Anyone Heard Of Yodle? - Online Leads Services - Contractor Talk

Anyone Heard Of Yodle?

Old 06-03-2008, 04:38 PM   #1

Trade: general contractor
Rewards Points: 75

Anyone Heard Of Yodle?

I received a e-mail from a company named Yodle. Has anyone heard of them or used them?

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 06-03-2008, 04:39 PM   #2
Professional Instigator

Trade: Design Build Remodeling Contractor DC MD
Rewards Points: 2,000

Re: Anyone Heard Of Yodle?

yes i have

Advertisement

Old 06-03-2008, 04:41 PM   #3
DGR,IABD

Trade: Electrical; Commercial and Residential Service
Rewards Points: 2,002

I always liked that song "Mule Skinner Blues". It has something sorta like yodeling in it.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2008, 04:47 PM   #4

Love the song. RBS have you ever used them? Thanks
Old 06-03-2008, 05:22 PM   #5
Pro

Trade: LI,NY designer, new homes, renovation work, concre

i love them, occasionally if they are sold out i will buy a devil dog.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:38 PM   #6
Professional Instigator

Trade: Design Build Remodeling Contractor DC MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolcageman View Post
Love the song. RBS have you ever used them? Thanks

NO they use to call for a period of time. They do PPC advertising for you on google, yahoo etc. I do the ppc thing myself and did not need help. But it may work for new comers or those that do not have time to do it themselves

Old 06-03-2008, 06:09 PM   #7
Pro

Trade: Kitchen & Bath
Rewards Points: 502

I unfortunately did use Yodle and I basicaly spent 660 dollars for about 5 leads that were all duds.

If you do decide to use Yodle beware of their claims that they will develop a website for you for free. They will do a cookie cutter site that is so bad it will generate only poor leads.

They will market your website rather than marketing a website of their own design if you insist on it.

If you want my advice, take the money you would spend on Yodle and instead sign up w/ At&t yellowpages for their pay per click services, they give you a guarenteed number of clicks per month for one preset monthly price.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:58 PM   #8

Thanks, for all the info.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:29 PM   #9
The Handyman

Trade: HANDYMAN/Floor covering

That answered what I was going to ask. Got a call from YODLE today, this was first place I thought of to find out about them. I won't be returning the call.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:35 PM   #10
Pro

Trade: Kitchen & Bath
Rewards Points: 502

I'd like to add to my previous advice:

Or just do your own PPC campaign on Google and Yahoo. It's not terribly hard to learn although it does require somewhat of a time commitment.

Also spend some time and/or money on optimizing your website for search engines. There is much valuable info on this topic here in the business section.
Old 09-28-2008, 03:38 PM   #11
The Handyman

Trade: HANDYMAN/Floor covering

How duz the PPC work? Is that area specific? I don't want to be paying for some YAHOO that is on east coast clicking my ad.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:09 AM   #12
Prestige Partner Group

Trade: General Contracting
Rewards Points: 10

Yodel charges you for everything you can do yourself.
7154 East Stetson Drive, Scottsdale AZ (866) 770-4736
Old 10-17-2008, 01:51 PM   #13

Trade: Remodels

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestigePartner View Post
Yodel charges you for everything you can do yourself.
I actually just signed up with them with an $1800/mo budget and have received 3 leads for kitchen remodels the first day.

I tried to run adwords myself, but I could only manage about 9 becaue you have to manually control the bidding for each keyword. They gave me something like 2000 keywords that I'm showing up under and track everything from the words they typed in, to recording the phone call.

I have used YP ppc in the past but guaranteed clicks don't mean anything to me...yodle gets my phone ringing with customers that are ready to buy.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:30 PM   #14
Project Manager HFH..

Trade: GC
Rewards Points: 2,004

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosman View Post
I actually just signed up with them with an $1800/mo budget and have received 3 leads for kitchen remodels the first day.

I tried to run adwords myself, but I could only manage about 9 becaue you have to manually control the bidding for each keyword. They gave me something like 2000 keywords that I'm showing up under and track everything from the words they typed in, to recording the phone call.

I have used YP ppc in the past but guaranteed clicks don't mean anything to me...yodle gets my phone ringing with customers that are ready to buy.
Heck of a first post...
Old 10-17-2008, 09:05 PM   #15
Tile Setter

Trade: Ceramic Tile, Marble, & Stone

Quote:
...yodle gets my phone ringing with customers that are ready to buy.
{teeth sparkle, and then fade to black}

"And now back to our regularly scheduled program."

- Bob
Old 12-18-2008, 05:12 PM   #16

Trade: power washing

Absolutley the worst web service I ever tried....Read the contract you are screwed from the start
Old 12-18-2008, 05:13 PM   #17

Trade: power washing

PS try Reach Local instead
Old 12-19-2008, 01:25 AM   #18
New Guy

Trade: General Contractor

Quote:

Most ofthe time when people on here only have one post they, they are a person from the company we are comenting on. They do not list any info on how to locatete them or who they are. List leads to very low credability. I, am real, and I see the importance on getting the word out there about issues for contrctors. If you are a real contrctor, we would like to see some info on your company, like many of us have posted on here. If not, then more than likely you are not a contractor and work for that company.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:33 AM   #19
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liamjara View Post
I ran a campagne with reach local for a total of $4500.00. It seemed amazing I was getting alot of clicks but no results. I looked at my analytics to take a look at some stats one day and saw how many people came to my site from reach local. Found out that they ripped me off for over $1,000.00, and I have it in writing to prove it, right Chad Burmen and your boss. When I gave them the data they said they had to reserch it, I said reserch it all you want, the data does not lie. Theyh came back 1 month later after I called them constantly and said they had no explanation of why thi shappened, but, that their system was foolproof and perfect. What a crock of crap. In the end, I have inrefutable proof of fraud, and was just to tired at the time to prosicute. Since reading you response, I owe it to my fellow contractor to nail them to the wall. I will be forwarding all the info to D.A., which I have done before with results, and love to watch them fry. Sizzle, Sizzle like the thieves they are. Let them say any differnet, I have the written proof.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:35 AM   #20
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liamjara View Post
I ran a campagne with reach local for a total of $4500.00. It seemed amazing I was getting alot of clicks but no results. I looked at my analytics to take a look at some stats one day and saw how many people came to my site from reach local. Found out that they ripped me off for over $1,000.00, and I have it in writing to prove it, right Chad Burmen and your boss. When I gave them the data they said they had to reserch it, I said reserch it all you want, the data does not lie. Theyh came back 1 month later after I called them constantly and said they had no explanation of why thi shappened, but, that their system was foolproof and perfect. What a crock of crap. In the end, I have inrefutable proof of fraud, and was just to tired at the time to prosicute. Since reading you response, I owe it to my fellow contractor to nail them to the wall. I will be forwarding all the info to D.A., which I have done before with results, and love to watch them fry. Sizzle, Sizzle like the thieves they are. Let them say any differnet, I have the written proof.

Advertisement