smaller, add location, add social media icons

Move your trust logos to above the footer

Add schema markup to your reviews ....lol, wut? nevermind that.

Create pinterest account, verify your website, add pins optimized for local

Create a brand name free blogger account post only about 1 service
create a brand name wordpress account blog only about 1 service
create a personal about.me profile , roll your rss on it, link your company

=make bank ?
This is some good sh*t

Advertisement

The Following User Says Thank You to doorrepairsac For This Useful Post:
JBM (11-30-2013)