Adding New Services To Website - Websites and SEO - Contractor Talk

Adding New Services To Website

Old 07-02-2015, 11:16 AM  
New Guy

Trade: Concrete
Rewards Points: 62

Adding New Services To Website

Okay, long story short, I had a big fall out with a partner of mine, we decided to start a secondary business for commercial concrete polishing. He said he was going to get us tons of jobs, and he did, but he sold them behind my back to another contractor, so I decided to shut down the startup. But now i have decided to continue forward with it, but use my current business name. I figured, I already have the equipment, I have so much research and time invested, Just might as well executed it.

I primarily do only flatwork concrete, not commercial concrete polishing, since it's my bread and butter locally, I get about 20-30 calls a week for driveway remodels ect. But I need some advice how I could integrate it in my website where people can find me, like as of right now I had it marketed to just local business my county / state. If I attempted to add concrete polishing to my business, it would have to be nationwide, and I don't really want to bothered with phone calls from people in Delaware looking for sidewalk replace / install, when I'm trying to market myself for industrial concrete polishing in that state for example.

Sorry for writing a lot, but do you guys think it'd be better to just make a separate website or do you think i could get by with just adding the service to my main website. Maybe you guys can help me with a good set up for the navigation tabs. My current website is simple and deleted a lot of content on it because iv been seriously brain storming. Industrial flooring is very very technical, lots of different branches and options you could do to a floor.

I have no idea!! I need ideas lol. Here's what my current layout looks like. If any wants that Free Estimates PNG let me know Ill send it to you, when i get customer calls from google, customers always mention that they tapped on the free estimates on their iphones and my number was automatically typed in their inbox. from it, so i think its a good touch. lol

back on topic, this is what i have. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 07-02-2015, 11:48 AM  
Pro

Trade: Masonry
Rewards Points: 10,920

Re: Adding New Services To Website

Do you want to spend money or do it yourself?

If you want to spend money contact Carl @ sites4contractors.com.

If you want to do it yourself, nationwide? , good luck.

Advertisement

Old 07-02-2015, 12:07 PM  
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBM View Post
Do you want to spend money or do it yourself?

If you want to spend money contact Carl @ sites4contractors.com.

If you want to do it yourself, nationwide? , good luck.
Creating the website isnt my concern, I just want it to be efficient. See my problem is, my current website is geared for local sales, and if i make a industrial flooring side to it, I want it geared to building facilitators, so I dont want a home owner from another state to contact me for concrete installation. Thats why my question is, do you guys think it would be better just to make a separate website, or do you think i can fly by adding it to my residential page.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2015, 12:28 PM  
Pro

I think its a question only a professional would be able to answer.

I would vote for a new site personally, but what do I know.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:42 PM  
New Guy

Quote:
I think its a question only a professional would be able to answer.

I would vote for a new site personally, but what do I know.
Thanks for the response. I wish I knew some good marketing people to ask how they would do it. A lot of my colleagues say, just tear what I have down now, and just reorganize tabs as services and put drop downs for each requirements. Example:

Tab1
Concrete
Residential
Commerical

Tab 2
Industrial Flooring
Polishing
Coatings

But I feel like people may over look i offer that service, since its not very well presented. But i could be wrong, thats why I was hoping to get feedback from contractortalk.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:47 PM  
Pro

If you want to have a national site you will need to rank it nationally, which is a bit more work on the seo end of things.

Im not sure if you would be able to rank a sub page as a national service business and rank it nationally when google thinks of your main company as a local business. You know what im saying?

Its easy enough to separate the services, use funnel boxes- easy. But to rank nationally you will need a 60 page site plus off site seo work.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:51 PM  
Pro

Trade: Internet Marketer
Rewards Points: 588

If the service needs to be targeted differently (geographically) and to a different clientèle than you are likely better off building a new site, with it's own local phone number and address.
The Following User Says Thank You to carlsore For This Useful Post:
Rio (07-02-2015)
Old 07-02-2015, 01:22 PM  
New Guy

Quote:
If you want to have a national site you will need to rank it nationally, which is a bit more work on the seo end of things.

Im not sure if you would be able to rank a sub page as a national service business and rank it nationally when google thinks of your main company as a local business. You know what im saying?

Its easy enough to separate the services, use funnel boxes- easy. But to rank nationally you will need a 60 page site plus off site seo work.
I definitely understand what your saying, its definitely not going to be easy. I type in the keywords I want in google, and i see people ranking with 1997 sites, so i think i may stand a chance in doing it. It honestly would be nice to have big ranking, but its going to cost thousands. I'm currently doing a project in Texas, and I type in the keywords i want and tons of companies from indiana, michigan, california pop up, and then they also offer residential concrete like me. So Idk I have my arms in the air at the moment. And if I make a new website, Im not sure if want to add more words to my domain just for the sake of 1 service.

JBM you make a lot of good points, thank you for your response. I type in Concrete Polishing in google, and a lot of the first pages ranking I see are just sub pages for it. along with businesses from all over the country.
Maybe the 60 pages SEO may work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsore View Post
If the service needs to be targeted differently (geographically) and to a different clientèle than you are likely better off building a new site, with it's own local phone number and address.
Well, I cant change my phone number, address, and company name. My reputation here in Detroit means everything to me.

This is just going to be a big daunting task. I hope it pays off in the long run.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:50 PM  
Pro

You would get an 800 number, there are address workarounds and you might get a new company name. It would be a new company.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:04 PM  
New Guy

Quote:
You would get an 800 number, there are address workarounds and you might get a new company name. It would be a new company.
Yeah, I'm not starting a new company. I guess all I can do is to SEO a sub page. Probably not the best choice, but its better than not marketing at all.
Old 07-02-2015, 04:51 PM  
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoDev View Post
Yeah, I'm not starting a new company. I guess all I can do is to SEO a sub page. Probably not the best choice, but its better than not marketing at all.
You are complicating things. You simply need to look like a new company, how you actually file your taxes is another story.

Too look like a stand alone company you need

A phone number,
address (work around)
name,

Then you build it out like any other biz,

Facebook, twitter, G+ page, hire a social media manager for 200 a month for 12 months

Citations,
content
seo

What you dont need is an office, or office help, trucks, signs, ect.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:29 AM  
Pro

Trade: Insulation
Rewards Points: 1,128

My advice...

Use your existing site and add better organization to it. You have plenty of room.

Age is important in the world of SEO. It is faster and easier to rank an existing site on new terms than to start over. How old is your site?

It appears you have WordPress. Just create a category for each location you want to optimize. Then write a blog post for each job with the location of the job.

carlsore gave good advice about the phone number. An 800 number is a good alternative

Last edited by BarryP; 07-04-2015 at 11:31 AM.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:42 AM  
Pro

Trade: Insulation
Rewards Points: 1,128

Think of your website as if it is a farm. Build SILOS on your single farm. Create a SILO for each service you provide.

When people find you in Google, they will see that particular SILO in the results and be taken directly to that page/post. The last thing you want is to have a poor hierarchy structure where people land on your homepage, just to search your site for what they wanted in the first place.

It is FAR easier to keep up with one website than two.

Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: