Absolutly Dominate (dot) Com - Websites and SEO - Contractor Talk

Absolutly Dominate (dot) Com

Old 05-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #1
Preserving the Past

Trade: Restoration & Historic Preservation
Rewards Points: 2,060

Absolutly Dominate (dot) Com

Anyone ever here of them? I'm going to talk with them tomorrow about building a site and doing SEO. So far the conversation went better than typical.

Typical for me is some clown beating his chest about positioning for words like "Remodeling" "Bathrooms" "Kitchens" and so on. They get so fired up about how their way is better they never even here me until I have to rudely cut them off and tell them I don't do any of that

These guys actually listened and thought doing this for me would certainly be unique and they're pretty positive they can get me up and going in little time.

Just wondering if anyone else has used them.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 05-24-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Masonry
Rewards Points: 10,920

Re: Absolutly Dominate (dot) Com

Get a quote with a milestone completion list. The sites is a wordpress site, so it makes me scrunch my nose alittle. Nothing wrong with that, but you would think that a web designer would have something alittle more custom.

A lack of social media exposure as well as a list of happy customers makes the site feel smoke and mirriors if you ask me.

Advertisement

Old 05-25-2012, 05:35 AM   #3
PRO

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 1,004

Never heard of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2012, 12:21 AM   #4
Pro

Trade: I'll do that for 500 bucks.
Rewards Points: 14,158

Honestly, that site looks like crap. It doesn't make me want to use them one bit. I would think that the main webpage for a web designer would have all their fancy tricks and be as good as they can possibly make it. That one looks like a 15 year old kid made it, and a bad one at that. Wordpress or not.

Also when someone has a click here to "claim" your free video. I'll pass.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:11 PM   #5
Pro

Trade: Hauling/trucking
Rewards Points: 384

I echo VinylHanger's comment about the site. It doesn't look that good to me, it lloks plain, drab, and cheap. Do you like their own site, Jason? Have you seen other sites they built?
Old 05-27-2012, 10:57 AM   #6
Pro

Trade: Marketing for Contractors and Other Pros
Rewards Points: 150

I don't know anything about them, but sometimes you can't accurately judge a service provider by how they've done their own "thing." One of my clients is an extremely skilled contractor & carpenter -- his remodels literally make my mouth water. But if I'd seen his house before seeing his portfolio, I'd have thought he was a handyman wannabe who didn't know crap about improving anything.

Just sayin' -- Maybe this company spends all their time helping their clients, rather than improving their own site.

ESS makes a good point: look at sites they've created for clients. (And talk to some of them, if possible.)

Last edited by BonnieLowe; 05-27-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:53 PM   #7
Pro

Trade: I'll do that for 500 bucks.
Rewards Points: 14,158

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieLowe View Post
I don't know anything about them, but sometimes you can't accurately judge a service provider by how they've done their own "thing." One of my clients is an extremely skilled contractor & carpenter -- his remodels literally make my mouth water. But if I'd seen his house before seeing his portfolio, I'd have thought he was a handyman wannabe who didn't know crap about improving anything.

Just sayin' -- Maybe this company spends all their time helping their clients, rather than improving their own site.

ESS makes a good point: look at sites they've created for clients. (And talk to some of them, if possible.)

Hey, who asked you for the voice of reason.

You may be right, but it just seems that their site should be the hook that makes you want to use them. Of course, they could be the IT version of the guy just starting out in his old truck with beat to death tools.

Jason, if you have any links to other sites they have done, please post them.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:56 PM   #8
Hair Splitter

Trade: General
Rewards Points: 1,268

Quote:

I would agree only if he was showing his house to potential clients.

Their site sucks, what are they going to come up for you?

Run away!
Originally Posted by CarpenterSFO View Post
You ask for your money frequently, and you collect it quickly, else you stop working immediately.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:26 AM   #9
Fortune and glory, kid.

Trade: Remodeler/Restorer
Rewards Points: 1,022

Quote:

There is some validity to the idea that the professional is putting their effort towards clients and so neglects their own but in this case their site is not for them (like your contractor's house, which he/she would have no expectation of clients seeing). It is the first impression and primary tool of a company that does web work.

Kinda apples and oranges to your analogy. I would very much take their site as an example of what they are capable of. They may be capable of better but then that would just make them not very smart for not putting their best foot forward.

I agree with the above what examples of design and ranking can they provide?

Last edited by moorewarner; 05-28-2012 at 05:28 AM.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #10
We Repair Garage Doors

Trade: Garage doors, openers and garage door repair
Rewards Points: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Whipple View Post

Typical for me is some clown beating his chest about positioning for words like "Remodeling" "Bathrooms" "Kitchens" and so on.

This is how it's done, it's the execution not the concept that fails.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:45 PM   #11

Trade: Plumber
Rewards Points: 10

I've definitely learned that it's not always a good idea to judge book by it's cover but their site does look kinda lame.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:31 PM   #12
We Repair Garage Doors

Trade: Garage doors, openers and garage door repair
Rewards Points: 250

@416plumbers - Not bad, I give you a D- for lack of effort.
Try something like this if you’re going to spam.

This is the best site ever!!! I can't wait to get my ars out of India and follow some of these unbelievable tips.

Advertisement